Ongoing Deal Discussion

Best Internet Deals in Quebec

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 3rd, 2024 7:32 pm
Sep 23, 2007
306 posts
81 upvotes
Yul
I would much more like to do business with the little guys... Because there the ones helping to keep the prices low !

I don't trust the Big Boys because of their ways of doing business...... Just looking at the fine print..... Not easy

That's just my way of seeing it.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
1179 posts
458 upvotes
Montreal
Welp, I think it's time to threaten to cancel videotron they just jacked up my price by 18$.

When I called in to question it, they offered me a "discount" to 68$ when it's 65$ on their freaking website.

Let's see if I can get the same deal that Rocksteady got at

120/20 - 12 months @ $57.95
200/30 - 12 months @ $67.95

If anyone has any tips when calling retentions, I'm all ears.
HOW CAN I BE GOING BROKE WHEN I'M SAVING SO MUCH MONEY!?
Sep 23, 2007
306 posts
81 upvotes
Yul
Sorry to hear that but That's exactly why I stay away from them ..... The BIG GUY's are very good at that pricing game !

Just shop around, look at what other options people are talking about here.

Thanks again and don't hesitate to change if you don't get offered better.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2005
2368 posts
937 upvotes
Ottawa
Bell recently dropped their prices to match the Ontario prices on the upper end.

1gbps: $69 for 12 months, $89 after

1.5: $79 for 12 months, $99 after

Not bad but I'm not sure it's enough to get me off my 300/300 for $66 (no expiry on it unlike the 1gbps)
Sep 23, 2007
306 posts
81 upvotes
Yul
Rudy, you have access to FTTH ? Right

Thanks for your sharing
Oct 3, 2014
303 posts
266 upvotes
Has anyone been with Transat Telecom? Cable 15mbps for 37$ is best deal I could find.

Selectcom is 38$ for 15mbps with a 1-year commitment (not the same as 'pay annually'), not sure what commitment entails here, anyone know? You also get 13th month free so with 1 free month, Selectcom is cheaper than Transat.

Transat seems to have good reviews on google and they've been around for 2 years. Couldn't find any reviews about Selectcom. I'm leaning toward Transat.

DSL is not an option for me.
Feb 16, 2003
762 posts
167 upvotes
crockpot wrote: Has anyone been with Transat Telecom? Cable 15mbps for 37$ is best deal I could find.

Selectcom is 38$ for 15mbps with a 1-year commitment (not the same as 'pay annually'), not sure what commitment entails here, anyone know? You also get 13th month free so with 1 free month, Selectcom is cheaper than Transat.

Transat seems to have good reviews on google and they've been around for 2 years. Couldn't find any reviews about Selectcom. I'm leaning toward Transat.

I'm also looking for the cheapest unlimited (or 500GB) cable internet package. Did you go with Transat or Selectcom? It seems there is a fee for modem rental with Transat?
WTB:
Sep 23, 2007
306 posts
81 upvotes
Yul
Go with Selectcom if you're looking for V-CABLE 120/20
The price presently offered in Quebec
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2011
1151 posts
340 upvotes
tsx wrote: teksavvy promo for quebec dsl is 25 for 25mbs or 30 for 50mbs.
After the 13th month it comes to regular price, something like 50$ and 57$.

I know they say no contract or anything, so is it just as simple i register now for a year then cancel and find someone cheaper ? no other penalty fees?
Nobody answered this. I'd like to know as well. Also, the offer expires Oct. 25 (in a few days.)

The other option I'm considering is modemoutlet mentioned by OP and apparently still going ($25 for 50M) Though, I don't know anything about their reputation.

Currently on Ebox's 5M for $27 100G cap, but haven't had any problems, very reliable service. But looking to increase my speed while keeping the price equal or lower.
Aug 23, 2010
399 posts
155 upvotes
Montr
I ended up with virgin. 50mb/ 30$
Great service, great speed, horrible accounting but nice reps lol
In the end still worth it even thought i am on my second month and had to call them every month to correct the billing...
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2005
1534 posts
2211 upvotes
Montreal
tsx wrote: I ended up with virgin. 50mb/ 30$
Great service, great speed, horrible accounting but nice reps lol
In the end still worth it even thought i am on my second month and had to call them every month to correct the billing...
Yup, I used to get that all the time with Bell and their associated companies. At a certain point, it stopped looking like an oversight and more like they were intentionally not applying promotions and hoping the customer wouldn't notice. This was years ago, though; it's sad to see things have not improved. Eventually, I got tired of dealing with them every month and switched away from them altogether.
Oct 25, 2017
5 posts
Hi,

I'm wondering which Quebec provider has the best deal on internet around 15mbps? I've started a search but feeling a bit overwhelmed...

Thanks,
Sep 23, 2007
306 posts
81 upvotes
Yul
Hi, try looking at Selectcom Telecom website. Different options for the 15/10 V-CABLE packages are offered.
Excellent service and support for a Great Price.

Good luck in your search.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2011
1151 posts
340 upvotes
I signed up for teksavvy's promo, today's the last day. Will have to dump them in a year. I was warned by my current ISP (Ebox) that they can and do change the terms and pricing before the year is up, and that they've had customers come back to them because of that. In all fairness Ebox has been great, but their caps are tight.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
1905 posts
894 upvotes
GTA
KMKM wrote: I signed up for teksavvy's promo, today's the last day. Will have to dump them in a year. I was warned by my current ISP (Ebox) that they can and do change the terms and pricing before the year is up, and that they've had customers come back to them because of that. In all fairness Ebox has been great, but their caps are tight.
I've been using their $30/50mbps deal for about 4 months now.
So far, so good. Stable connection and no down times. No change of terms.
Feb 9, 2012
5 posts
1 upvote
Montreal
crockpot wrote: Has anyone been with Transat Telecom? Cable 15mbps for 37$ is best deal I could find.

Right now Transat Telecom is at $32.95/month if you have your mode so it is the cheaper price un Québec for cable internet.
Feb 9, 2012
5 posts
1 upvote
Montreal
mikhil wrote: Right now Transat Telecom is at $32.95/month if you have your mode so it is the cheaper price un Québec for cable internet.
A little follow up: Transat Telecom have hidden fees: To open your account there is $20 and another $10 if you bring your own modem to register it.

So I was upset, they should write it clearly on their website, for me it was "shaddy fees" so I looked to find another ISP with low price and I've found one.

I've found Gemstelecom which offer very good price at $34.99 monthly including the modem. The only other fee is $15 for shipping the modem.

It's unlimited, cable speed is 15/2 no installation fee and there is many ways to pay them and they seem professional and they speak french too.

Here's the link: https://www.gemstelecom.com

It seem that it is a special but I'm pretty sure it will stay that way for a while IMO.

Sep 23, 2007
306 posts
81 upvotes
Yul
Hi, What's wrong with the service at Selectcom Telecom ?Different options for the 15/10 V-CABLE packages are offered. Excellent with support for a Great Price.

No problem to share with others.

Thanks again to everyone for your input.
Oct 3, 2014
303 posts
266 upvotes
outtolearn88 wrote: Hi, What's wrong with the service at Selectcom Telecom
Nobody said anything is wrong with Selectcom. Why do you get so defensive anytime someone mentions going with a different ISP? It's weird, makes you look like a shill.

Anyway, to answer you, I didn't go with Selectcom because there are so few reviews. I'd rather go with an established ISP.
Sep 23, 2007
306 posts
81 upvotes
Yul
I just asked, very politely Why ?
You can think what you want.
I had great service from them.

Just saying what I think of the service with others here on the forum.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)