Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
1812 posts
870 upvotes
Montreal
fizikz wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 1:41 pm
Link?
Just share your deals here and I'll update the main post.
Best Deals: Star Alliance Silver without even flying= FREE
Fido CAN/USA Unlimited, CID/VM/SMS 2gb $33/month
3 Logitech X-230 Speakers (150% PM at Staples) = $13 each (I bought 3!)[/B]
Jan 10, 2006
282 posts
86 upvotes
deal_king wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 1:52 pm
Just share your deals here and I'll update the main post.
Thought you meant there is a Wiki with deals listed. I just wanted the link to such a resource.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
1812 posts
870 upvotes
Montreal
This is the OP. I've updated the first post with all the current deals. Go and check and comment.

As I've stated before, it seems like all the amazing internet deals have disappeared. The days of the $30 for 50/10 are gone, except for Carrytel (but their reviews are pretty bad and their wifi that is included is N, not AC- Like WTF?! It's not 2002!!!).

Please continue to share your deals and I'll keep updating the main post.
Aug 27, 2009
683 posts
407 upvotes
Thanks OP.
I'm still hoping for that Beta Fizz internet offer...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
1812 posts
870 upvotes
Montreal
lleb13 wrote:
Jan 21st, 2019 8:16 am
Thanks OP.
I'm still hoping for that Beta Fizz internet offer...
Yes I'm intrigued by this too. Can anyone using Fizz internet in Quebec please comment?
Dec 18, 2005
575 posts
365 upvotes
Montreal
deal_king wrote:
Jan 21st, 2019 8:24 am
Yes I'm intrigued by this too. Can anyone using Fizz internet in Quebec please comment?
I'm part of the Fizz beta. The service is fast and the price can't be beat. I'm not a fan of their mandatory modem, though. Never got the IP Passthrough to work so I could manage everything through my Google Wifi.

Last week, I had a problem with my internet where it seemed to get very slow and I was getting timeouts. I restarted the modem and router, and it eventually went away. So I'm not sure if the problem came from the modem, the router, or the ISP itself.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
2275 posts
2224 upvotes
Montreal
dhomas wrote:
Jan 21st, 2019 9:43 am
I'm part of the Fizz beta. The service is fast and the price can't be beat. I'm not a fan of their mandatory modem, though. Never got the IP Passthrough to work so I could manage everything through my Google Wifi.

Last week, I had a problem with my internet where it seemed to get very slow and I was getting timeouts. I restarted the modem and router, and it eventually went away. So I'm not sure if the problem came from the modem, the router, or the ISP itself.

As with many ISP, the weakest link is the Wi-Fi part of the modem/router supplied free of charge by Fizz. The connection itself is rock solid since it's Videotron's Internet. If connected through Ethernet directly to the modem, it's 110% speeds, no speed drop, no disconnection. But in my case, the Wi-Fi part on automatic was not choosing the best, less crowded channels. I had to manually correct that. Many report bridging their modem and using their own routers.

But when available to anyone, it's going to be a competitive option because of the Free modem rental and the Free installation.
Last edited by Temporel on Jan 21st, 2019 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
1812 posts
870 upvotes
Montreal
Temporel wrote:
Jan 21st, 2019 9:39 am

More info here and here.
dhomas wrote:
Jan 21st, 2019 9:43 am

Thanks guys! Can someone post a price chart with different service levels and prices?
Dec 18, 2005
575 posts
365 upvotes
Montreal
Temporel wrote:
Jan 21st, 2019 9:54 am
As with many ISP, the weakest link is the Wi-Fi part of the modem/router supplied free of charge by Fizz. The connection itself is rock solid since it's Videotron's Internet. If connected through Ethernet directly to the modem, it's 110% speeds, no speed drop, no disconnection. But in my case, the Wi-Fi part on automatic was not choosing the less crowded channels. I had to manually set the best channel.
The strange thing is that even my hardwired desktop PC was affected. I've turned off the Wifi on the supplied Modem/Router and use my Google Wifi solution instead.
deal_king wrote:
Jan 21st, 2019 9:57 am
Thanks guys! Can someone post a price chart with different service levels and prices?
From the Reddit thread, here are the prices:

25$ -> 15Mbps; 30$ -> 30Mbps; 35$ -> 60Mbps; 40$ ->120

I'm on the 40$ plan and get 130Mbps when doing a speed test.

Reddit thread here: https://www.reddit.com/r/FizzMobile/com ... available/
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
2275 posts
2224 upvotes
Montreal
dhomas wrote:
Jan 21st, 2019 10:04 am
(...)From the Reddit thread, here are the prices:
25$ -> 15Mbps; 30$ -> 30Mbps; 35$ -> 60Mbps; 40$ ->120

Those are the beta testing prices NOT available to everyone.

In the future, when available to everyone he are what the regular prices will be:
15 - 30 - 60 Mbps
45 - 55 - 60 $

Upload speed is 10 Mbps
Dec 18, 2005
575 posts
365 upvotes
Montreal
Temporel wrote:
Jan 21st, 2019 10:07 am
Those are the beta testing prices NOT available to everyone.

In the future, when available to everyone he are what the regular prices will be:
15 - 30 - 60 Mbps
45 - 55 - 60 $

Upload speed is 10 Mbps
Right, but those are not available yet, from what I understand. If you get on Fizz today, you are on beta. Unfortunately, I don't know how to get the beta service.

BTW, where did you find the pricing for when the service goes live?
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
2275 posts
2224 upvotes
Montreal
dhomas wrote:
Jan 21st, 2019 11:00 am
Right, but those are not available yet, from what I understand. If you get on Fizz today, you are on beta. Unfortunately, I don't know how to get the beta service.

That is correct, Fizz Home Internet is still by invitation only and IF you get an invitation, you already know the beta prices. :)

Unfortunately, at this point in time, there is nothing you can do to become a Fizz Home Internet Beta tester.
Dec 18, 2005
575 posts
365 upvotes
Montreal
Temporel wrote:
Jan 21st, 2019 11:05 am
That is correct, Fizz Home Internet is still by invitation only and IF you get an invitation, you already know the beta prices. :)
Yes, you're absolutely correct. I probably shouldn't be getting people's hopes up with the prices that were offered to me as a beta user. :)

Just curious, though, where did you find the regular prices? I can't seem to find them anywhere. Also, did they kill the 120Mbps service?
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
2275 posts
2224 upvotes
Montreal
dhomas wrote:
Jan 21st, 2019 11:10 am
Yes, you're absolutely correct. I probably shouldn't be getting people's hopes up with the prices that were offered to me as a beta user. :) Just curious, though, where did you find the regular prices? I can't seem to find them anywhere. Also, did they kill the 120Mbps service?

I think it was different with the first invitations Fizz sent, but now, when you get the invitation, you can see the beta pricing AND the regular prices. The 120 Mbps is no longer offered.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)