[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 13, 2004
8672 posts
1117 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario

Best IPTV Service?

Hello All,

Was with tronicscity.com for IPTV service and it was pretty decent however I'm wondering if there are any other options more reliable services out there? If there was a big soccer game the service would lag a bit and so on.
I'm looking for English & Portuguese channels.

using an android box currently. With an STB Emulator app

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Last edited by sickcars on Nov 27th, 2017 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0_o
<_<
>_>
Thread Summary
Ok folks I am kind of sick and tired of repeating the same thing over and over again...

So let's all pitch in and add/edit to this summary!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Beginners of IPTV
======================================================================================================================================================================================
What is the best IPTV out there?
A: There are various IPTV services in the market, each with it's own uniqueness and channel line ups. As a lot of us peeps mention on here, trial them out for a month because you will not make it out on a day of trial. See which one works for you, and the channel line up. Some offer VOD (Video On-Demand) and it's usually updated once a week/day depending on the server. Remember, IPTV is not CABLE! So do not get high hopes and think it will great everyday. There are times even Cable TV has it's outages. Be patient, it will be resolved.

Also to note, some channels may stay or disappear. No one on here are server admins, so please do not post any channel ups or down. Again patiently wait, and it will be functional again. If a channel is missing, that means the service is no longer going to keep that channel, and if it's something important to you, then trial another service and see if that channel is available.

Get a backup sub or 2. You're still paying way less than regular cable.

Lower your expectations with IPTV. You're paying for quantity not quality here.
======================================================================================================================================================================================
How do I get a service?
A: There is a BST section with Group buys where you can get practically any or most services, so please look in there.
Do I need a box with the service?
A: Yes you would, and this area all depends on your needs. Some prefer an advanced experience with more then just IPTV. Some just want to watch TV and nothing else. Make your decision with your needs in mind.
A regular android box can work but it's not the closest to cable-like experience. You'll need to install apps to get your IPTV. An app like IPTV smarters is way easier to use than something like STBemu and has a "wife-friendly interface." But you're limited to certain subs. A dedicated or hybrid IPTV box will get you a remote and a close to cable experience.

You're paying for convenience with an IPTV box, not the hardware as the IPTV boxes have their own dedicated IPTV that you can't get from a playstore or sideload.

Should I use a VPN when using these services?
A: It is up to you to decide, but as a precaution it is always a good idea to use VPN as it spoofs your IP address. Some ISP's tend to block certain traffic from various IP address's because they take high bandwidth and produce overload in their main tunnel. Hence using a VPN would allow you to by-pass this block and get a better connection.

Remember: MAG Boxes are an IPTV limited device ONLY, so this means you are not able to download ANY apps or have a software VPN running on it. If you see yourself using a VPN service in the future, do consider getting any hybrid/Android boxes which has their own app market or Play Store. If you have multiple IPTV boxes, for instance an old MAG and an Android device, and would like to use a VPN service, then consider getting a VPN based router.

What's the difference between MAG and Hybrid/Android boxes?
A: The main difference is simplicity vs advanced.
MAG boxes:

Advantages:
-Uses Linux as a backbone OS, so literally no resources running in the background except for IPTV.
-Very fool proof; any one in the house hold can use it.
-Interface is very basic, but shows only relevant information needed.
-New boxes are Video Display Auto, so you can easily move the box around or take with you on vacation.
-No APP store or market, so you are stuck with IPTV only with VOD.
-PVR function is available, but dependent on server.
-Record function is available.
-In case update is buggy, easily roll back through inner portal.

Disadvantages:
-Gets boring after a while.
-Harder to troubleshoot; sometimes server blocks settings from main interface, so you have to disconnect internet and go through inner portal.
-Only able to add 2 portals.
-To switch between portals, you have to select restart portal in settings, or restart box.
-MAC address ONLY
-If you do not like the reseller and wanted to change, but keep the same server, your MAC is locked and would need reseller to remove it.
-New boxes take a big long to load.
-Older boxes (MAG250/254) do not support H.265 format, so some servers may not work properly.
-Not able to install/run VPN, only through router.
-Not all boxes are wireless, so for wireless you would need the one with "w" ex. MAG322w1
-Updates are done through inner portal.
Hybrid/Android boxes (Buzz TV, Formuler, Dreamlink, Global, etc)

Advantages:
-Faster load up time. Dreamlink/formuler have autostart to live tv
-EPG looks similar to Rogers/Bell experience (except for Global)
-Ability to install 3rd party apps. Whether they work is another story.
-Able to run VPN.
-Ability to test/use up to 10 portals at the same time with the buzz.
-forumuler and dreamlink boxes can accept mac AND m3u lines
-Easy switch between servers, no need to restart box.
-On some boxes able to change MAC, if need be, ie, buzz
-Wifi built-in.
-Google app store available some boxes.
-PVR function available, dependent on server, and Buzz allows you to go back on timeline to start watching something that is going on at the moment. Credit: Aggy
-Record function available as well, with internal storage or USB memory.
-Updates are shown on main screen.

Disadvantage:
-Not user friendly for seniors. Although if all they use it for is IPTV it's fine.
-Apps sometimes stays and keeps running in background, need to clean cache occasionally.
-If update is buggy, roll back sometimes not easy to do.
-Not Android TV, so you are getting a 3rd party android OS generally a mobile version.
-A bug has been reported by many for Buzz TV boxes: When the box is in standby mode it looses connection with the server and starts to freeze, or your portal would not load. A work around is to either power off your device with remote (press and hold power button until "power off" menu appears and select power off) or unplug your box when your done and plug it back when you want to watch TV. This issue was only reported with Buzz TV boxes, but may be persistent on other boxes as well. So if anyone has this issue come up with other boxes, please report it in summary.
IPTV only boxes (Dreamlink DLite, Dlite+)

-similar to the hybrid boxes and a baby brother to the T2/z7+, but can't install extra apps.
-better for "seniors" with autostart to live tv.
Android (Shield, MiBox, Firestick 4k, etc)

Advantage:
-More memory and speed
-Runs a smoother Android OS, frequent updates.

Disadvantages:
-No native IPTV apps, so need to run 3rd party apps.
-Updates on 3rd party IPTV apps sometimes faulty with box.
-installing 3rd party apps are not straight forward to install, eg, playstore
My IPTV is not working/buffers?
A: Here are some troubleshooting points:
-If you are using wired, check your speed test and see what speeds you are getting. IPTV requires a minimum 15mpbs to run adequately.
-If you are on wireless, check your speed test as well, but also hard wire it to see if buffering disappears. A lot of time wireless has many devices running in the house. Some people even have Sonos players, or smart home systems. With all these devices, wireless speeds may vary, and you may experience a drop in network connection or buffering on TV. Always, where possible, use hard wire.
-Make sure your subscription is active, as most of the time we forget to renew and the sub expires. Check with your provider.
-If you are using a router on top of your modem, disconnect the router and try hard wired with your modem.
-Try different ports on the router. Maybe also try swapping out your cable.
-Another thing to try, as others here mentioned this as well, try to use a VPN and see how the connection is.
-If the message appears "Your subscription has expired. Contact your service provider" it could mean your box has expired, please contact the service provider and renew.
-The message "Your subscription has expired. Contact your service provider" can also happen if you already have a sub and you do a factory reset of your box. The system may see it as a new device and your sub will cease to work. Please contact the service provider to see what they can do.
-Try restarting your modem/router: Unplug modem, wait 30 seconds, and then plug back in.
-Try restarting the IPTV box as sometimes screen saver or standby mode would make the box get disconnected from server Reported on Buzz TV boz.
Can I use a service on multiple devices?
A- It depends on the service. Check the details and see what they offer. Generally, the more simultaneous devices the more expensive the sub.
- for some single device MAC based services you can use it on multiple devices if you can "spoof" the mac , eg., 2 devices running stbemu with the same mac, but your account may get locked if you use 2 devices at the same time.
-if using an M3U sub you can install something like iptv smarters on any device and use the service on multiple devices - some allow simultaneous connections and some dont.
Can I switch resellers for my service if I see a cheaper price somewhere else?
A-Generally yes you can. Some services you'll have to ask your current reseller to "release" your mac before you can go with another reseller for the same service. Some services the new reseller can "pull" your mac from the other reseller.
-If you do alot of trials be careful if you use a device where you cannot change your mac. If you do a trial with someone and you decide to go with another reseller, your mac can be locked to the other reseller and you can't switch resellers. This is important in situations like if you are new to IPTV and you do alot of trials and down the road you decide to come back to a service you trialed and find out your mac is "locked" to another system. You can't go with the service you want.
- Bottom line, find a good reseller and don't always go with the cheaper price. The reseller may disappear overnight and you're SOL.

NOTE:
-No one on here are server admins, so our help is just as good as your troubleshooting
-Please do not post any LINKS to any server URL's or websites on main thread!
-Keep in mind you are paying $0.50 per day ($15 monthly minimum) for a TV service, nothing will be 100%
-Please respect RFD and do not sell any services on main thread

For users who want On-demand content only:
If you're into watching movies or TV Shows only (normally NetFlix and chill ;) ), then there are various apps you can download onto Android boxes/Shield boxes. Currently at the moment there are apps like BeeTV, TeaTV, Morpheus Mod Edition, and a few others that allow to stream movies and TV shows.
4595 replies
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
2718 posts
2049 upvotes
Markham
If you are using an Android TV box, you could try hrsjiptv app which is subscription based.
But you need someone who can read Chinese, if you don't, to go through the webpages for you.
https://www.hrsjiptv.com/list/1

Once you subscribed, the app interface on the TV screen is all English.
I use it to watch matches of the English Premier League, European Champion League, Italian, German and Spanish soccer leagues too. It has loads of English Channels from US, Canada, Britain and Asian countries too.
Subscription plans include 2 day trial for US$0.01, 1 month for US$5, 1 year for US$39 and lifetime for US$78.

It has been my substitute of Rogers Cable TV for 3 months already. So far so good!

Here is my brief review in another thread.
Trying it for 2 days.
All done electronically via the website. No need to wait for any human to reply. Registered an account with email. Selected the 2-day trial package ( 1 US cents). Paid using PayPal. Retrieved the unlock code from my personal account page. Downloaded and installed the app on an\ generic Android box. Opened it and input the unlock code. All done within 3 minutes.

The video quality is in HD and very good. HD video is very smooth on my generic Android box with 2GB ram.
Much better than quality from my cable box when I was still with Rogers Cable TV.

IMG_20170819_103515.jpg

^Many Canadian channels can be found in the US & Europe category

IMG_20170819_103140.jpg

^ Plenty of English channels to choose from the available international categories e.g. Sports, News, etc.

IMG_20170819_103332.jpg

^ Canadian SportsNet, TSN etc are in the Sports category. Now watching English Premier League match - Liverpool vs Crystal Palace.
Banned
Aug 22, 2017
367 posts
158 upvotes
sickcars wrote:
Nov 27th, 2017 6:56 pm
Hello All,

Was with tronicscity.com for IPTV service and it was pretty decent however I'm wondering if there are any other options more reliable services out there? If there was a big soccer game the service would lag a bit and so on.
I'm looking for English & Portuguese channels.

using an android box currently. With an STB Emulator app

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Honestly dude I would try IPGUYSTV, and my dealer told me it's great for portugese/spanish/italians/english/etc.. Only thing is quality may be SD for some channels, but majority of sports and News channels were in HD (or somewhat HD when I last saw it). But comparing it to all, it is the most stable one!
Nov 20, 2010
3 posts
Hamilton
What's the link to the *real* IPGUYSTV? There are so many copycats.
Banned
Aug 22, 2017
367 posts
158 upvotes
dotnet_nerd wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 10:50 am
What's the link to the *real* IPGUYSTV? There are so many copycats.
PM'd you.
Jul 11, 2017
458 posts
523 upvotes
drdtyc wrote:
Nov 27th, 2017 7:32 pm
If you are using an Android TV box, you could try hrsjiptv app which is subscription based.
But you need someone who can read Chinese, if you don't, to go through the webpages for you.

I use it to watch matches of the English Premier League, European Champion League, Italian, German and Spanish soccer leagues too. It has loads of English Channels from US, Canada, Britain and Asian countries too.
Subscription plans include 2 day trial for US$0.01, 1 month for US$5, 1 year for US$39 and lifetime for US$78.

It has been my substitute of Rogers Cable TV for 3 months already. So far so good!

Google translate is a great thing!
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2008
1514 posts
297 upvotes
drdtyc wrote:
Nov 27th, 2017 7:32 pm

Just did the google translate on this and they appear to have a $78USD lifetime option???? Wouldn't that be nice. One time fee and you're set for life! Can't see anything wrong with that business model.Confused Face
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2010
1023 posts
257 upvotes
YYC
kabyLake wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 11:54 am
PM'd you.
Hey bro can your pm me too.. thank you
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
2718 posts
2049 upvotes
Markham
singhrh wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 8:36 pm
Just did the google translate on this and they appear to have a $78USD lifetime option???? Wouldn't that be nice. One time fee and you're set for life! Can't see anything wrong with that business model.Confused Face
Depending how one translates the package into one's personal value.

I was paying Rogers Cable TV for about $60 a month with limited channels not as extensive as hrsjiptv's.
I gather that for my 2 months' worth of Rogers Cable TV fee it is worth taking a gamble with the hrsjiptv's lifetime plan of US$78 or $100. Sure enough, it has now lasted more than 3 months since I started subscribing hrsjiptv. From now onward, I am enjoying FREE TV channels until hrsjiptv folds. So my gamble works out fine.

YMMV.
Last edited by drdtyc on Nov 28th, 2017 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 13, 2004
8672 posts
1117 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
kabyLake wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 8:26 am
Honestly dude I would try IPGUYSTV, and my dealer told me it's great for portugese/spanish/italians/english/etc.. Only thing is quality may be SD for some channels, but majority of sports and News channels were in HD (or somewhat HD when I last saw it). But comparing it to all, it is the most stable one!
Can you provide a link please.

Thanks
0_o
<_<
>_>
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
2718 posts
2049 upvotes
Markham
n0thing wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 11:31 pm
How long has hrsjiptv been around for?
At least 4 years as a RFDer mentioned he has subscribed for that period.
Jul 11, 2017
458 posts
523 upvotes
drdtyc wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 9:14 pm
Depending how one translates the package into one's personal value.

I was paying Rogers Cable TV for about $60 a month with limited channels not as extensive as hrsjiptv's.
I gather that for my 2 months' worth of Rogers Cable TV fee it is worth taking a gamble with the hrsjiptv's lifetime plan of US$78 or $100. Sure enough, it has now lasted more than 3 months since I started subscribing hrsjiptv. From now onward, I am enjoying FREE TV channels until hrsjiptv folds. So my gamble works out fine.

YMMV.
Someone should start a thread with a step by step process for getting this setup! I downloaded the app and tried to buy the 2 day pass, then another pop up screen came up and I couldn't translate it. I'll try it again tonight when I get home.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
2718 posts
2049 upvotes
Markham
Bella125 wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 8:39 am
Someone should start a thread with a step by step process for getting this setup! I downloaded the app and tried to buy the 2 day pass, then another pop up screen came up and I couldn't translate it. I'll try it again tonight when I get home.
Do a screenshot I could translate it for you.
Better subscribe on a laptop or computer to ensure you can see what is displayed on the screen. Mobile web browsers could truncate or misplace bits and pieces of information when showing the same webpage on the small screen of a smart phone.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)