• Aug 17th, 2018 10:42 am
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3046 posts
424 upvotes
Edmonton
seanns32 wrote:
Jun 10th, 2018 8:58 pm
No, that’s the site :) a lot of these Iptv services have similar sites. When you click the ‘1c’ option (1 connection) you’ll see that things become more ‘IPTV-esque’ ;)
Thank you. I was able to buy the service for one user to test it out. Question they emailed me the account info, but it only has password no username. Is that normal? The username is blank.

Using GSE IPTV app on the iPad, I tried to load the m3u playlist, which I just copied and pasted but it is saying the the URL is bad or content not supported. Any idea? I am 100% the link is correct that they sent on the email. Thanks again
Jan 5, 2017
125 posts
106 upvotes
montreal
casperr wrote:
Jun 10th, 2018 9:49 pm
Thank you. I was able to buy the service for one user to test it out. Question they emailed me the account info, but it only has password no username. Is that normal? The username is blank.

Using GSE IPTV app on the iPad, I tried to load the m3u playlist, which I just copied and pasted but it is saying the the URL is bad or content not supported. Any idea? I am 100% the link is correct that they sent on the email. Thanks again
What type of subscription did you buy? If you’re using non GSE for iOS you need a M3U type subscription (ie a ‘streamline hosting’ subscription from eternal) and NOT a MAG type.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3046 posts
424 upvotes
Edmonton
You are right sean. I opened a ticket and they will change the account type for me. I imagine that type will be fine if I have to use android boxes and apple tvs in the house eh?
Dec 23, 2011
36 posts
12 upvotes
Mississauga
Any idea where I can get a free trial for Epic Streams?
Jan 5, 2017
125 posts
106 upvotes
montreal
casperr wrote:
Jun 10th, 2018 10:55 pm
You are right sean. I opened a ticket and they will change the account type for me. I imagine that type will be fine if I have to use android boxes and apple tvs in the house eh?
yeah M3U based subscription is what you want for those types of use cases. You'd only need the MAG type of subscription if you bought a dedicated Set Top Box (STB) to watch IPTV (MAG254 or MAG256 as example). The box I have (Formuler Z7+) along with the built in IPTV app (MYTVONLINE) needed a MAC based subscription also, BUT due to a recent update this Formuler box also supposrts M3U based subs. Just FYI
Last edited by seanns32 on Jun 11th, 2018 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2013
1264 posts
418 upvotes
Markham
baddy420 wrote:
Jun 10th, 2018 11:11 pm
www.hrsjiptv.com My watching experience with its TVB channels was flawless and you can register using www.host678.com
Thanks for this! I'd like to give them a try, they wouldn't have VOD channels do they, I can't read Chinese :( Also, what is the best way to pay for this kind of service?
Phone: S8+ Koodo 10gb
Gaming Rig: R7 2700X | Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming | EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 | Crucial 500GB SSD | 16GB 3200mhz | Alienware AW3418DW | Fractal Design Meshify C Dark TG
Currently playing: The Division, Resident Evil 7, The Witcher 3
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2011
2285 posts
9125 upvotes
Saint-Eustache
I was comparing BuzzTV XPL3000 to Formuler Z7+ and DreamLink T2.

Both BuzzTV and Formuler the interface is better than the Dreamlink but based on the review not sure why Formuler is getting negative feedback on amazon.

BuzzTV is very good box but one of review user says " it is imposibe to go backward and the recorded shows cuts quickly while listening"
Also about the Buzz TV:

Pro :
Fast and easy setup
Fast Channel changing
Great picture quality
Beautiful menu and interface the closest I have seen to cable/satellite
Nice remote, has the quality touch feeling.

Cons

The pause, stop, rewind, forward button do not work. You have to bring up a menu in order to pause the view from that menu. When you pause, it pauses but you can not get back again.
This by itself made me return this box as one of the main selling point for this box is the ability to use it as a PVR, and so far it fails that part..

Dreamlink no negative feedback.

anything to comment?
Rogers Unlimited Province, 7gb $39/month! Thanks RFD!!
Feb 28, 2018
30 posts
3 upvotes
seanns32 wrote:
Jun 10th, 2018 7:04 am
i use EternalTV ($5 USD / month) and Epicstreams ($18CAD / month but can be had for cheaper during sales and long term purchases, i pay $13/month). I also wanted "the best box available" to use my IPTV and based on research I determined that the Formuler Z7+ was the best. If you do your research, you'll see it comes up quite often, and of course people have different opinions but undoubtedly it will be in the conversation for best box. Why is it the best? The built in IPTV app which comes preinstalled is very 'pretty' looking compared to other apps out there, and the box is very well supported (updates almost every month), it has built in recording, etc.

So although Epic is more expensive than Eternal, ive been using both for the last 3 months and with out a doubt Eternal is more reliable. I'd say Epic can be a 9/10 because some of their channels are so so crisp (1080p 60fps) but also it gets a 7/10 because channels can be down much more often than Eternal. Eternal is just a steady 8/10 all the time, and it's only $5 ! I keep both services ($5+$13 = 18) because it's cheap and because I'm a stickler for having backups and never missing anything.

I you're trying IPTV for the first time, for sure start with Eternal solely based on the price. It has every US/CA/UK channel you'd ever want (and more). www.eternaltv.net. They only offer so many subscriptions per day and they go out of stock quite often so you need to be checking every few hours, ideally late at night or something like that. As for what to watch your content on, if you have a laptop/desktop you can just start with Kodi. Install Kodi, and then plug in your IPTV info into Kodi and voila, you'll have all the channels available! that's how i started and then i eventually purchased the Formuler Z7+ box so that I would have the closest experience to what the Bells and Rogers of this world offer.
I also use eternal. For some channels there is no EPG. Is it possible to schedule recordings using "start and end times" with formuler z7+?
Jan 5, 2017
125 posts
106 upvotes
montreal
RohitRa wrote:
Jun 11th, 2018 4:35 pm
I also use eternal. For some channels there is no EPG. Is it possible to schedule recordings using "start and end times" with formuler z7+?
To be honest I haven’t used the scheduled recording function all that much. Although you can set a recording in the future, I’m not sure if you can modify it (example: record a one hour show at 1am but have the recording go for 70mins, not sure whether you can do this or not)
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3046 posts
424 upvotes
Edmonton
everything works with eternaltv. thanks seanns32

Been searching the web if it is possible to connect this iptv on my plex server, so far no success yet
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2004
1940 posts
163 upvotes
casperr wrote:
Jun 11th, 2018 10:45 pm
everything works with eternaltv. thanks seanns32

Been searching the web if it is possible to connect this iptv on my plex server, so far no success yet
1. Install the Plex's UnsupportedAppStore (link)
2. Goto Plugins on Plex Server (left menu, under Online Content)
3. Select the WebTools untility
4. Click the Unsupport AppStore in the under the Available Modules list
5. Search for 'IPTV' - if list is empty select the Video category with a button in the middle
6. Second in list should be called 'IPTV', install it
7. Go back to Plugins
8. Scroll over the new IPTV icon and select the configure gear
9 Add your m3u to the first field and save (e.g. 'hxxp://live.eternaltv.net:25461/get.php?username=XXXXX&password=XXXX&type=m3u_plus&output=ts' - where XXXXX is replaced with your username and XXXX is replaced with you password and hxxp is http)
10. The IPTV is accessed on one of your Plex media players under the 'Channels' menu

I just tried it with EternalTV and Vaders and both worked fine. No idea if you connect from two plex media players concurrently whether is counts as one or two connections.

That said, from what I have read on different Vader set up sites, they recommend using a Plex plugin through KODI for better performance. I can not tell you why, or compare the difference as I just get frustrated by KODI so I avoid it...

Thread Information

There are currently 10 users viewing this thread. (7 members and 3 guests)

lamboman, jimmyraso, Gary320, Akronica, Rlcky, mark_in_2k, Aggy