• Last Updated:
  • Jun 19th, 2018 8:16 pm
Nov 18, 2015
697 posts
466 upvotes
Unionville, ON
guru2gr8 wrote:
Jun 12th, 2018 11:28 am
if somebody want to try IPTV free. one good option is CCloud lanuch Atom Project (indirectly public channel M3U play list) . so it can be use on Plex, Kodi, roku, every M3U supported platform.

https://ccloudtv.org/

https://www.facebook.com/ccloudapp/vide ... 959320641/

good option to explore
Kept on getting cannot play video.. must be doing something wrong
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2013
13851 posts
4800 upvotes
Oakville
knapper wrote:
Jun 12th, 2018 8:11 am
1. Install the Plex's UnsupportedAppStore (link)
2. Goto Plugins on Plex Server (left menu, under Online Content)
3. Select the WebTools untility
4. Click the Unsupport AppStore in the under the Available Modules list
5. Search for 'IPTV' - if list is empty select the Video category with a button in the middle
6. Second in list should be called 'IPTV', install it
7. Go back to Plugins
8. Scroll over the new IPTV icon and select the configure gear
9 Add your m3u to the first field and save (e.g. 'hxxp://live.eternaltv.net:25461/get.php?username=XXXXX&password=XXXX&type=m3u_plus&output=ts' - where XXXXX is replaced with your username and XXXX is replaced with you password and hxxp is http)
10. The IPTV is accessed on one of your Plex media players under the 'Channels' menu

I just tried it with EternalTV and Vaders and both worked fine. No idea if you connect from two plex media players concurrently whether is counts as one or two connections.

That said, from what I have read on different Vader set up sites, they recommend using a Plex plugin through KODI for better performance. I can not tell you why, or compare the difference as I just get frustrated by KODI so I avoid it...
I tried one of those IPTV plugins with Vaders a few weeks ago, and found it almost entirely unusable. I'll have to give it another try if you were able to get it working ok.

From what I understand, the way it works is when you watch the channel, it just opens up the stream directly... So each plex user watching it would be considered a separate connection.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB recipient
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2004
1919 posts
160 upvotes
wearysky wrote:
Jun 12th, 2018 11:45 am
I tried one of those IPTV plugins with Vaders a few weeks ago, and found it almost entirely unusable. I'll have to give it another try if you were able to get it working ok.

From what I understand, the way it works is when you watch the channel, it just opens up the stream directly... So each plex user watching it would be considered a separate connection.
I previously used it with SmoothStreams 6-8 months ago and it was good, but ended up preferring an app to access. I just set up Vaders this morning to create the instructions (although already had the plugin installed), and I had my server (in browser) playing CNN all morning without a hiccup. It would not be my preferred way to access. I prefer any app almost (STB, vaders apk, Perfect Player), or event the Vader url. And that's coming from someone who loves Plex.
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2013
13851 posts
4800 upvotes
Oakville
knapper wrote:
Jun 12th, 2018 12:16 pm
I previously used it with SmoothStreams 6-8 months ago and it was good, but ended up preferring an app to access. I just set up Vaders this morning to create the instructions (although already had the plugin installed), and I had my server (in browser) playing CNN all morning without a hiccup. It would not be my preferred way to access. I prefer any app almost (STB, vaders apk, Perfect Player), or event the Vader url. And that's coming from someone who loves Plex.
Yeah, I gave up on Plex. I like Emby for IPTV with easy cross-device compatibility, but I already have Plex Pass, so I can't justify paying for Emby too at the moment. Maybe once I cut the cord and go full IPTV I can consider it.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB recipient
Oct 9, 2011
456 posts
168 upvotes
GTA
Anyone know a Canadian reseller for Epicstream? Seems like my reseller doesn't do Epicstream any longer.
2 x Zoomer Wireless $36 loyalty plans
4 x Freedom Mobile plans
Ask me anything about Zoomer or Freedom
Ecobee 3 Lite curtesy of Green On (ie tax payers)
Jan 5, 2017
99 posts
104 upvotes
montreal
dpw198 wrote:
Jun 12th, 2018 3:52 pm
Anyone know a Canadian reseller for Epicstream? Seems like my reseller doesn't do Epicstream any longer.
www.nowgetiptv.com

I use him and I have no problems
Dec 27, 2017
95 posts
29 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
guessguy wrote:
Jun 8th, 2018 11:25 pm
move along... this is not for you. Keep paying Robellus all you want.
So you are ok with stealing the content of others but aren't happy when a car dealer reduces the trade in value of a vehicle. OK.

You expect to be treated fairly where "fair" is a one way street. Got it.

At some point there will be a big security breach discovered in one, or probably dozens, of set top boxes or official-looking APK downloads and clueless consumers will realise their home networks have been compromised by software or firmware residing on their "free" TV boxes. It's going to happen, I guarantee it.

Then the whining will be epic.
Oct 16, 2008
1 posts
windsor
Hi guys, how can I get access to Eternal TV? Seems like they closed registration?
If it's not possible, what's another alternative that I should get?

Thanks in advance.
Dec 20, 2015
847 posts
289 upvotes
Toronto, ON
yvrmike wrote:
Jun 13th, 2018 2:53 pm
So you are ok with stealing the content of others but aren't happy when a car dealer reduces the trade in value of a vehicle. OK.

You expect to be treated fairly where "fair" is a one way street. Got it.

At some point there will be a big security breach discovered in one, or probably dozens, of set top boxes or official-looking APK downloads and clueless consumers will realise their home networks have been compromised by software or firmware residing on their "free" TV boxes. It's going to happen, I guarantee it.

Then the whining will be epic.
Dude, you got to realize something here. It's just not one individual who is upset with Robelus, it's tons of consumers. These companies want to charge an arm and a leg for their services. Imagine paying for basic cable which costs like $35, now you want to watch TSN and want some movie channels. So now you have to "ADD" packages on top. I do not know the prices of these packages but I'm assuming it's $15 or so per package? But it gets worse! For foreigners who want international channels, to add them they charge $15 per channel! So, let's hold on for a moment and think about something here. An average household income is probably $2200 (going by $15 per hour), with that money they have to pay mortgage (or rent), car insurance, life insurance, kids/household food, gas, maintenance for the car, and so forth. On top of this now Robelus wants you to pay $150+ in cable bills. Now I know what you'll probably type, "It's your choice, if you want to get cable get it or don't get those packages".

Correct, but do you think a parent would say that to their kids? NO kids you can't watch your sports or no dad/mom you can't watch your international channels, because I am going to cut cable. That's why these "Other" services exist, for people who are looking for same type of service for much much less. Because now they can afford it. You maybe rich, but I am speaking on behalf of the majority of us who believes in saving that extra dollar. Now if the big telco's decide one day, what the heck we want these consumers back, let's create an APP for Android/Apple users to get good quality IPTV for much less and give them everything for $20 monthly. Even though this will never happen, but do you think anyone would say no?

Moral of this is, stop pointing fingers at consumers, because if everything was accessibly good, why would we get these IPTV in the first place? We, consumers, are not happy!

End of discussion.
Aug 12, 2017
328 posts
55 upvotes
lamboman wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 7:00 am
Dude, you got to realize something here. It's just not one individual who is upset with Robelus, it's tons of consumers. These companies want to charge an arm and a leg for their services. Imagine paying for basic cable which costs like $35, now you want to watch TSN and want some movie channels. So now you have to "ADD" packages on top. I do not know the prices of these packages but I'm assuming it's $15 or so per package? But it gets worse! For foreigners who want international channels, to add them they charge $15 per channel! So, let's hold on for a moment and think about something here. An average household income is probably $2200 (going by $15 per hour), with that money they have to pay mortgage (or rent), car insurance, life insurance, kids/household food, gas, maintenance for the car, and so forth. On top of this now Robelus wants you to pay $150+ in cable bills. Now I know what you'll probably type, "It's your choice, if you want to get cable get it or don't get those packages".

Correct, but do you think a parent would say that to their kids? NO kids you can't watch your sports or no dad/mom you can't watch your international channels, because I am going to cut cable. That's why these "Other" services exist, for people who are looking for same type of service for much much less. Because now they can afford it. You maybe rich, but I am speaking on behalf of the majority of us who believes in saving that extra dollar. Now if the big telco's decide one day, what the heck we want these consumers back, let's create an APP for Android/Apple users to get good quality IPTV for much less and give them everything for $20 monthly. Even though this will never happen, but do you think anyone would say no?

Moral of this is, stop pointing fingers at consumers, because if everything was accessibly good, why would we get these IPTV in the first place? We, consumers, are not happy!

End of discussion.
I don’t have any tv service from Rogers or Bell and don’t feel that I have to steal using pirate IPTV service.
I am doing fine without any of them.

Rogers and other providers they don’t get the content for free. It costs them a lot of money, especially sports and movie channels like HBO.
Last edited by discostar on Jun 14th, 2018 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 20, 2015
847 posts
289 upvotes
Toronto, ON
discostar wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 8:22 am
I don’t have any tv service from Rogers or Bell and don’t feel that I have to steal using pirate IPTV service. I am doing fine without any of them.

Rogers and other providers they don’t get the content for free. It costs them a lot of money, especially sports and movie channels like HBO.
True but they tackle on so many other costs to overcome those. The least they can do is provide a cheaper costing TV service.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2004
9391 posts
949 upvotes
lamboman wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 7:00 am

End of discussion.
well done well said...
my main reason is i have been screwed by Robelus for sometimes and it's enough. screw doesnt mean just raise the price..but their services sux too. imagine the statemenet or bill..if you want the paper bill they will charge u $$$ cause they said protect environment...BUT.....u keep receiving their crap flyer everyweek...that lead me to think their reason is just excuses...IMO..i dont believe they (or any corporation) will protect environment...so with all these nonsense or garbage from Robelus...I will cut whatever services I can and try to minimize my exepsnses with them...
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Aug 4, 2003
560 posts
37 upvotes
Edmonton
All the providers have to pay a ton for sports channels.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

DaWongsta