• Last Updated:
  • Jul 19th, 2018 1:40 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2004
9540 posts
966 upvotes
rogue17 wrote:
Jul 5th, 2018 3:07 pm
Yes that what I say too. Mag is like Iphone. Buzz like Samsung, Dreamlink like LG, and Formuler like some other brand of Android phone.
what about Mi Box?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Oct 23, 2012
247 posts
109 upvotes
kiasu wrote:
Jul 5th, 2018 3:49 pm
what about Mi Box?
Does Mi box have it's own iptv app like Buzz or Dreamlink? I don't know this box.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2004
9540 posts
966 upvotes
rogue17 wrote:
Jul 5th, 2018 4:28 pm
Does Mi box have it's own iptv app like Buzz or Dreamlink? I don't know this box.
Yes and i have been using it with iptv for 1.5 yrs

Funny no one mentions mibox here

IMO it is the best box in term of functionality, features and price...is like all in one
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2004
1939 posts
164 upvotes
rogue17 wrote:
Jul 5th, 2018 4:28 pm
It can support many apps, but for IPTV a lot of people use STBEMU which emulates a Set Top Box, is MAC-based and provides the same User Interface you would see on a MAG.
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2004
1939 posts
164 upvotes
MyNameWasTaken wrote:
Jul 5th, 2018 5:51 pm
So apparently Shield is the best. However, can I use Apple TV for IPTV?
There are a couple of apps, like GSE and iPlayTV, that work. Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think there is a good Set Top Box emulator though, so you need to stick with an M3U-based IPTV service, as opposed to one that is MAC-based.
Oct 23, 2012
247 posts
109 upvotes
knapper wrote:
Jul 5th, 2018 5:12 pm
It can support many apps, but for IPTV a lot of people use STBEMU which emulates a Set Top Box, is MAC-based and provides the same User Interface you would see on a MAG.
I know that but does it have it;s own app like Buzz and Dreamlink have.

Kiasu
Yes and i have been using it with iptv for 1.5 yrs
Dreamlink has DOL and Buzz has it's own unique app. Does MiBox have it's own app.
Apr 28, 2018
37 posts
5 upvotes
rogue17 wrote:
Jul 5th, 2018 7:40 pm
I know that but does it have it;s own app like Buzz and Dreamlink have.

Kiasu

Dreamlink has DOL and Buzz has it's own unique app. Does MiBox have it's own app.
no it doesnt
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
1007 posts
356 upvotes
Toronto, ON
knapper wrote:
Jul 5th, 2018 7:35 pm
There are a couple of apps, like GSE and iPlayTV, that work. Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think there is a good Set Top Box emulator though, so you need to stick with an M3U-based IPTV service, as opposed to one that is MAC-based.
For services that use stalker based username and password activation you can use StalkerTV from App Store. It wouldn’t need any files or MAC address to activate. Only a username and password given from your provider. I know startv and Iptv express work on it.
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Oct 23, 2012
247 posts
109 upvotes
herkimerj wrote:
Jul 5th, 2018 8:39 pm
no it doesnt
Thanks herkimerj

That is what I thought so it is like a generic android box that either requires STB Emu or an apk like iptv smarters or a provider apk like OK2.

So IMO, one is better off with a Buzz box if they want to go the Android Box route.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
1007 posts
356 upvotes
Toronto, ON
herkimerj wrote:
Jul 5th, 2018 8:39 pm
no it doesnt
Correct it’s only a standalone android box which emulates Iptv through third party apps. If the developers were to release an update then some of those apps may not function properly. You can install apk given through service provider for those boxes. But to be honest, whatever you do on mibox you can do the same on buzz/formuler/dreamlink but with exception of own Iptv app dedicated to the box provided by manufacturer as mention by @rogue17

I’m not sure who makes mibox but buzztv is made by MyGica.
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Aug 31, 2017
729 posts
176 upvotes
So in noob language the Apple TV is not a good option
knapper wrote:
Jul 5th, 2018 7:35 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jun 2, 2006
5802 posts
566 upvotes
Mississauga
anybody know where you can get eternal or area51 subs? both sites look to be OOS
Jan 22, 2017
89 posts
2 upvotes
honestly it all comes down to hardware performance now.
apple tv is fine when you use the stalker tv app from ios store.

stalker tv app is available on ios and android and uses the username and password from iptv provider to authenticate vs the mac address whitelist setup.
you can install stb emu on android to get mag emulation going as well.

for simple no non sense service a true iptv box is gonna provide the simplest and quickest experience.
these are your linux based box's like the mag or tvip.

these are buzz tv, avov, ipremium, dreamlink, Global Media player box.. these are either hybrid or pure android running iptv apps.

from what i have experienced and learned. buy a box with good hardware and proper software support.
you dont want a box with no updates and good for only 1 thing then obsolete a year later due to no support or updates.
we have seen this with cheap android boxes when kodi updates and poor firmware support to android os.

from what i have seen your safest bets right now are buzz tv and apple tv. not have solid support and updates and warranty.
no need to tinker or edit any app code and they both have solid app market stores with healthy support.

buzz tv has it's own iptv app integration right in the UI. no need to install anything extra.
the apple tv however will require you to purchase and install stalker tv app which i think is 7.99

oh yeah buzz tv has 2 gb ram which is what won me over.
most iptv boxes have around 512mb ram to 1 gb.

also the buzz tv OS is the cleanest i seen so far for non apple.
we have seen the dreamlink os. it's ugly. then there is the mickyhop os for avov and ipremium boxes.

tvip, mag and global media were just plain ugly and hard to navigate and find settings. setup on these were very difficult for the new user.

MyNameWasTaken wrote:
Jul 5th, 2018 10:27 pm
So in noob language the Apple TV is not a good option

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 3 guests)

miredosl0p