• Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2018 10:33 am
Jan 5, 2017
158 posts
118 upvotes
montreal
Longobongo wrote:
Jul 5th, 2018 11:24 pm
anybody know where you can get eternal or area51 subs? both sites look to be OOS
Eternal is only thru their main site, and yes OOs most of the time. No idea about area 51
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
1311 posts
551 upvotes
Toronto, ON
fauxhebro wrote:
Jul 5th, 2018 8:35 pm
What is the best android box or other box for someone older?
Depends, how old are we talking about here? Someone old as a dad or someone old as a grandpa?
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2004
1976 posts
224 upvotes
lamboman wrote:
Jul 5th, 2018 9:41 pm

Correct it’s only a standalone android box which emulates Iptv through third party apps. If the developers were to release an update then some of those apps may not function properly. You can install apk given through service provider for those boxes. But to be honest, whatever you do on mibox you can do the same on buzz/formuler/dreamlink but with exception of own Iptv app dedicated to the box provided by manufacturer as mention by @rogue17

I’m not sure who makes mibox but buzztv is made by MyGica.
The Mibox runs official Android TV OS, same as the Nvidia Shield, as opposed to a patch of Andriod for mobile phones that generic Android boxes use. Both were just recently updated to Oreo Android TV, so are supported. The UI of Android TV is very good to use on TV, and I have never had any issues with the STBEMU app, so have little to no concerns with updates and app functionality. I would with a generic Android Box.

The MiBox is made by Xiaomi, which had about $18B in revenue in electronics sales in 2017. The Mi is a quality box, it is not a flimsy generic android box. I have also bought other Xiaomi products (IP cameras) and was similarly impressed with the quality.
rogue17 wrote:
Jul 5th, 2018 9:37 pm
Thanks herkimerj

That is what I thought so it is like a generic android box that either requires STB Emu or an apk like iptv smarters or a provider apk like OK2.

So IMO, one is better off with a Buzz box if they want to go the Android Box route.
I just don't see a real/significant difference between a manufacturer app (i.e. an app developed by Buzz for the Buzz box) and an established/mature app developed generically for Android (i.e. STBEMU), both are essentially a Set Top Box emulator. As noted above, the MiBox runs official Android TV OS, continues to be supported, and has good build quality. It is not comparable to a generic Android box. It is much more comparable to the Nvidia Shield
MyNameWasTaken wrote:
Jul 5th, 2018 10:27 pm
So in noob language the Apple TV is not a good option
I actually would not say that. The AppleTV is a snappy/responsive box with great video quality, and if you are invested in the ecosystem (i.e. phone, iTunes) it can be a good choice. The thing about Apple is they lock things down more, and for IPTV there is no app that supports MAC-based accounts (tied to the device MAC ID), so you limited to providers that support Username/Password or as I referred to it earlier M3U based accounts (Vaders is one example). So the AppleTV just limits some choices, but it works well.

Oddly the AppleTV also does not support a Spotify app, even though iPhones do.
Nov 6, 2009
630 posts
45 upvotes
Are these bestbuyiptv prices too good to be true if 1 credit = 1 month?

https://bestbuyiptv.com/reseller-iptv/
Payment 200 USD = 215 credits (5%)
Payment 500 USD = 585 credits (15%)
Payment 1000 USD = 1220 credits (20%)
Payment 2000 USD = 2550 credits (25%)
Payment 3000 USD = 4000 credits (30%)
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2004
1976 posts
224 upvotes
sonajatt wrote:
Jul 6th, 2018 7:45 am

1 credit may not equal 1 month. I know fro vader 5 credits = 1 month
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
15013 posts
5552 upvotes
Oakville
knapper wrote:
Jul 6th, 2018 7:00 am
The Mibox runs official Android TV OS, same as the Nvidia Shield, as opposed to a patch of Andriod for mobile phones that generic Android boxes use. Both were just recently updated to Oreo Android TV, so are supported. The UI of Android TV is very good to use on TV, and I have never had any issues with the STBEMU app, so have little to no concerns with updates and app functionality. I would with a generic Android Box.
Also worth noting - because the Mibox runs officially licensed Android TV, it supports proper HD quality in apps like Netflix.
sonajatt wrote:
Jul 6th, 2018 7:45 am

It says right on the page, it's not 1 credit per month:
Accounts credit costs for resellers:
Trial: Free
1 Month: 6 credits
3 Months: 15 credits
6 Months: 25 credits
12 Months: 45 credits
So if you break it up into 12 month chunks (3.75 credits per month), it's costing you about $3.50US per month.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Jan 1, 2018
104 posts
16 upvotes
Dies anyone know a site I can go on to see which servers provide multiple room connections?
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3171 posts
481 upvotes
Calgary
Vaders, eternal and kodi solutions are the only ones that allow that without charging more per connection
Nov 17, 2014
762 posts
218 upvotes
Is it generally risky to pay for one year iptv subscription (although cheaper), than monthly subscription? Do these iptv providers disappear frequently?
Nov 17, 2006
136 posts
1 upvote
Hi guys!
I am currently enjoying Vader streams for the past month...my first iptv sub and I'm very happy with it.
It hasn't gone down and works fantastically...in all honesty.

My question is: I am enjoying it...BUT....I'm not enjoying the $20/month I'm paying for it...

Can anyone direct me to a cheaper place to get Vader Streams?

Thank You in advance!!!!
Jan 1, 2017
321 posts
190 upvotes
93dx wrote:
Jul 8th, 2018 12:31 pm
Hi guys!
I am currently enjoying Vader streams for the past month...my first iptv sub and I'm very happy with it.

My question is: I am enjoying it...BUT....I'm not enjoying the $20/month I'm paying for it...

Thank You in advance!!!!
Which reseller are you using?
Jul 7, 2018
1 posts
I’ve pretty much tried every subscription out there and and eternal is the best for the money, in my opinion, but I just found another one out there. Smartdooddads is $13 and the best I’ve experienced by far. If anyone has tried it and didn’t like, I would love to here why.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2006
3053 posts
250 upvotes
Kingston
Beefeater wrote:
Jul 8th, 2018 11:53 am
Is it generally risky to pay for one year iptv subscription (although cheaper), than monthly subscription? Do these iptv providers disappear frequently?
Depends on who you go with. If you go with a newbie who has only been on the scene for a couple of days/weeks/months I would say 1000000000 % no, as you have no idea if they will be around tomorrow. They maybe here looking to make a quick buck, and then GTFO with yours and many others' money.

If you go with an established server that has been around for awhile like say Vader, then it all comes down to risk, simple as that. They have longevity on their side, but that's pretty much it. They also could shut down tomorrow as well, but not as likely as the newbie above. One thing that you need to understand about IPTV, there are no guarantees (that's the best advice I can give you)

It's a risk either way you slice it. My actual answer is this since I have had both success and I have been burned going 1 yr routes. Can you afford to potentially lose up to 1 yrs worth of money towards IPTV? Ask yourself that question and honestly answer it. If the answer is yes, go for it. If the answer is no, well guess what, you have your answer right there.
Last edited by kcorscadden on Jul 8th, 2018 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2006
3053 posts
250 upvotes
Kingston
93dx wrote:
Jul 8th, 2018 12:31 pm
Hi guys!

Thank You in advance!!!!
ProductGuy wrote:
Jul 8th, 2018 1:21 pm
Which reseller are you using?
Like ProductGuy said, who are you using, but more importantly what device are you using? If you are using a MAC address device like a MAG254/322, your current reseller has to release the MAC address before another reseller can claim it. If you are using an Android box, it doesn't matter as APK is not tied to any device.
Jan 1, 2017
321 posts
190 upvotes
kcorscadden wrote:
Jul 8th, 2018 7:13 pm
Like ProductGuy said, who are you using, but more importantly what device are you using? If you are using a MAC address device like a MAG254/322, your current reseller has to release the MAC address before another reseller can claim it. If you are using an Android box, it doesn't matter as APK is not tied to any device.
Do you recommend a specific reseller? I am looking to get IPTV as well.

Thread Information

There are currently 8 users viewing this thread. (5 members and 3 guests)

Xhumeka, lamboman, MysticDeth12, SzeMengC68051, saulin