• Last Updated:
  • Jan 21st, 2018 1:06 pm
Jan 1, 2018
10 posts
1 upvote
Does anyone know of an IPTV service that had lots of good sports channel. I purchased a 1 month sub for Express. It has great channels but constantly freezes. I also have been using crown for over a year...good usa/cad channels but could do better in the sports category.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2012
2238 posts
693 upvotes
TORONTO
Momoo1 wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 6:19 pm
Does anyone know of an IPTV service that had lots of good sports channel. I purchased a 1 month sub for Express. It has great channels but constantly freezes. I also have been using crown for over a year...good usa/cad channels but could do better in the sports category.
Read through this thread, this question was answered a dozen times
Feb 20, 2011
348 posts
52 upvotes
downtown TO
kcorscadden wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 8:47 pm
Everyone has different requirements for what they deem to be "best" IPTV. Some ppl want international channels, others want VOD, others want PPV events (UFC/WWE/etc), others want HD/FHD, etc.... What a lot of ppl fail to realize is that the MORE a server offers, the more likely it is that the server will suffer in the long run. If you offer everything + the kitchen sink, then you better have a lot of capacity to handle the load or else you are asking for trouble if/when your server "peaks". For me personally, I only care about English channels and PPV events. I don't care about HD although it would be nice to have, but I also understand that a server offering HD also has to increase their bandwidth capacity to offer it as the bitrate is higher on HD vs SD thus more resources are being consumed. Now multipy that by thousands of ppl accessing the server during peak hrs and it's obvious as to why freezing and lag occur.

The biggest issue I always see is that ppl demand so much, but want to pay so little for it. If ppl truly understood what it takes to run an IPTV server and understood how complex it really is to run, ppl would have a much better appreciation for what service they do receive. $15-20 a month is the average cost for an IPTV server and ppl expect everything for that $ amount. Perhaps as IPTV becomes more and more the norm and equipment and capacity costs become cheaper over time, it would be completely realistic to have no downtime or freezing, but at this time it just isn't realistic. The only option a server has to restrict how many ppl can subscribe at one time thus load balancing is possible.
well said and you spot on in everything...there are iptvs out there that cost more ie about $15 per month and u get everything..HD..sports tvs ppv even UHD with out buffer but costs about $170 per year but when u consider what people pay rogers for the same thing its peanuts
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
6749 posts
509 upvotes
Waterloo
Can anyone tell me the best package for Portuguese ?
Sep 5, 2016
234 posts
63 upvotes
Bella125 wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 6:15 pm
I doubt it since you don't get an M3U.
What is this M3U file? i saw in a plex server there is IPTV channel bundle

https://github.com/Cigaras/IPTV.bundle

which can run iptv through M3U file. so indirectly if i find some provider provide me M3U compatible subscription. then i can watch those channels through Plex on our multiple devices like android TV box, web browser, cell phone client etc. i am newbie for this if some body advice me in this regard. i will really appropriate for that. which IPTV subscription provider support M3U. thanks
Deal Addict
May 16, 2012
2238 posts
693 upvotes
TORONTO
sassysue wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 10:30 am
Can anyone tell me the best package for Portuguese ?
Anything someone tells you here would likely be self-advertising. If you google this question, you'll probably get your answer, especially in the Portuguese forums. :). You can also ask different providers to provide you with a Portuguese channel lineup and a 1-2 day trial then you test it for yourself.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2003
5838 posts
734 upvotes
guru2gr8 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 11:08 am
What is this M3U file? i saw in a plex server there is IPTV channel bundle

https://github.com/Cigaras/IPTV.bundle

which can run iptv through M3U file. so indirectly if i find some provider provide me M3U compatible subscription. then i can watch those channels through Plex on our multiple devices like android TV box, web browser, cell phone client etc. i am newbie for this if some body advice me in this regard. i will really appropriate for that. which IPTV subscription provider support M3U. thanks
A lot of the IPTV services also offer M3U support. In a nutshell, M3U files are text based files with all the links to the channels streams included. In regards to the Plex add on you mentioned, once you have it installed you add the .m3u file from your service provider to the Plex add on folder and then it shows the channels within Plex.
------He who dares, Rodders, he who dares------

Heatware Feedback eBay Feedback
X360 Live Gamertag: Frenzied360
Deal Addict
May 16, 2012
2238 posts
693 upvotes
TORONTO
I've only seen M3U files on providers that sell free streams.
Sep 5, 2016
234 posts
63 upvotes
Euro2012 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 11:52 am
I've only seen M3U files on providers that sell free streams.
mark_in_2k wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 11:50 am
A lot of the IPTV services also offer M3U support. In a nutshell, M3U files are text based files with all the links to the channels streams included. In regards to the Plex add on you mentioned, once you have it installed you add the .m3u file from your service provider to the Plex add on folder and then it shows the channels within Plex.
Thanks for information, then my next task is finding provider that support M3U. i will try to avoid concurrent streaming on multiple devices but it will handy one subscription for all home rather then buying individual for each TV box.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2012
2238 posts
693 upvotes
TORONTO
guru2gr8 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 12:10 pm
Thanks for information, then my next task is finding provider that support M3U. i will try to avoid concurrent streaming on multiple devices but it will handy one subscription for all home rather then buying individual for each TV box.
Why pay money for something you can get for free? Either pay money for a provider that actually gives you reliable and original content, or just find free streams on your own. Don't pay for someone to find them for you :)
Dec 2, 2017
83 posts
29 upvotes
Nerd Town
Euro2012 wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 6:26 pm
Eternal TV is all public streams that you can get for free. I can't believe that people pay 5 or 8 dollars a month for this scam.

Remember the golden rule: if something sounds too good to be true....
That seems to be the norm for many of the providers that I've seen or tried demos on in the last while.
Strong-willed & Opinionated Woman. Early adopter of technology & first generation geek.
Jul 11, 2017
160 posts
83 upvotes
Euro2012 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 12:22 pm
Why pay money for something you can get for free? Either pay money for a provider that actually gives you reliable and original content, or just find free streams on your own. Don't pay for someone to find them for you :)
Because you don't have to babysit them, these public streems go down all the time. When a channel goes down I just post a message and one of the Eternal mods fix that channel, and all 5 of my divices are working! 2 at my house, 1 at my parents, 1 at my in-laws, and 1 at my friends. You go ahead and go fix all those devices, I'll just pay the $10, thanks!
Jul 9, 2005
308 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
Momoo1 wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 6:19 pm
Try out Epicstream, they have lots of Canadian and USA channels, very stable (so far) - I bought it from ultraboxhost.com, but i think someone listed all there resellers a few posts back
Sep 5, 2016
234 posts
63 upvotes
Euro2012 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 12:22 pm
If i make my own M3U file with few live links from websites (like news etc). how frequently they change there URL. is links remain stable for some time?
Deal Addict
May 16, 2012
2238 posts
693 upvotes
TORONTO
Read my post once again, you completely missed my point lol

I was stating that going with providers that provide public links that you can find yourself is a waste of money and is directed towards the lazy and uneducated in the field of IPTV. :)

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 1 guest)

redvapor, Jhoang101