• Last Updated:
  • Oct 16th, 2018 2:04 pm
Feb 20, 2011
433 posts
67 upvotes
downtown TO
Euro2012 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 5:28 pm
Give it a rest. In your case I know you are a reseller 100% because you sent me a private message on your own asking me to try your service. Don't pretend to be a customer and take people in this forum for idiots. Not to mention that RFD will ban you for that as well.
i see lots people asking the same questions.. all looking for the best iptv outthere as they are new to it.. so can i not point them in the right directions so they dont get scammed by other iptvs out there..this forum is to help people
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2006
3031 posts
247 upvotes
Kingston
Euro2012 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 5:25 pm
True but there are usually substantial discount involved with an annual sub and some people just don't like the hassle of doing this each month. If I lost half of that $150 because something extraordinary has occurred, I wouldn't be happy but I wouldn't cry over it either. It really comes down to how much you value your time as well.
I don't disagree at all as I have bought 1 yr subs in the past and some have worked out and some have not. My statement was more of a warning to others to be careful as you never know what the future holds for this service. A server could be here today and literally be gone tomorrow (trust me I have seen this happen, though I didn't buy, others had) and then all those substantial discounts that you thought were of value suddenly become worthless. A server that doesn't have freezing/lag or any other issues today doesn't mean that it won't tomorrow either. 1 year is a very long time in this game and you have to educate yourself and do a little risk management and see if it is truly worth it. If the server stays up for the duration of that year and the service doesn't experience any issues then it's a great investment, but if it doesn't, well then that's where regret comes into play.
Penalty Box
May 16, 2012
2631 posts
766 upvotes
TORONTO
irishguy wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 7:26 pm
i see lots people asking the same questions.. all looking for the best iptv outthere as they are new to it.. so can i not point them in the right directions so they dont get scammed by other iptvs out there..this forum is to help people
If you are a reseller and you private message people without asking pitching your product, your opinion is immediately biased and should be taken with a grain of salt. If you came forward and said "I am a reseller and this is my opinion about the service I sell" that would be different (although that would immediately ban you from RFD), but you are trying to allude that you are a paying customer satisfied with a service, and that you are not.

Selling is not helping people, it is helping yourself first :)

This is what I received from you:

Recipient: Euro2012
hi wud u like free trial of an iptv service...i notice u run kodi so this great...free 2 days to try it out

This is harassment and soliciting my friend, not help.
Last edited by Euro2012 on Jan 10th, 2018 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Penalty Box
May 16, 2012
2631 posts
766 upvotes
TORONTO
kcorscadden wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 8:03 pm
I don't disagree at all as I have bought 1 yr subs in the past and some have worked out and some have not. My statement was more of a warning to others to be careful as you never know what the future holds for this service. A server could be here today and literally be gone tomorrow (trust me I have seen this happen, though I didn't buy, others had) and then all those substantial discounts that you thought were of value suddenly become worthless. A server that doesn't have freezing/lag or any other issues today doesn't mean that it won't tomorrow either. 1 year is a very long time in this game and you have to educate yourself and do a little risk management and see if it is truly worth it. If the server stays up for the duration of that year and the service doesn't experience any issues then it's a great investment, but if it doesn't, well then that's where regret comes into play.
Agreed but risk yields rewards and vice versa. One thing is certain: I would not do more than a month unless I have tested the service first and have found it reliable. After that I would probably try it for a bit longer because I don't want to deal with it every month. I actually have regular cable as well, I use IPTV mostly for the content that Bell does not provide such as many of the US and European sports channels. To me 15-20 dollars is not a lot of money, to someone else it might be therefore everyone has to do this math for themselves and figure out what is right for them
Aug 3, 2009
570 posts
42 upvotes
irishguy wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 4:43 pm
any good iptv will let u run there service on 4 to 5 devices at the same time and on up to 3 different ip address same time
lol got your PM stating you are a reseller. At least be honest here, instead of posting this crap over and over.

Why aren't you banned yet again?
Dec 2, 2017
89 posts
35 upvotes
Nerd Town
kcorscadden wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 8:03 pm
i'm learning that even "30 days" can be a long time in this game. I'm seeing so much & learning so much about this, I can honestly say there are no "perfect" IPTV solutions for everyone, but there are ones that definitely will meet individual needs. I've tried 4 so far, currently have 2 x 30 day subs on 2 different devices to test, both from different providers.

All 4 have had issues (buffering, freezing, channels not working, EPG guide issues).

I've been at this for about 6 weeks and consider myself a total noob.

Biggest lesson I've learned is patience. Another I've learned is that everyone is the "best" until you run into issues. But at between $10 - $20 a month, most providers know people are playing risk/reward game.
Strong-willed & Opinionated Woman. Early adopter of technology & first generation geek.
Jan 12, 2017
418 posts
24 upvotes
Been with IPTV since NFPS, although that was short-lived at best. Tried monthlies with a number of other services, however I've been with IPTVSubs with 2 x Mag254's for 4 months. Even now, I only buy 1 month at a time, however I've been very pleased with my present service. Outages/freezes do exist but generally don't last long. EPG is very good with the English channels, and for a discounted sub for my 2nd box. Can't ask for more than that.
Banned
Jan 9, 2018
151 posts
49 upvotes
Guys I believe IPTV is not for everyone, mainly those who don't want to pay for $$$ cable. But the benefits are not the same compared to Rogers/Bell but the monthly cost is substantially lower. Some people are so used to Bell/Rogers interface and/or the way it works. Plus with those companies everything works, just a little more on the payment side. IPTV on the other hand is a lot cheaper but offer a wide variety of channels from all over the world and tons of VOD/shows. Plus when there's lots of users on at the same time it does buffer. But you get what you paid for. I am NOT a reseller of any service, but I do own a box and have IPGUYS server. This server, to me, is very similar to the big companies in terms of channel variety, and honestly during the 2 years of using this service, I had no issues with it.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2007
3830 posts
633 upvotes
deepanMedia wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 7:59 am
Guys I believe IPTV is not for everyone, mainly those who don't want to pay for $$$ cable. But the benefits are not the same compared to Rogers/Bell but the monthly cost is substantially lower. Some people are so used to Bell/Rogers interface and/or the way it works. Plus with those companies everything works, just a little more on the payment side. IPTV on the other hand is a lot cheaper but offer a wide variety of channels from all over the world and tons of VOD/shows. Plus when there's lots of users on at the same time it does buffer. But you get what you paid for. I am NOT a reseller of any service, but I do own a box and have IPGUYS server. This server, to me, is very similar to the big companies in terms of channel variety, and honestly during the 2 years of using this service, I had no issues with it.
I completely agree. I've been only into IPTV for a couple of months, but loving it. IPTV should not be considered a replacement for regular cable TV, but merely a supplement for most people. For me, it can be a replacement, but for my wife it's a good enough replacement as she only really watches 3 channels. A proper STB does enhance the IPTV experience IMHO and if you're trying to replace cable a STB such as the Mags, Dreamlinks and BuzzTV's should be highly considered. Myself, I started with STBemu, but then purchased an XPL3000 and a T2 from amazon. I will be returning one before the return period is up and will be using it on my main TV. My secondary TV I'll just use STBemu with my Mibox.
Banned
Jan 9, 2018
151 posts
49 upvotes
Aggy wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 9:35 am
I completely agree. I've been only into IPTV for a couple of months, but loving it. IPTV should not be considered a replacement for regular cable TV, but merely a supplement for most people. For me, it can be a replacement, but for my wife it's a good enough replacement as she only really watches 3 channels. A proper STB does enhance the IPTV experience IMHO and if you're trying to replace cable a STB such as the Mags, Dreamlinks and BuzzTV's should be highly considered. Myself, I started with STBemu, but then purchased an XPL3000 and a T2 from amazon. I will be returning one before the return period is up and will be using it on my main TV. My secondary TV I'll just use STBemu with my Mibox.
Great info, and how are those Buzz TV boxes? I've seen them circulating through stores a lot. I have a MAG box at home because it's simpler to use for my parents since they are not tech savvy. But now I am considering to get another box for my room, but not sure what to dwell on.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
19433 posts
7826 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Just tried out epic via Kodi simple client.

Love it. Better than Vader.
deleted to keep the site family friendly. Was about copping sick fadez.
Well there's no sick fadez left to be copped now that the regimen cannot be admired in all its glory
RIP sick fadez.
Feb 20, 2011
433 posts
67 upvotes
downtown TO
a little off topic but i was thinking about getting a proper stb, i currently use the amazon fire tv which is great but would like change it as it the first gen..any good stb i should look into
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2006
3031 posts
247 upvotes
Kingston
irishguy wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 7:44 pm
a little off topic but i was thinking about getting a proper stb, i currently use the amazon fire tv which is great but would like change it as it the first gen..any good stb i should look into
The only proper STB is the MAG254 which is an IPTV only box. Everything else is Android based, therefore it is a media center with add on apps.
Feb 20, 2011
433 posts
67 upvotes
downtown TO
kcorscadden wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 7:56 pm
The only proper STB is the MAG254 which is an IPTV only box. Everything else is Android based, therefore it is a media center with add on apps.
thanks kcorscadden..1 quick question can i install apps on these or no thank you
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2006
3031 posts
247 upvotes
Kingston
irishguy wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 8:04 pm
thanks kcorscadden..1 quick question can i install apps on these or no thank you
If you are asking about the MAG line from Informir, then no you can not as they are IPTV boxes only..... They don't do anything else other than play IPTV subscriptions, but their interface is literally flawless with no glitching, etc..... If you want to be able to install apps, only Android boxes allow you to do that, and really it comes down to what your budget is. The Nvidia Shield is probably the best Android box on the market but it is also big $$$$

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 1 guest)

lamboman, chrischris84