• Last Updated:
  • Apr 25th, 2018 10:54 pm
Tags:
Feb 20, 2011
394 posts
60 upvotes
downtown TO
aw ok thanks for the tip..i like the fire tv but it old now and i like to run android apps...shield it is..just a pity it doesnt have optic out
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2006
2979 posts
231 upvotes
Kingston
irishguy wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 8:21 pm
aw ok thanks for the tip..i like the fire tv but it old now and i like to run android apps...shield it is..just a pity it doesnt have optic out
I love my MAG254, though it is also old and out of date by technology standards but still works fine. Even though I am 37 yrs old, I am old school when it comes to technology and have the belief that simple is always better. I don't mind these Android boxes but to watch IPTV, you have download various app players and such that may or may not be stable. Not to mention whatever else you install on it can cause memory issues if the device doesn't have a lot of RAM to begin with. For me personally, I would never use the other features of an Android box and thus MAG suits my needs perfectly.

What else do you use on the fire tv that you must have?
Nov 15, 2009
230 posts
25 upvotes
nasa25 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 4:07 pm
Just tried out epic via Kodi simple client.

Love it. Better than Vader.
I am just starting out. Curious, what epic did you use epic tv or epicstream. I have Kodi 17.3 on Raspberry pi 3 Linux based Openelec. Is it better to go with Librelec? Do I need Kodi 17.6?

How is the EPG on Epic?

I have little bit of fear of giving out mastercard number to iptv service. Is it safe, even though it for 1 Month period?

Keep us posted on how it going with IPTV service on Kodi TV.
Feb 20, 2011
394 posts
60 upvotes
downtown TO
i have covenant app for movies which i love
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2006
2979 posts
231 upvotes
Kingston
MasterMK wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 8:30 pm
I have little bit of fear of giving out mastercard number to iptv service. Is it safe, even though it for 1 Month period?
Not to hijack here, but you can always buy a Vanilla Prepaid Mastercard from like Shoppers Drug Mart and that will protect your identity. Just make sure that when you buy it, you pay cash so there is no paper trail
Nov 15, 2009
230 posts
25 upvotes
kcorscadden wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 8:38 pm
Not to hijack here, but you can always buy a Vanilla Prepaid Mastercard from like Shoppers Drug Mart and that will protect your identity. Just make sure that when you buy it, you pay cash so there is no paper trail
That's a great idea. I am lagging behind in this technology world. Thanks!
Aug 3, 2009
548 posts
39 upvotes
MasterMK wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 8:30 pm
I am just starting out. Curious, what epic did you use epic tv or epicstream. I have Kodi 17.3 on Raspberry pi 3 Linux based Openelec. Is it better to go with Librelec? Do I need Kodi 17.6?

How is the EPG on Epic?

Keep us posted on how it going with IPTV service on Kodi TV.
Epicstream is the correct one, Epic IPTV is fake and at last trial check didnt have 90% of the channels working

Google "Epicstream" and the first few pages are the right one. All the trusted resellers are listed on reddit as well.
Aug 3, 2009
548 posts
39 upvotes
deepanMedia wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 9:40 am
Great info, and how are those Buzz TV boxes? I've seen them circulating through stores a lot. I have a MAG box at home because it's simpler to use for my parents since they are not tech savvy. But now I am considering to get another box for my room, but not sure what to dwell on.
Personally I love my BuzzTV XPL3000, but lots of people right now are talking about the new Formuler box. I haven't tried it, but people seem to recommend it on reddit
Aug 3, 2009
548 posts
39 upvotes
MasterMK wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 8:57 pm
That's a great idea. I am lagging behind in this technology world. Thanks!
Maybe try Bitcoin? Bunch of providers seem to accept it now days
Nov 15, 2009
230 posts
25 upvotes
cyphr wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 9:56 pm
Maybe try Bitcoin? Bunch of providers seem to accept it now days
I thought Bitcoin was in trouble. Maybe going out of business or so. Does Vanilla prepaid mastercard work like regular bank mastercard. (meaning no troube accessing iptv service)

New to this, does Epicstream work with Kodi 17.3 and with OpenElec (Linux based system) (RPi3)? I was playing with PVR Client and simple client and got it to work putting in url for m3u list. (free iptv found on net. most of the channel useless with 3 or 4 good channels)
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2006
2979 posts
231 upvotes
Kingston
MasterMK wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 10:36 pm
I thought Bitcoin was in trouble. Maybe going out of business or so. Does Vanilla prepaid mastercard work like regular bank mastercard. (meaning no troube accessing iptv service)
Vanilla acts exactly like a normal credit card, just keep in mind that there is a service fee depending on the type of card you get. The seller/reseller has no idea whether you used a prepaid or regular credit card. As for Bitcoin, never been a real fan of it, but that is just me.
Nov 15, 2009
230 posts
25 upvotes
kcorscadden wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 10:49 pm
Vanilla acts exactly like a normal credit card, just keep in mind that there is a service fee depending on the type of card you get. The seller/reseller has no idea whether you used a prepaid or regular credit card. As for Bitcoin, never been a real fan of it, but that is just me.
If I do decide to purchase Vanilla Prepaid MasterCard, it would either be $25 or $50 just to get started. The service fee you are referring to, is it Vanilla prepaid mastercard fee or iptv service fee or SDM charge extra on $25 or $50 card or is it each transaction fee. How much would service fee be if it was $15 or $20 iptv service for a month. I find this quite interesting.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2006
2979 posts
231 upvotes
Kingston
MasterMK wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 11:42 pm
If I do decide to purchase Vanilla Prepaid MasterCard, it would either be $25 or $50 just to get started. The service fee you are referring to, is it Vanilla prepaid mastercard fee or iptv service fee or SDM charge extra on $25 or $50 card or is it each transaction fee. How much would service fee be if it was $15 or $20 iptv service for a month. I find this quite interesting.
It's basically a one time activation fee.... Depending on the amount on the card that you get dictates how much the fee is. The higher the amount, the higher the fee. Do your research on what each prepaid card offers and such and decide from there. I have always used the Vanilla from SDM, but that is just me
Aug 3, 2009
548 posts
39 upvotes
MasterMK wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 10:36 pm

New to this, does Epicstream work with Kodi 17.3 and with OpenElec (Linux based system) (RPi3)? I was playing with PVR Client and simple client and got it to work putting in url for m3u list. (free iptv found on net. most of the channel useless with 3 or 4 good channels)
Sorry I don't know for sure if it works or not on OpenElec, I am sure it does though. Epicstream has guides online for Kodi + PVR Simple Client, I would think its no different?
I recommend contacting the support or Epicstream community for this specific question
Banned
Jan 9, 2018
151 posts
47 upvotes
cyphr wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 9:48 pm
Personally I love my BuzzTV XPL3000, but lots of people right now are talking about the new Formuler box. I haven't tried it, but people seem to recommend it on reddit
But looking at the website of this formuler box it looks very similar to a box that I had called Dreamlink T1? People are telling me that the Buzz TV box is super fast for iptv? Is that true? I honestly don't have any lags with IPGUYS Iptv but how is the performance with Buzz TV?

Thread Information

There are currently 6 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 5 guests)

RohitRa