• Last Updated:
  • Dec 10th, 2018 6:29 pm
Deal Addict
May 5, 2007
4233 posts
850 upvotes
zaphod_99 wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2018 10:08 am
Am I reading this right? The Buzz Tv box, combined with a certain subset of subs that have catchup, is the only combination that works for the usage scenario described above?
I've got it to work on tvzon, voodoo, star and cod as well.
BigBrother0 wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2018 11:06 am
This feature is also on STB emulator, and should also work on mag boxes to my knowledge. The box will go into timeshift mode if you know what I am talking about.
Can you confirm? If not, please try it. See if it will rewind as in the scenario I've posted and let us know.
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
14015 posts
6427 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
bylo wrote:
Nov 30th, 2018 1:09 pm
@aasoror has recommended Ilebygo MX3 Pro Backlight Air Remote Mouse,Android TV Remote Control,IR Learning Fly Air Remote Mouse for Android TV Box.HTPC.IPTV.Pad.PS3/PS4. (mx3 Backlight) from amazon.ca for $18.88 taxes included.

This has one significant feature that your air mouse and the one from @Murdamonk both lack--a backlit keyboard. This is particularly important in a dimly lit room such as an AV room. I have an MX3 like @Murdamonk's. I find it hard enough to read in a well lit room let alone one that's dimly lit. Some of those tiny blue ALT characters next to impossible to read without a magnifying glass.

Also the IR learning feature isn't common across air meeses.
My Ilebygo MX3 Pro Backlight Air Remote Mouse arrived this morning. In general it seems well constructed and works well. It's a definite upgrade to the NVIDIA Shield remote with touch-sensitive volume slider.

However...

While the backlighting works well, it doesn't illuminate "those tiny blue ALT characters [that are] next to impossible to read without a magnifying glass." That's a real issue when typing a URL since ":" and "." characters are particularly hard to see without lighting. Still a damn good deal for $18.
veni, vidi, Visa [!Brim]
Oct 23, 2012
330 posts
229 upvotes
zaphod_99 wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2018 10:08 am
Am I reading this right? The Buzz Tv box, combined with a certain subset of subs that have catchup, is the only combination that works for the usage scenario described above?
You can do that with Mags too. I have one and the Best server for this feature(Rewinding) Is Express. :) I do it all the time. Sometimes I turn to channel and whether I missed 1 minute or an hour I can rewind it. :)

Some servers like Aggy says even though they have catch-up wont allow you to rewind right away. It will say file missing or something like that. Voodoo is like that.

IPGuys allows you to rewind right away too.
Last edited by rogue17 on Dec 3rd, 2018 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 23, 2012
330 posts
229 upvotes
lamboman wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2018 11:35 am
hmmm haven't tried it on a MAG or STB Emu APP, it's worth a shot as many people I know have these boxes. Thanks for the tip!
Yes I believe it does work on STB Emu.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2007
4233 posts
850 upvotes
rogue17 wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2018 3:18 pm
You can do that with Mags too. I have one and the Best server for this feature(Rewinding) Is Express. :) I do it all the time. Sometimes I turn to channel and whether I missed 1 minute or an hour I can rewind it. :)

Some servers like Aggy says even though they have catch-up wont allow you to rewind right away. It will say file missing or something like that. Voodoo is like that.

IPGuys allows you to rewind right away too.
You're right...it's not voodoo you can rewind with but it's the voodoo clone that I used.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2004
2860 posts
25 upvotes
Waterloo
What's the difference between the BuzzTv Basic and the regular? I don't need it for Android apps, just watching IPTV.
:arrow: :arrowl:
Deal Addict
May 5, 2007
4233 posts
850 upvotes
jaigandhi5 wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2018 3:32 pm
What's the difference between the BuzzTv Basic and the regular? I don't need it for Android apps, just watching IPTV.
1 gig vs 2 gig. panda (basic) is white, regular is black.
Jun 9, 2012
110 posts
35 upvotes
Vancouver
Aggy wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2018 12:53 pm

Can you confirm? If not, please try it. See if it will rewind as in the scenario I've posted and let us know.
I checked and yes, if you are watching a live channel, some channels allow immediate rewind if you missed part of the beginning of a program. You can also fast forward after having rewinded (typically regular tv providers do not allow this feature). I have also tested this on one of the m3u providers I have and it works just like STB emulator. Although I don't have a dedicated mag box, it should work for mag boxes as well. These playback features all depend on the provider (hrsjiptv are one of those providers that don't have any of these features + uses upload bandwidth which is bad for mobile data users).
Jan 14, 2007
958 posts
86 upvotes
hotsnacks wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2018 10:31 pm
And if there's a reputable place you know to buy it, let me know!
Amazon?
Jul 4, 2015
73 posts
12 upvotes
ON
Kanus wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 12:31 am
Amazon?
That is the link I posted, but I know with some products people have had issues with fake sellers on there. Just wasn't sure if any RFDer had a place they've personally used and had success with?
Deal Addict
May 5, 2007
4233 posts
850 upvotes
hotsnacks wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 12:49 am
That is the link I posted, but I know with some products people have had issues with fake sellers on there. Just wasn't sure if any RFDer had a place they've personally used and had success with?
Why what's wrong with the internal wifi of the z7+?

Just buy from Amazon and return it if it doesn't work.

If you're looking for some local shop let us know what city you're in.
Jul 4, 2015
73 posts
12 upvotes
ON
Aggy wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 6:57 am
Why what's wrong with the internal wifi of the z7+?

Just buy from Amazon and return it if it doesn't work.

If you're looking for some local shop let us know what city you're in.
I'm in Toronto, waiting for you to reply back to my PM :p
Sep 17, 2002
827 posts
192 upvotes
themurph po[u wrote:st_id=30204786 time=1543696067 user_id=604260]
...I was informed by someone and the reason i posted that he uses the same Stalker service on 2 devices by using STB EMU and manually changing the mac address to the same address as the mag box. If you CANNOT do this in STB EMU then i stand corrected![/u]
u'll need alot more than just MAC to use a mag box info on stbemu

it's easy to mimic stbemu to another stbemu as all the info is there but a lot more difficult to get required info from mag box, not impossible though

some providers are really picky too as they can lock you out if they notice "differences" in connections
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
1384 posts
596 upvotes
Toronto, ON
hotsnacks wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2018 10:31 pm
For people using the Formuler Z7+ and can't run ethernet to it, has anybody has success using this USB antenna, or one like it? https://www.amazon.ca/Dreamlink-Dongle- ... B07F1CSX5N

And if there's a reputable place you know to buy it, let me know!
Why don't you try using Powerline AV adapters? It will be approx the same price and there's some on great price in Amazon with Prime.
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)