• Dec 13th, 2018 8:48 am
Deal Addict
May 5, 2007
4241 posts
855 upvotes
hotsnacks wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 8:30 am
I'm in Toronto, waiting for you to reply back to my PM :p
So you don't have a box, but you're asking about antenna? It has internal wifi.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
1400 posts
605 upvotes
Toronto, ON
iwells wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 8:38 am
u'll need alot more than just MAC to use a mag box info on stbemu

it's easy to mimic stbemu to another stbemu as all the info is there but a lot more difficult to get required info from mag box, not impossible though

some providers are really picky too as they can lock you out if they notice "differences" in connections
The servers authenticate's the account via MAC address only, so it is not specific to any boxes. I've changed a MAC address for a person 3 times because they went from AVOV to MAG to Buzz TV. You can run same MAC assigned service on 10 different boxes, but you need to clone the same MAC address on all boxes and not all boxes can be on at the same time. Obviously, MAG boxes have a fixed MAC address so you can not clone another MAG to MAG. But with STB emu you can take one MAG boxes MAC address and clone it to other STB Emu boxes, but if you were to use the boxes at the same time you will eventually get banned.

And STB Emu is just an emulator to MAG Stalker interface, so you don't need any other info just the MAC address to use that app like your MAG box.
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Sep 17, 2002
827 posts
192 upvotes
I guess it works with some providers - the 3 that we use needed more than MAC, especially if I wanted to use a MAC address from a MAG onto STBemu.

Even, STBemu to STBemu, it needed some additional info when i initially setup with MAC

So your mileage may vary

lamboman wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 11:09 am
The servers authenticate's the account via MAC address only, so it is not specific to any boxes. I've changed a MAC address for a person 3 times because they went from AVOV to MAG to Buzz TV. You can run same MAC assigned service on 10 different boxes, but you need to clone the same MAC address on all boxes and not all boxes can be on at the same time. Obviously, MAG boxes have a fixed MAC address so you can not clone another MAG to MAG. But with STB emu you can take one MAG boxes MAC address and clone it to other STB Emu boxes, but if you were to use the boxes at the same time you will eventually get banned.

And STB Emu is just an emulator to MAG Stalker interface, so you don't need any other info just the MAC address to use that app like your MAG box.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2005
3519 posts
197 upvotes
Thornhill
OK2 vs Vodo vs Express. Really primarily want this to watch NBA games, don't really care for international channels but if they are there its a bonus.

Currently testing Kodi Solutions and Crown IPTV. Crown is crap, Kodi Solutions is ok in terms of quality but sports channels are not stable.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2007
4241 posts
855 upvotes
lamboman wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 11:09 am

iwells wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 12:29 pm
I guess it works with some providers - the 3 that we use needed more than MAC, especially if I wanted to use a MAC address from a MAG onto STBemu.

Even, STBemu to STBemu, it needed some additional info when i initially setup with MAC

So your mileage may vary
Not sure if this what you guys are talking about... @lamboman is right about changing macs as it's not a problem on the panels I have. I think crown is a bit picky when it comes to that.

Maybe this is more along the lines of your discussion....I haven't played around with stbemu for about a year, but with express specifically you couldn't clone the mac of a buzz on another box using stbemu and hope to use both boxes (not at same time). Let's say the buzz connects to the express server first, the mac and serial gets locked to the panel. If I tried to spoof the mac of the buzz with stbemu on another box and try to use that box I wasn't able to connect to the server. If I tried to spoof the serial and MAC it also didn't work. Now going the other way around was ok - stbemu/box to buzz. But then going back to the stbemu/box it woudn't connect. Basically, with express, the serial and mac get locked to that panel. Using the sub on too many IP's also locked me out but that's another thing altogether.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
1400 posts
605 upvotes
Toronto, ON
mau108 wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 2:14 pm
OK2 vs Vodo vs Express. Really primarily want this to watch NBA games, don't really care for international channels but if they are there its a bonus.

Currently testing Kodi Solutions and Crown IPTV. Crown is crap, Kodi Solutions is ok in terms of quality but sports channels are not stable.
I would go with OK2 as it was good for Raptors game for me, while on Express Sportsnet One did not work at all.

@Aggy I've just tried the OK2 APK on Buzz TV box and it was pretty basic. PM me on how to use IPTV Smarters App :P

And I've used OK2 APK on both my Huawei phone and Buzz box with same Username/Password (obviously not at the same time) but it works! So basically when I'm out and about, I can watch TV on my phone (let's say stuck in mid-day traffic!) and then when I get home I just watch it on my Buzz box. Love this feature, and no need to change anything on the panel side! Sweet!
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Deal Addict
May 5, 2007
4241 posts
855 upvotes
lamboman wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 2:33 pm
I would go with OK2 as it was good for Raptors game for me, while on Express Sportsnet One did not work at all.

@Aggy I've just tried the OK2 APK on Buzz TV box and it was pretty basic. PM me on how to use IPTV Smarters App :P

And I've used OK2 APK on both my Huawei phone and Buzz box with same Username/Password (obviously not at the same time) but it works! So basically when I'm out and about, I can watch TV on my phone (let's say stuck in mid-day traffic!) and then when I get home I just watch it on my Buzz box. Love this feature, and no need to change anything on the panel side! Sweet!
IPTV smarters app is the ok2 apk. The ok2 apk is just the branded smarters app with the portal baked in so all you need is username and password. Try iptv smarters pro which looks a little different. Or perfect player or prog tv.

Weird, I tried express last night for the raps as well as tvzon, crown, cod vodo and ok2 albeit all at different times. No problems on either sub.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
16745 posts
5271 upvotes
Toronto
Aggy wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 2:39 pm
IPTV smarters app is the ok2 apk. The ok2 apk is just the branded smarters app with the portal baked in so all you need is username and password. Try iptv smarters pro which looks a little different. Or perfect player or prog tv.

Weird, I tried express last night for the raps as well as tvzon, crown, cod vodo and ok2 albeit all at different times. No problems on either sub.
The pro version is an in app purchase. Once purchased and certain additional functionality enabled, can that carry over for use in another device if I extract the app from the /data/app partition? I would imagine the play services account will determine whether to unlock the pro features in the app. I don't have any google account in my Buzz TV app. Buying the pro features is probably useless.
Koodo $35/5GB and $40/6GB
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo $120/12GB/90 days
Fido $0/3GB
Rogers $25 500U home internet
Tangerine Bank
Nov 26, 2004
83 posts
12 upvotes
North York
Aggy wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 2:39 pm
IPTV smarters app is the ok2 apk. ...
For me ok2 apk looks like a version of Perfect Player.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2007
4241 posts
855 upvotes
msdan wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 6:25 pm
For me ok2 apk looks like a version of Perfect Player.
Ok2 has a few apps. One is perfect player. One is ok2. Both are preloaded versions with the url embedded.
Feb 4, 2017
476 posts
292 upvotes
Toronto
lamboman wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 2:33 pm
You can do this on any service. I have STBEmu installed on my mibox and my Pixel. Just make sure both of them are using the same MAC. When I am not home, I can watch IPTV on my phone.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
2764 posts
304 upvotes
Niagara Falls, ON
Looking to switch from Cogeco to Carrytell. Anyone using iptv through there service? I'm assuming it's the same as they are just a reseller.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2007
4241 posts
855 upvotes
CheapMang wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 8:11 pm
You can do this on any service. I have STBEmu installed on my mibox and my Pixel. Just make sure both of them are using the same MAC. When I am not home, I can watch IPTV on my phone.
You know you're talking to one of the experts in this thread right? He knows about the ability to use stbemu on any device I'm sure....what we're talking about is ok2 m3u sub which some people maybe didn't know about and the ability to use on different devices.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
16745 posts
5271 upvotes
Toronto
hyperactiveme wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 8:15 pm
Looking to switch from Cogeco to Carrytell. Anyone using iptv through there service? I'm assuming it's the same as they are just a reseller.
You might want to look through this thread.

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/iptv-ca ... l-2231627/
Fido $0/3GB
Tangerine Bank
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
16745 posts
5271 upvotes
Toronto
mau108 wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 2:14 pm

I have been comparing ok2 and express side by side on a number of channels in the past week or so. Express seems to have a much better PQ on the sports channels. It seems like this comes at the expense of reliability. Take your pick on what is more important.
Fido $0/3GB
Tangerine Bank

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)