• Last Updated:
  • Dec 10th, 2018 6:29 pm
Oct 23, 2012
330 posts
229 upvotes
Aggy wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 2:39 pm
IPTV smarters app is the ok2 apk. The ok2 apk is just the branded smarters app with the portal baked in so all you need is username and password. Try iptv smarters pro which looks a little different. Or perfect player or prog tv.

Weird, I tried express last night for the raps as well as tvzon, crown, cod vodo and ok2 albeit all at different times. No problems on either sub.
Because all those servers are 1 sub for 1 device. Maybe there's something there ;) Here I was thinking you were an etrernal guy. :D
Mar 12, 2008
568 posts
95 upvotes
Windsor
hyperactiveme wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 8:15 pm
Looking to switch from Cogeco to Carrytell. Anyone using iptv through there service? I'm assuming it's the same as they are just a reseller.
I have been using Carrytel for the past 6/7 months now and had trouble with IPTV immediately I joined Carrytel. Then I started using VPN before watching IPTV and that fixed the issue but it was annoying to start VPN before watching so I called Carrytel and their Tech support was very helpfull and efficient. They took my my complaint seriously and within a week all was resolved and since then no freezing at all and working like a charm. I started a thread myself and I updated it when my issue was resolved. So I think you should not have any issues if you switch to Carrytel but again it depends on your location too.
May 22, 2014
128 posts
69 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
does anyone know why IPTV smarters doesn't alow me to browse EPG while watching? stream always cuts off when I press the back button to go back to the EPG. wondering if this is related to the app or to the provider

thx
Deal Addict
May 5, 2007
4233 posts
850 upvotes
davidqbp wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 10:36 pm
does anyone know why IPTV smarters doesn't alow me to browse EPG while watching? stream always cuts off when I press the back button to go back to the EPG. wondering if this is related to the app or to the provider

thx
Second time you've asked this so I doubt anyone can answer you. It's an app related issue...which is a free app. A proper IPTV box allows you to do what you're asking.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
1384 posts
596 upvotes
Toronto, ON
w11x22 wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 10:16 pm
I have been using Carrytel for the past 6/7 months now and had trouble with IPTV immediately I joined Carrytel. Then I started using VPN before watching IPTV and that fixed the issue but it was annoying to start VPN before watching so I called Carrytel and their Tech support was very helpfull and efficient. They took my my complaint seriously and within a week all was resolved and since then no freezing at all and working like a charm. I started a thread myself and I updated it when my issue was resolved. So I think you should not have any issues if you switch to Carrytel but again it depends on your location too.
So what exactly did they fix? Were you being throttled? And what did you mention to them when you were explaining your situation? So now I'm guessing your IPTV connection is not buffering at all?
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
1384 posts
596 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Aggy wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 9:00 pm
You know you're talking to one of the experts in this thread right? He knows about the ability to use stbemu on any device I'm sure....what we're talking about is ok2 m3u sub which some people maybe didn't know about and the ability to use on different devices.
Thanks for the back up dude! Much appreciated because this feels like we're all a happy RFD family!
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Mar 12, 2008
568 posts
95 upvotes
Windsor
lamboman wrote:
Dec 5th, 2018 7:43 am
So what exactly did they fix? Were you being throttled? And what did you mention to them when you were explaining your situation? So now I'm guessing your IPTV connection is not buffering at all?
What they fixed IDK..... But on my thread on RFD Webslinger replied to my thread and mentioned that this has something to do with Routing on their end and may be they fixed the routing issue, who knows
No, I was not being throttled as when my IPTV was freezing I did speed tests and they were all in the range of my subscribed speed so no issue there
What I mentioned when I had the issue...I explained them that my IPTV freezing on their Internet but not on my other internet (Cogeco). I have 2 internet one my own and one from my work....
And, no, it is NOT buffering at all :) except on few occasions which is normal but it is almost flawless now :)
Deal Addict
May 5, 2007
4233 posts
850 upvotes
lamboman wrote:
Dec 5th, 2018 7:43 am
I've had carrytel since August 2017. No problems. Then in July 2018 or so I had major buffering. After checking modem poweer levels they were extremely out of range. I called carrytel who sent a rep out that week and they installed a booster. Since that time carrytel has been flawless with iptv.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
2756 posts
302 upvotes
Niagara Falls, ON
Aggy wrote:
Dec 5th, 2018 8:35 am
I've had carrytel since August 2017, in July 2018 or so I had major buffering. After that time carrytel has been flawless with iptv.
How are your speeds vs advertised? I just put my order in.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2007
4233 posts
850 upvotes
hyperactiveme wrote:
Dec 5th, 2018 9:36 am
How are your speeds vs advertised? I just put my order in.
Full.
Oct 23, 2012
330 posts
229 upvotes
Aggy wrote:
Dec 5th, 2018 8:35 am
I've had carrytel since August 2017. No problems. Then in July 2018 or so I had major buffering. After checking modem poweer levels they were extremely out of range. I called carrytel who sent a rep out that week and they installed a booster. Since that time carrytel has been flawless with iptv.
The major buffering was it on all providers?

Funny you should say that you got major buffering not too long ago after being with Carrytel for awhile now.

I was on Ebox and gf on another TPIA. IPGuys,Express,OK2,Star and a cheapie server. Never had an issue with any server. But recently around July started getting major buffering at nights and weekends on the cheapie server. Was totally unwatchable. I now know that this also happens on teksavvy on DSL as well. Speeds are as advertised when doing speedtests. But buffers like crazy at certain times so TPIAS are doing traffic management that affects smaller servers. Perhaps because of where they are located. Anyways, dumping the cheapie server as well as another as I don't even watch all that much TV. I guess the addiction is just having and comparing different servers and not being a TV addict per se. :D
Deal Addict
May 5, 2007
4233 posts
850 upvotes
rogue17 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2018 6:00 pm
The major buffering was it on all providers?

Funny you should say that you got major buffering not too long ago after being with Carrytel for awhile now.

I was on Ebox and gf on another TPIA. IPGuys,Express,OK2,Star and a cheapie server. Never had an issue with any server. But recently around July started getting major buffering at nights and weekends on the cheapie server. Was totally unwatchable. I now know that this also happens on teksavvy on DSL as well. Speeds are as advertised when doing speedtests. But buffers like crazy at certain times so TPIAS are doing traffic management that affects smaller servers. Perhaps because of where they are located. Anyways, dumping the cheapie server as well as another as I don't even watch all that much TV. I guess the addiction is just having and comparing different servers and not being a TV addict per se. :D
Back when I had buffering I only had express and crown. Terrarium was unusable even though I had real debrid account. Once the booster was installed it's been smooth sailing touch wood.
Sep 14, 2006
59 posts
1 upvote
Which IPTV providers offer m3u subscriptions? I know OK2 does, but who else?
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
3407 posts
133 upvotes
Aggy wrote:
Dec 5th, 2018 7:13 pm
Back when I had buffering I only had express and crown. Terrarium was unusable even though I had real debrid account. Once the booster was installed it's been smooth sailing touch wood.
Speaking of Terrarium, has there been a comparable apk since it went down?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

liquidbard