• Dec 16th, 2018 5:36 pm
Banned
Mar 4, 2018
17 posts
4 upvotes
Windsor Ontario
kcorscadden wrote:
Mar 11th, 2018 8:03 pm
The problem with asking "Who's the best" is that the answer changes every day or week. If the consensus is that such and such server is the "best" then everyone jumps on that server, bogs it down causing it too freeze and then ppl start to complain and ask how this is the best? The fastest way to kill a good server is by overpopulating it. A server only has so much bandwidth to serve its customers and if that bandwidth is to serve say 1000 customers but then you have 3500 customers, obviously more bandwidth needs to be added or you need to boot 2500 customers off the server which would never happen as more customers = more $$$.
The better services are aware of this and upgrade servers when need be. They're not all greedy. Just the worst ones.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
3304 posts
869 upvotes
Parry Sound
RonJ039735 wrote:
Mar 11th, 2018 8:10 pm
The better services are aware of this and upgrade servers when need be. They're not all greedy. Just the worst ones.
On top of that they wouldn't oversell either.
This message has been approved by the Office of the Mayor of Toronto.
May 1, 2011
899 posts
286 upvotes
Near GTA
Ultraboxhost is adding to their servers right now. Have been happy so far 2 weeks in with them. Very little buffering or lag. A little on the higher side at $15 for 1 device, but worth it IMO...just need a cheaper backup now. I travel a lot so wonder if it makes sense to go with euro providers...?
Penalty Box
Nov 21, 2009
2064 posts
514 upvotes
Guys can anyone recommend a service that just straight up allows the use of kodi on PC..

Paid or free, whatever works...

I'm looking to just watch some UK tv rather than CDN or US... I don't need sports I already have SmoothStreams...

Hoping for some suggestions, thanks
Jan 5, 2017
159 posts
118 upvotes
montreal
chrischris84 wrote:
Mar 11th, 2018 8:35 pm
Ultraboxhost is adding to their servers right now. Have been happy so far 2 weeks in with them. Very little buffering or lag. A little on the higher side at $15 for 1 device, but worth it IMO...just need a cheaper backup now. I travel a lot so wonder if it makes sense to go with euro providers...?
I agree. Ultrabox (i.e. epicstreams) has been great for me for the last months or so. Using my RaspberyPi3 + Kodi and it's been mostly great. Nothing is 100% great, but it's up time is 99% and never had significant issues. A ton of 1080p channels as well
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
1602 posts
272 upvotes
Calgary
seanns32 wrote:
Mar 12th, 2018 7:40 am
I agree. Ultrabox (i.e. epicstreams) has been great for me for the last months or so. Using my RaspberyPi3 + Kodi and it's been mostly great. Nothing is 100% great, but it's up time is 99% and never had significant issues. A ton of 1080p channels as well
I'll chime in as well.
Been using them for the last 6 months and they have been solid with good quality.
Jun 3, 2006
84 posts
36 upvotes
this thread is hilarious. so much angst with some of these posts and secrecy with the resellers. geeeeeeez.

My two cents after trying to find a smoothstreams and crown (and a few trials of some others) i got to trying Eternaltv which someone mentioned, and is pretty good. (site should be easy enough to google, without the reseller shiftyness). Provides a wealth of channels, and has a few simultaneous connections options as well. Few hiccups here and there on a few channels and others in SD, but 90% of the time been good and HD finds as well (watched some English soccer matches over the weekend successfully on a few different options for commentating). I tried the whole TVirl and PP Player, but saw they had an APK option onto the Shield for a standalone app. Worthy to pair up with Terrarium.
Feb 1, 2013
252 posts
50 upvotes
6oh wrote:
Mar 12th, 2018 2:57 pm
this thread is hilarious. so much angst with some of these posts and secrecy with the resellers. geeeeeeez.

My two cents after trying to find a smoothstreams and crown (and a few trials of some others) i got to trying Eternaltv which someone mentioned, and is pretty good. (site should be easy enough to google, without the reseller shiftyness). Provides a wealth of channels, and has a few simultaneous connections options as well. Few hiccups here and there on a few channels and others in SD, but 90% of the time been good and HD finds as well (watched some English soccer matches over the weekend successfully on a few different options for commentating). I tried the whole TVirl and PP Player, but saw they had an APK option onto the Shield for a standalone app. Worthy to pair up with Terrarium.
I’m signed up with Vaders and am pretty impressed especially the 5 device 3 ips rule.
I’ve been using Eternal for a week and for the price you cannot really complain, only wish they had more HD Canadian channels and had better logo and epg support but you get what you pay for !
Jun 3, 2006
84 posts
36 upvotes
bevanpfc wrote:
Mar 12th, 2018 4:32 pm
I’m signed up with Vaders and am pretty impressed especially the 5 device 3 ips rule.
I’ve been using Eternal for a week and for the price you cannot really complain, only wish they had more HD Canadian channels and had better logo and epg support but you get what you pay for !
I hear ya on the EPG stuff, although, i usually turn on the tv to watch something specific, instead of surfing through it all. Find the streams do hang on for the entire watch, so my week has been a success for the cost of a pint i'll just cut down on :) Especially with the multi connections side of it for Pops to watch his Portugal stuff.

bevanpfc, any key differences/factors you find between the two, so far? Appreciate the insight.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
3277 posts
741 upvotes
Does epicstreams have cp24 now? I trialed it earlier and found it odd that they were lacking some Canadian channels.
Dec 10, 2017
917 posts
523 upvotes
Chinmonkie wrote:
Mar 9th, 2018 2:17 pm
So going back to the thread, can someone PM me reliable IPTV / VOD subscription service. I would really appreciate it,
Did you get any suggestions? Who are you trying out right now?
Feb 1, 2013
252 posts
50 upvotes
6oh wrote:
Mar 12th, 2018 4:43 pm
I hear ya on the EPG stuff, although, i usually turn on the tv to watch something specific, instead of surfing through it all. Find the streams do hang on for the entire watch, so my week has been a success for the cost of a pint i'll just cut down on :) Especially with the multi connections side of it for Pops to watch his Portugal stuff.

bevanpfc, any key differences/factors you find between the two, so far? Appreciate the insight.
Ive been with Vaders for around 3 weeks so haven’t got too much experience with them but I was with smoothstreams for around 3 years and both eternal and Vaders are a huge improvement compared to that.
I suppose it’s really down to viewing habits, I don’t watch series or movies, I use plex for that, my main needs are watching soccer (I’m originally from the U.K.) Hockey and live news from Canada plus HGTV or diy channel.
If you’re only looking for sports then I would say eternal would be fine but if you’re after “HD” Canadian content then Vaders would be my choice as the letterboxed Canadian channels on eternal doesn’t cut it for me.
Feb 20, 2011
458 posts
74 upvotes
downtown TO
i find it strange that some resellers dont accept email transfer as i find it best way for my clients but each to there own i guess
Deal Addict
May 5, 2007
4255 posts
857 upvotes
rinse wrote:
Mar 12th, 2018 5:11 pm
Does epicstreams have cp24 now? I trialed it earlier and found it odd that they were lacking some Canadian channels.
It did Friday night when I got a free trial.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2007
4255 posts
857 upvotes
irishguy wrote:
Mar 12th, 2018 8:03 pm
i find it strange that some resellers dont accept email transfer as i find it best way for my clients but each to there own i guess
One guy I deal with said he didn't want a bunch of small transactions that might flag his bank account. Not sure if there's any issues with that but that was his reasoning.

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 2 guests)

lamboman, hyperactiveme