Computers & Electronics

Best IPTV Service? - CHECK SUMMARY PAGE FIRST!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 19th, 2018 2:33 am
Banned
Jun 30, 2007
57 posts
12 upvotes
georvu wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 3:21 pm
What is recommended as addons for box like dreamlink T1+ [in addition to the DOL]:

Showtime
Terrarium TV

What else? Get from local mkt or google play?

What add on to block ads?

Thanks.
Download the app apktime. They have all the no-ads movie/tv show apps.
May 23, 2016
79 posts
28 upvotes
GTA
georvu wrote:
What is recommended as addons for box like dreamlink T1+ [in addition to the DOL]:

Showtime
Terrarium TV

Thanks.
Mobdro have free live tv streaming but limited selections.
Red Flag Snag:
Spotify $34/year
Koodo $40/6gb
Banned
Mar 4, 2018
17 posts
4 upvotes
Windsor Ontario
georvu wrote:

Showtime
Terrarium TV

Thanks.
Download Firestreams from the playstore. Pick the apk you want to run in the firestreams apk. Even has a app to block adds.
Dec 10, 2017
923 posts
529 upvotes
lamboman wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 2:02 pm
I'm using Voodoo and I've watched it yesterday (mostly movie channels and sports) no issues. Plus, I got 10 people using the service as well and no one has complained (checked their status and it shows online). What internet are you using? And what are the channels that are freezing? What box are you using to watch it?
Nothing wrong with my internet, I check speed frequently. I'm using mag256, channels in GR were freezing, like Discovery, NatGeo, even the 24/7 music video channel 1 was freezing.
In comparison to other iptv service I had, Voodo has given me the most freezing issues, but still very usable.
One thing to note tho, I cant get Spike Tv, SpikeHd to work at all, it freezes every few sec from the very start when I ordered Voodo. (I only need spike for Bellator)
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
1421 posts
613 upvotes
Toronto, ON
FoMoHotDeals wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 5:27 pm
Nothing wrong with my internet, I check speed frequently. I'm using mag256, channels in GR were freezing, like Discovery, NatGeo, even the 24/7 music video channel 1 was freezing.
In comparison to other iptv service I had, Voodo has given me the most freezing issues, but still very usable.
One thing to note tho, I cant get Spike Tv, SpikeHd to work at all, it freezes every few sec from the very start when I ordered Voodo. (I only need spike for Bellator)
Sorry I haven't checked those channels, but just yesterday I was watching the Raptors game on TSN4 and no glitch or freezing at all. I will check those channels to see how it is for me, but I am using a DreamLink T1 box. Have you tried to do a software update on the box? As far as I know, there was a new update for 254 r1 on Dec 2017, so their might be one for 256 as well. The MAG do not get updates automatically, unless you go to the system settings and check for the update.

Hope this helps dude. Good luck!
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
May 1, 2011
900 posts
286 upvotes
Near GTA
FoMoHotDeals wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 5:27 pm
I'm 2 weeks into epicstreams with ultraboxhost and have been exclusively on all of the Raps/Leafs games, NatGeo, discovery, spike, etc...not a single problem with the quality or uptime with the streams. Pretty sure tsn is 60fps too. It's been mind blowing and everyone that has seen my 256/ultraboxhost setup has already purchased their 256 and signing up for the same provider.

My strategy to test all of this IPTV stuff out? Go with the most battle proven and easiest to use devices in Infomir/MAG and then go with the best (for the Canadian sports loving me) IPTV provider in epicstreams/ultraboxhost. Everything has been so perfect that I don't care about kodi/apps of android boxes (that hang or flake out) or going the few $/mth cheaper providers. Start from the top (to most importantly confirm your setup) and work you're way down if you need too. I don't need too. I've yet to have a single drop out or studder. This is on crappy cogeco and a 40down line too

That being said, I haven't been home for 3 days to have experienced last nights weather outages. I believe last night had most providers affected.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
1421 posts
613 upvotes
Toronto, ON
chrischris84 wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 9:38 am
I'm 2 weeks into epicstreams with ultraboxhost and have been exclusively on all of the Raps/Leafs games, NatGeo, discovery, spike, etc...not a single problem with the quality or uptime with the streams. Pretty sure tsn is 60fps too. It's been mind blowing and everyone that has seen my 256/ultraboxhost setup has already purchased their 256 and signing up for the same provider.

My strategy to test all of this IPTV stuff out? Go with the most battle proven and easiest to use devices in Infomir/MAG and then go with the best (for the Canadian sports loving me) IPTV provider in epicstreams/ultraboxhost. Everything has been so perfect that I don't care about kodi/apps of android boxes (that hang or flake out) or going the few $/mth cheaper providers. Start from the top (to most importantly confirm your setup) and work you're way down if you need too. I don't need too. I've yet to have a single drop out or studder. This is on crappy cogeco and a 40down line too

That being said, I haven't been home for 3 days to have experienced last nights weather outages. I believe last night had most providers affected.
Not really, I watched the raptors game as I posted earlier. No shutter or lag. I even watched CP24 and CBC for a while. Missed the TFC game, had to sleep.
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
May 1, 2011
900 posts
286 upvotes
Near GTA
lamboman wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 9:53 am
Not really, I watched the raptors game as I posted earlier. No shutter or lag. I even watched CP24 and CBC for a while. Missed the TFC game, had to sleep.
All depends which channels and where they're coming from. A storm in the Northern US likely won't affect our Canadian channels...but was just putting a little caveat in that many people (depending on the channel location source) had problems last night.
Aug 3, 2009
592 posts
49 upvotes
chrischris84 wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 9:59 am
All depends which channels and where they're coming from. A storm in the Northern US likely won't affect our Canadian channels...but was just putting a little caveat in that many people (depending on the channel location source) had problems last night.
yea they had major issues last night with the storm. UK wasn't impacted, but a lot of Canadian streams were. I just ended up watching some of the UK shows :)
Dec 10, 2017
923 posts
529 upvotes
chrischris84 wrote:

How is epicstreams Videoclub?
Jun 11, 2013
71 posts
15 upvotes
TheSix
Just sharing my experience. I cancelled my cable service in January and have being looking for a good android box and good IPTV provider.
Thanks to all these RDFers I actually tried trail versions of some of the IPTV services.
I got the HRSJIPTV from one of the reseller for cheap and it has been working fine. Although it doesn't have the EPG but I only watch sports and my kids watch cartoons.
Last nights Raptors Vs Nets, HRSJ quality for TSN was actually better than EPICSTREAMS.
REDBOX, SHOWBOX, TERRARIUM are all pretty good for live and movies.
Feb 4, 2017
476 posts
293 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone used PlayersKlub? Just heard about this while researching and it's only $5/mth.
Apr 3, 2013
49 posts
8 upvotes
Mississauga
I tried players club once and it wasnt the greatest. Had lots of buffering issues and the channel selection is meh.

If you want i can set you up on a 24 hour trial with ACETV
Jan 5, 2017
159 posts
118 upvotes
montreal
chrischris84 wrote:

Hey I’m a current epicstreams user and loving it also, using it on my raspberry pi + kodi right now but looking to get a dedicated box. Trying to decide between mag256 and the formuler Z7+... what made you go with mag256? And you’re enjoying it? Does it provide a ‘cable-like’ experience, like recording, pause live TV, a nice looking interface, etc? Any and all info/tips are much appreciated!
Aug 3, 2009
592 posts
49 upvotes
seanns32 wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 10:21 pm
Hey I’m a current epicstreams user and loving it also, using it on my raspberry pi + kodi right now but looking to get a dedicated box. Trying to decide between mag256 and the formuler Z7+... what made you go with mag256? And you’re enjoying it? Does it provide a ‘cable-like’ experience, like recording, pause live TV, a nice looking interface, etc? Any and all info/tips are much appreciated!
I have been considering Formuler Z7+ as well. I had a buzztv xpl3000 and loved it, donated it to family though. Now I am wondering if I should buy the Formuler or another Buzztv!

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)