Tags:
None
[OP]
May 5, 2008
1 posts
thornhill

best location of ontario G driving test

Hi Guys

Where is the best place of take a driving test?
Many ppl told me morningstar in scarborough is best and lawrence is worst.

Told me What you think

p.s. What is best way to catch up fast appointment of driving test?
online booking still need month to wait for morningside :razz:
56 replies
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
24879 posts
2466 upvotes
Ottawa
Best as in nicest building?
Best as in most knowledgeable staff?
Best as in most thorough testing capability? or:
Best as in "the easiest to pass as I don't really know how to drive"?

I suspect the last one.
Book the test anywhere, if you deserve to drive, you will pass.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
6675 posts
243 upvotes
Toronto
Just go anywhere. There is no harder place or easier place. Your driving test expects you to know how to drive. If you can't do your test at a certain center you don't desreve to drive.

Feel free to join the "I failed my G2 exit test because everyone in this world is racist" thread.

Quality driving insutrction and reasonable depth perception will get your through any test.

Passed first time on both my G2 exit (downsview airport) and G1 exit (Wilson / Keele).
Did I post something that interests you? Feel free to PM further questions.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2004
3470 posts
35 upvotes
Toronto
Lawrence is the "worst" because it has the most traffics to deal with. I suppose to some, more traffic means more distraction for you to drive properly.
Feb 22, 2006
417 posts
1 upvote
How far did you want to travel? Most of my friends went to Peterbourgh.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2006
3450 posts
874 upvotes
Toronto
Pete_Coach wrote:
May 6th, 2008 2:35 pm
Book the test anywhere, if you deserve to drive, you will pass.
+1
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2005
1098 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
When I did my G2 exit, I booked online and they gave me a list of available dates at whichever location, and suprisingly they had a spot the next morning. I didn't take it though, I wanted to get rid of some bad habits first lol.

I don't think the location makes a real big difference. I went to Morningside for the G2 exit, and Victoria Terrace (?) for my G1 exit.
Jul 1, 2005
196 posts
Oh come on, don't look for an easy way out

Book the most challenging test course to prove your driving skill, easy ones are for granny and soccer mom who donno how to drive. Unless you want to catagorize yourself as the same group. Which that group of people shouldn't be operating a motor vehicle to begin with.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2002
2642 posts
194 upvotes
agree. we (and our society) should teach ourselves not to take the easy way out. in this case, easy way out means the risk of other ppl's and your own lives. when you have the skill and the mindset, you will definitely pass the test. they're not there to challenge you but to make sure you meet the standard.

v33k wrote:
May 6th, 2008 5:08 pm
Oh come on, don't look for an easy way out

Book the most challenging test course to prove your driving skill, easy ones are for granny and soccer mom who donno how to drive. Unless you want to catagorize yourself as the same group. Which that group of people shouldn't be operating a motor vehicle to begin with.
Sep 3, 2005
55 posts
1 upvote
No high way, less people on the street,very simple street structure. Find it yourself on google map.
Mar 2, 2008
12 posts
Toronto
People aren't putting it in the nicest way here. But honestly, you really don't want to drive if you think going to a slightly harder test centre will get you failed. What happens after you get your license and you lack the confidence to drive on busy streets?

Just get a little more practice and you can pass the test anywhere. When I was a student and didn't have a car, I just found a friendly driving instructor who didn't charge much for a lesson and went out twice a week for a month close to my G2 exit test. Passed no problem on the second try :) . But at least I'm confident about my driving now.

On the other hand, if you are just looking to pass and have no intention of actually driving, like the earlier poster said, look at the drivetest examination locations and find a small town with no traffic and simple roads from google maps.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
6675 posts
243 upvotes
Toronto
thephenom wrote:
May 6th, 2008 3:36 pm
Lawrence is the "worst" because it has the most traffics to deal with. I suppose to some, more traffic means more distraction for you to drive properly.
You live in Toronto... umm if you can't pull out of a plaza in traffic

YOU DON'T DESERVE TO BE DRIVING

Anyone else agree with me?
Did I post something that interests you? Feel free to PM further questions.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1089 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
GangStarr wrote:
May 9th, 2008 7:19 pm
You live in Toronto... umm if you can't pull out of a plaza in traffic

YOU DON'T DESERVE TO BE DRIVING

Anyone else agree with me?
Word.

You don't have to be lewis hamilton at driving, but confidence will take you a long way. You'll need it as driving gets pretty aggressive in Toronto.
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul.
Apr 11, 2008
281 posts
DeimosBeros wrote:
May 9th, 2008 8:42 pm
Word.
You don't have to be lewis hamilton at driving, but confidence will take you a long way. You'll need it as driving gets pretty aggressive in Toronto.
Don't know about confidence. Sometimes applying the rule word-for-word in the real world makes a tricky situation:

A friend of mine failed because he didn't make 100kph on 401. Another failed because he exceeded 90kph on DVP. So candidates are expected to drive right on the speed limit regardless of traffic?
× < >