Maple
took both my G2 and G test in kitchener,

I am a student at UW, quite easy
Oct 31, 2007
7 posts
T Dot
bobby5 wrote:
May 9th, 2008 9:19 pm
Don't know about confidence. Sometimes applying the rule word-for-word in the real world makes a tricky situation:

A friend of mine failed because he didn't make 100kph on 401. Another failed because he exceeded 90kph on DVP. So candidates are expected to drive right on the speed limit regardless of traffic?
well it depends on the flow of traffic your friend ran into. if the highway was empty and he didnt get past 100kph on the 401 he deserves to fail cuz that can cause accidents. but if it was rush hour, theres no way he should have failed unless the examiner let him drive on the shoulder so he could 100kph, lol :cheesygri
Apr 17, 2007
191 posts
I read this somewhere (maybe these forums) but a person asked the examiner if he should do the speed limit, or the flow of traffic and the response he got was "this job doesn't pay me enough to get myself killed"
Mar 8, 2006
657 posts
6 upvotes
I can't believe some people said "everywhere is the same" or "choose the hardest test center". :rolleyes: Why would you choose to go to a harder test center when you have a choice is beyond my understanding. Remember, the tests are not free! Also, not every test center is the same (for road tests) because every area have different traffic flows, streets, highways, etc. For example, they won't ask you do to downhill parking at Morningside because there are no "hills" near the Morningside test center.

Try Morningside, passed all my tests there. I think anytime between 11am-3pm is good time because there isn't much traffic during these hours.

Doing road tests and actually driving on the roads are two different things. IMO, road tests are all about how well you follow instructions and how well you exaggerate things. Another thing is that half of the stuff you learn at driving school cannot be applied in real life, especially in Toronto. For example, people will honk/pass you if you drive right at 60 km/hr on streets. They will honk at you if you stop 3 seconds at stop signs. Also, it is not a good idea (IMO) to check the back mirror every second, because it causes distraction and you can't look at the front and back at the same time.
Need some tips on investing? Please visit my blog @ hotinvestingtips.net
Banned
Mar 3, 2008
171 posts
Mississauga
G1 > G2 > G in oakville in one shot no fails at all. Finished it in total of 1 year 8 months (driving school)and 1 day exactly ... not gonna go into hours and seconds ... didn't calculate that
Feb 19, 2003
177 posts
1 upvote
weales wrote:
May 6th, 2008 3:55 pm
How far did you want to travel? Most of my friends went to Peterbourgh.
Do you happen to know what road/drive sequence/procedure for G test?
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2005
1326 posts
48 upvotes
I passed from Lawrence and VP, I actually suggest most people to there. In fact, I think I should have failed but I passed. :confused:

I hear Downsview is the hardest, my friend failed 2 times there and I admit he's a better driver than me.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
20355 posts
1720 upvotes
cywhiz wrote:
May 18th, 2008 6:03 am
I can't believe some people said "everywhere is the same" or "choose the hardest test center". :rolleyes: Why would you choose to go to a harder test center when you have a choice is beyond my understanding.
The post above, IMO, is disgusting. Perhaps it's beyond your understanding because driving is beyond your understanding?

All test centres should be the same (though we know they aren't) or they should at least be thought of as the same. The whole thinking of "where can I take the easiest test" is downright flawed and as others have essentially said, these people probably shouldn't be driving at all.

The reason why you should think of all centres as the same is because you should be able to drive in any situation or any set of circumstances that not only normally occurs on the road, but any that can occur on the road. Taking a test out in the middle of nowhere when you live in a city, because you know there will be less traffic is not the way to go about things. You as a driver will probably encounter traffic. What are you going to do when that happens?

I would wager millions of dollars (if I had them) that these clowns going to take tests where there is "less traffic" are not going to pull over at the side of the road when they actually encounter traffic on the road, are they? So why would they want to take a test where they will never encounter something they are very likely to encounter when driving daily?

Hmm let me think, because they want to cause an accident? Because they want to endanger themselves and their loved ones and everyone else on the road? Because they want to drive unsafely in a situation where they can't drive properly or can't deal with well? UNBELIEVEABLE.

What is beyond any responsible person's understanding would be why would anyone want to try to find an "easier" test. G2-->G transition tests are all done on the real roads right? That's where you'll be driving--on the real road!--so you should be able to deal with and drive in any things that you come across taking the test at any test centre. Therefore there is no need to seek out some allegedly "easier" test centre. Just take the stinkin' test wherever is closest or has the earliest appointment and drive. End of story.

Driving tests are far too easy and lax to begin with and the minimum standard for getting a driver's license is incredibly low; therefore, if you can't pass the test at the "hardest" location, you're probably one of the worst drivers out there. Do us all a favour, get more training and skills or just stay off the road if that's the case.
cywhiz wrote:
Doing road tests and actually driving on the roads are two different things.
I agree there, but then I totally disagree thereafter, mostly because you're totally wrong on a lot of it (not surprising given it's apparently "beyond your understanding" as to why driving is a serious matter).
cywhiz wrote:
Another thing is that half of the stuff you learn at driving school cannot be applied in real life, especially in Toronto.
Nonsense. Using the "you can't drive like this in this place" argument doesn't fly at all. Now if road conditions were different due to things like weather or infrastructure problems (like bumpy roads, potholes, etc.) then sure. But not as some catch all of "I live in Toronto this is how you have to drive here" nonsense :rolleyes:
cywhiz wrote:
For example, people will honk/pass you if you drive right at 60 km/hr on streets.
People will not honk you, that's more nonsense. Sure maybe one or two people would, but they are just morons. People will pass you? OMG someone passed you what a travesty! Who the hell cares if someone passes you? That's perfectly fine for them to do. Going the speed limit is not a good idea in most cases, no, but if you stick to the right lane (where you'd belong going the speed limit) then you shouldn't have any problems. If people pass you, well hello, that's going to happen if you're going the speed limit. It's not like every time someone passes you your car gives you a taser shock, is it?
cywhiz wrote:
They will honk at you if you stop 3 seconds at stop signs.
Why would you stop for 3 seconds at a stop sign? It's far more than the instant that is required.
cywhiz wrote:
Also, it is not a good idea (IMO) to check the back mirror every second, because it causes distraction and you can't look at the front and back at the same time.
Where do they test you on looking in your mirror every second? Get real. You have to check your mirror regularly sure, but certainly not every second. If you did that you'd never see anything in front of you, in the direction you're travelling. And if checking your mirror regularly distracts you too much, then guess what? Once again please get off the road, you don't belong there. Funny enough you can easily get a license with insanely low reaction time, very poor abililty to pay attention, etc. so again I'm not sure what the difficulty is with the "hard" test centres. If this stuff is "hard" then you've got serious problems.
GangStarr wrote:You live in Toronto... umm if you can't pull out of a plaza in traffic

YOU DON'T DESERVE TO BE DRIVING

Anyone else agree with me?
I actually disagree :P If you live anywhere and you can't do this, then you don't deserve to be driving. Not just if you live in Toronto ;)
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2004
1510 posts
224 upvotes
Toronto
Clinton!!!! population ummm like a 1400 (that's just a SWAG so don't get all offended if you live there) one stop light you get the idea..... Just don't run over any wild turkey or deer on the drive up there they don't like when you show up with a smashed up car....
Dec 29, 2004
109 posts
I just did mine recently at lawrence. This is my route which is CRAZY!!!

Drive to small steet.

1. Pull Over
2. Parallel Parking
3. 3-point turn

Then drive locally to highway

1. High 404 North to 401 EAST
2. 401 EAST exit at warden
3. from warden, drive city all the way back to testing centre changing lanes like crazy.

I got one of the longest/worst routes..but i STILL PASSED.

I just hope no one else gets this stupid test

i drive a lexus is, but i borrowed my friend's HYUNDAI ELANTRA and got this route damm it.
Mar 8, 2006
657 posts
6 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote:
May 27th, 2008 4:22 pm
The post above, IMO, is disgusting. Perhaps it's beyond your understanding because driving is beyond your understanding?...
IMO, the driving test is nothing more than just a "show" of how well you follow the rules. If you failed the test, it doesn't mean you suck at driving. On the other hand, passing it does not make you an expert driver. Lots of people have driver licences and still don't know how to drive. Ultimately, it all depends on the individual and how well he/she drives. It is just not practical in real life to drive like the driving test.

Pass the test and get it over with. The reason is that different test centers have different road conditions. If you pick the hardest test center, it will only make your life harder and you might have to retake the test over and over again. It is a waste of time and money because in the end, we all get exactly the SAME driver licence no matter which test centre you go. I chose Morningside Test Centre because many people (incl. me) passed the test there. Many of my friends went to other ones (such as Lawrence) and have to retake the test many times. Too bad the Morningside Test Centre no longer exists, since it has been moved to Port Union/Sheppard.

Most importantly, most novice drivers don't have a lot of driving experience, so they will more likely to fail at "hard" centers. Experience is key here. You can always improve your driving skills later on AFTER you get your licence, but just make sure you drive safely.
Need some tips on investing? Please visit my blog @ hotinvestingtips.net
× < >