• Aug 10th, 2009 10:30 pm
Tags:
None
Jan 9, 2008
36 posts
2 upvotes
Vancouver

The best mobile plan in Canada?

OK, after exhaustive research comparing every cell phone provider and their rates in Canada, I think I have finally discovered the best plan currently available. You won't believe what a rip-off every plan in existence is until you read this!

I assume that what I am about to post will be met with a combination of anger and disbelief, but trust me it is 100% legit and true, and I have just signed up for it and will be posting more about it once I have started to use it. Remember this is all done from my mobile phone.

Unlimited local & Canada-wide calling anytime. You can call any home or mobile phone anywhere you want in Canada, any time of any day, any day of the week unlimited.
Unlimited International calling to 35 countries. Again you can call any home or mobile phone in 35 countries and chat for as long as you want any time of any day any day of the week.
Includes Call display and 250 outgoing texts, unlimited incoming ones.

OK, are you sitting down?

$20 a month. No kidding.

It is a unique combination of a prepaid service provider, a mobile phone number redirection company and a local number voip forwarding company.

You can get it for $17 a month if you sign a three year contract.

Will be reporting on it once I start using it as of monday.

You can get the phone you need to make it work for about $6.
14 replies
Jan 7, 2009
568 posts
sirsellsalot wrote:
Aug 7th, 2009 3:31 pm
OK, after exhaustive research comparing every cell phone provider and their rates in Canada, I think I have finally discovered the best plan currently available. You won't believe what a rip-off every plan in existence is until you read this!

I assume that what I am about to post will be met with a combination of anger and disbelief, but trust me it is 100% legit and true, and I have just signed up for it and will be posting more about it once I have started to use it. Remember this is all done from my mobile phone.

Unlimited local & Canada-wide calling anytime. You can call any home or mobile phone anywhere you want in Canada, any time of any day, any day of the week unlimited.
Unlimited International calling to 35 countries. Again you can call any home or mobile phone in 35 countries and chat for as long as you want any time of any day any day of the week.

$20 a month. No kidding.

It is a unique combination of a prepaid service provider, a mobile phone number redirection company and a local number voip forwarding company.

lemme guess buzzirk mobile ........
Jan 21, 2008
150 posts
It does not have unlimited incoming :D

Is there any Canadian Pay-as-you-go provider that would allow even one unlimited local number???
Jun 19, 2006
23 posts
5 upvotes
London
volodyan wrote:
Aug 7th, 2009 5:19 pm
It does not have unlimited incoming :D

Is there any Canadian Pay-as-you-go provider that would allow even one unlimited local number???
Telus? I think they had unlimited calls to 1 number for $7 per month.
Jan 21, 2008
150 posts
So it's already $10 (minimum monthly top up) + $7. And free calling to 31 countries costs ~$20 (i.e. at myunlimited.ca). Curious :D
jamaica168 wrote:
Aug 7th, 2009 5:27 pm
Telus? I think they had unlimited calls to 1 number for $7 per month.
EDIT: $7 can go out of $10. Cool
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2008
4773 posts
40 upvotes
useless thread
fake plan
big epeen
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2006
1506 posts
46 upvotes
ON
buzzirk is way too expensive

thumper80 wrote:
Aug 7th, 2009 4:22 pm
lemme guess buzzirk mobile ........
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2006
1506 posts
46 upvotes
ON
you either need
- unlimited free incoming calls
or
- free outgoing calls (with LD) to one #
or
- Wi-Fi (limited coverage)
or
- data plan (is there something like data plan without voice plan or pay-as-you-go available in Canada?)

sirsellsalot wrote:
Aug 7th, 2009 3:31 pm

$20 a month. No kidding.

Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2006
1506 posts
46 upvotes
ON
Rogers pay-as-you-go (PAYG) - minimum $10/mth
Unlimited browsing - $10/mth (was $7)
VoIP, incl. Canadian # - few $ or, if using only a fwd service it's most probably free

My 2 big questions are:
1. would unlimited browsing work with SIP calls?
2. does Rogers or Fido offer PAYG with unlimited browsing? In US, that's available. ---> according to this RFD posting, it's available.

If the answer is yes for both questions, you only need a highly customizable smartphone like Nokia E71 to have "free" access to Wi-Fi, VoIP, GPS, FM, email, twitter, IMs etc.
Mar 13, 2009
22 posts
Ontario
thegradas wrote:
Aug 8th, 2009 11:26 pm
Rogers pay-as-you-go (PAYG) - minimum $10/mth
Unlimited browsing - $10/mth (was $7)
VoIP, incl. Canadian # - few $ or, if using only a fwd service it's most probably free
It is still 7$ for pay go. Do not give unnecessary ideas to rogers. Someone erase his thread :D
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2006
1506 posts
46 upvotes
ON
webid wrote:
Aug 9th, 2009 12:20 pm
It is still 7$ for pay go. Do not give unnecessary ideas to rogers. Someone erase his thread :D
don't worry, we'll find other solutions... more power to the people!
:D :D :D
× < >