Computers & Electronics

Best Modem + Router for "Teksaavy" that give more speed?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 29th, 2011 6:18 pm
Tags:
None
Apr 9, 2011
206 posts
13 upvotes

Best Modem + Router for "Teksaavy" that give more speed?

Can someone name the best modem and router that give Teksaavy the most speed? I was going to buy 300mbps. What do you guys think of that? Is there any better than this?

Also, I want to use speedboost. Can you tell me how and from where can one get it?

Thanks. I'll really appreciate your assistance. Tired of paying high bills on Rogers and Bell.
7 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2010
6112 posts
660 upvotes
SW Ontario
Going to get what speed???

Just get the docsis 3 modem Teksavvy offers is the easiest and you are good to go. This is assuming you want cable right?
Apr 9, 2011
206 posts
13 upvotes
redgrandam wrote: Going to get what speed???

Just get the docsis 3 modem Teksavvy offers is the easiest and you are good to go. This is assuming you want cable right?

Yes, the 15mbps speed one. Can you tell me the specific modem name that they have that is docsis 3?
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2003
1406 posts
454 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Grab this, if it gives you trouble you can always replace the modem later. It is better than paying teksavvy $200 upfront for docsis modem + 1 month of internet +installation fee.
Deal Guru
Jul 15, 2008
10545 posts
4142 upvotes
Toronto
nerdonsite wrote: Grab this, if it gives you trouble you can always replace the modem later. It is better than paying teksavvy $200 upfront for docsis modem + 1 month of internet +installation fee.

op wants docsis 3. the cc kit is docsis 2.

you will either have to order the d3 modem from teksavvy or get a sb6120 from tiger direct.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2010
6112 posts
660 upvotes
SW Ontario
studentofcommerce wrote: Yes, the 15mbps speed one. Can you tell me the specific modem name that they have that is docsis 3?
chinesedevil wrote: op wants docsis 3. the cc kit is docsis 2.

you will either have to order the d3 modem from teksavvy or get a sb6120 from tiger direct.

Yeah, the tiger direct route was what I did. Got the sb6120. Works great. A tiny bit of hassle getting the correct ID numbers off the modem to TSI, but the price works out to be close to the same by the time you factor in the shipping costs.

The Teksavvy docsis 3 modem is the dcm475.
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2003
1406 posts
454 upvotes
Brampton, ON
chinesedevil wrote: op wants docsis 3. the cc kit is docsis 2.

What i wanted the OP to understand was that he could get a docsis 2 + 1 month of internet for 99$ with free installation, where as if he went the other route he would be paying closer to 200$ all in. If he does not like the docsis 2 modem he can sell it later and buy a docsis 3.

As for the router, 300mbps is the norm. The more features you want the expensive it gets. I would recommend the Asus rt-n12 loaded with Tomato, it is a basic 300mbps router with good wireless and stable.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)