Computers & Electronics

Best non-Rogers or Bell internet in Toronto?

• Last Updated:
  • May 8th, 2017 11:59 pm
Oct 9, 2011
733 posts
765 upvotes
EAST YORK

Best non-Rogers or Bell internet in Toronto?

Finally getting my own place, so I need Interwebz to post on RFD. WHat's the best option without paying for Robellus' exorbitant prices? I hear TekSavvy is pretty decent?
10 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2010
1020 posts
958 upvotes
Toronto
Teksavvy is pretty much the standard alternative.

I've tried CIK before, wasn't bad for the price but practically zero customer service. It would go down at least once or twice a month, and the speeds were never consistent, either they were under, or way over the speeds we were paying for, so that's kind of a little trade off.
Deal Guru
Aug 5, 2006
10746 posts
7905 upvotes
Global Village
+1 for Teksavvy, been with them for years with no issues, cable internet.
All day I dream about sports

Tangerine, Meridian, EQ Bank, Simplii, CIBC Investor's Edge
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
38392 posts
12016 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
The consensus is either Teksavvy or Start.ca

Either way, some money will go back to Bell or Rogers

If you're moving to a new build, they do offer discounts for new home owners if you commit for 2 years.
Banned
May 17, 2005
4845 posts
661 upvotes
the cheapest and slooowest right now would be teksavvy $24.95 for 5/1-200gb that on cable ... but if you need something better then I would look somewhere else ...
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
13840 posts
5545 upvotes
Ontario
+1 TekSavvy

I would get their DSL Service 15/10 or higher depending on what you need it for. But a SmartRG modem from kijiji for like $70 & you are done. Not sure if you are going into a home or not but I would tell the Bell tech that comes out to run a dedicated line from the Demarc to where you want the modem this way you get the best possible connection since you will bypass the older cables inside the home.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2013
1615 posts
349 upvotes
Toronto
The third party FTTH can't come soon enough​, maybe in 2018.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2014
2722 posts
549 upvotes
Manitoba
Carrytel
— — — — — — — — — — — —
The end came for me (for light roast coffee) when the tasting notes at a light roast shop in Portland said: "Hints of citrus, star anise & coffee" - Unknown on the internet
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8976 posts
2827 upvotes
Stay rogers or bell? Their rates are just as competitive, and you don't need to deal with third party support and purchase of equipment.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21223 posts
5939 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
If you are in a highrise, you might have other alternatives like CoExtro.
Otherwise I vote TekSavvy. TS may charge an activation fee, but at least they charge it up front, rather than through some stealth 'billing error'.
- casual gastronomist -

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)