Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Dec 23, 2003
11224 posts
514 upvotes
Toronto

Best Omega Watch deals

I am posting this here instead of the Shopping discussion forum, so that I can target the fashion trendy group. :)

Can someone suggest any stores in the Toronto area, or those who deliver to Toronto that offer good deals on Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra watches?

Thanks
218 replies
Jan 15, 2004
371 posts
20 upvotes
Calgary
You should be able to get 25% off at any authorized Omega dealer. The best I've ever received was 30%, but I was piggybacking my purchase with the purchase of two other watches so we were able to get a bit more of a discount.

If you can't get 25%.....go to the next Omega AD until someone does give it to you, as that discount is very common.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Dec 23, 2003
11224 posts
514 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for your input.

I notice the price difference between US and CAD MSRP prices is about $900 to $1200. It may be better to go with a US vendor. Any suggestions on where to go in the US (online vendors recommended?)

Thanks
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2004
12862 posts
1424 upvotes
Pickering
Which model are you looking at? I want this for my next Omega:

http://www.watchesonnet.com/2502.33.html

I bought a 2255.80 Seamaster (this is the model # for those that don't know) for $2250 from European Jewellers everybody else wanted $2600.
Doesn't Costco have good Omega pricing??
[OP]
Deal Guru
Dec 23, 2003
11224 posts
514 upvotes
Toronto
AudiDude wrote:
Dec 8th, 2007 1:35 am
Which model are you looking at? I want this for my next Omega:

http://www.watchesonnet.com/2502.33.html

I bought a 2255.80 Seamaster (this is the model # for those that don't know) for $2250 from European Jewellers everybody else wanted $2600.
Doesn't Costco have good Omega pricing??
I am looking to get this: http://www.watchesonnet.com/2517.80.html

I was quoted $1875 from European jewelers for this tax in.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2004
12862 posts
1424 upvotes
Pickering
So what happens when your warranty runs out and you want your watch fixed? I understand that if you return your (Omega) watch to Bienne, they usually fix the problem, plus refinish your watch so it looks like new. If I buy from an online retailer will Bienne just do the repair because I didn't buy from an authorized retailer without the fringe benefits? Will they flat out refuse to do the repair and I will have to pay the online retailer, or their repair affiliate?

I prefer to return my watch to Bienne as they are superior to Omega's official repair shops in North America. It would be nice to return my watch to Bienne in 10 years and have it lubricated, adjusted to COSC standards, and the case and strap/buckle polished all to back to new-like standards.
Jan 15, 2004
371 posts
20 upvotes
Calgary
AudiDude wrote:
Dec 8th, 2007 1:44 pm
So what happens when your warranty runs out and you want your watch fixed? I understand that if you return your (Omega) watch to Bienne, they usually fix the problem, plus refinish your watch so it looks like new. If I buy from an online retailer will Bienne just do the repair because I didn't buy from an authorized retailer without the fringe benefits? Will they flat out refuse to do the repair and I will have to pay the online retailer, or their repair affiliate?

I prefer to return my watch to Bienne as they are superior to Omega's official repair shops in North America. It would be nice to return my watch to Bienne in 10 years and have it lubricated, adjusted to COSC standards, and the case and strap/buckle polished all to back to new-like standards.
I think that all depends on if the online retailer removed the serial # from the case/movement. If the serial #'s are intact...then I see no reason why any Omega service center wouldn't service the watch.

I prefer to send my watches to a local watchmaker who has an Omega parts account. He takes great care of the watch and has it back to me in a week or so....instead of waiting for months with Omega in Bienne, only to find out they put a big scratch on the caseback and then it has to get sent back again.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2004
12862 posts
1424 upvotes
Pickering
pacman wrote:
Dec 8th, 2007 6:32 pm
I prefer to send my watches to a local watchmaker who has an Omega parts account. He takes great care of the watch and has it back to me in a week or so....instead of waiting for months with Omega in Bienne, only to find out they put a big scratch on the caseback and then it has to get sent back again.
I have read that the people who get scratched watches are the ones who use the official (the one I read about was in the US) repair depots. Everybody said their watch came back from Bienne with all previous scratches removed. One guy sent his in because his watch wasn't performing to COSC standards and the replaced the crystal to repair the scratches, which he said he had noticed none. I have seen a 6 months wait, but that was to rebuild 20-30 year old watches, and they were perfect when they returned to the customer.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread ... ter+Bienne
Jan 25, 2004
76 posts
3 upvotes
Canada
can anyone else recommend any local stores in the GTA that sell omega watches?

so far european jeweller seems to be the front runner.

thanks
Dec 19, 2005
5 posts
Toronto
L'oro in Vaughan Mills is an authorized dealer that was offering 30% off yesterday. That said, the US MSRP's are soooo much lower on Omegas and you can get at least 25% off from a US dealer, so it would be silly not to go to drive Buffalo and save a grand. I'm thinking of doing that. There is an authorized dealer in the Walden Gallaria.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Dec 23, 2003
11224 posts
514 upvotes
Toronto
I was considering a US purchase, but when you factor the cost of the item, duty, shipping (if purchased online), the price at european jewellery is pretty decent (within $100 or less).
Dec 19, 2005
5 posts
Toronto
Not Really. I was lookign at a watch that was 4300MSRP in Canada...could get 25% off. = 3225 plus tax = $3645

Can get in US for MSRP3350 - 25% = $2512 plus 100 shipping = 2612. If you get dinged with tax 13% and duty 5% thats 2980.50. $600 savings on a 3000 item is pretty good. And both are from an Authorized dealer.
Apr 18, 2007
273 posts
4 upvotes
Costco if you want an older model. Best prices for a new watch.

Tag Heuer is now offering CAD pricing at par with the USA if you are interested.
Feb 13, 2004
205 posts
Toronto
Howard Jewelers in Pacific Mall. Authorized dealer... and tend to give some pretty good discounts on high end watches.

Only buy from authorized dealers! A lot of FAKES out there.
-P Tien
Ebay ID: Porsche_Ah
× < >