• Last Updated:
  • Jun 14th, 2019 3:18 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2009
13792 posts
1303 upvotes

Best online deal for Advantage cats/dogs in Canada

I bought a 3-pack on eBay last year for $30 but for some reason eBay isn't giving me good results. Either they ship outside of Canada or it skyrocketed over 100%.

Where can I get Advantage within Canada for a good price? I need a 2 or 3 pack for a 15lb cat and a 20lb dog.
In a perfect system, corporations would fear the government and the government would fear the people. - David Wong

Check out caRpetbomBer's picks in this thread.
24 replies
[OP]
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2009
13792 posts
1303 upvotes
Really? Nothing?

We are being gouged for these flea medications. Does anyone have any inside knowledge on this? Advantage used to cost around $10/tube online. What happened in the last year?

Someone has been artifically throttling the flow of this drug.
In a perfect system, corporations would fear the government and the government would fear the people. - David Wong

Apr 25, 2011
964 posts
594 upvotes
British Columbia
Syne wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2016 10:04 am
Someone has been artifically throttling the flow of this drug.
In would not jump to such an extreme. At 10 dollars a tube you are basically paying for the product at cost so no longer finding such a price is not a huge surprise.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2009
13792 posts
1303 upvotes
http://www.thepetpharmacist.ca has good prices and ships out of Toronto.

I placed an order for Advantage II (tough to find) and expect it early next week. I will update with results.

I paid $42 + $14 shipping for 4 tubes for medium dogs. Pickup is also available.

Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
2229 posts
708 upvotes
Beautiful B.C.
Many years ago (when we last used it) the active ingredients' concentration per ml in Advantage was the same whether the tube was for a cat or a large dog. The *difference* was the dosage. Therefore you could buy the size for a large dog and use the correct amount for a cat. You can re-seal the tube and keep it (we always kept ours in the fridge) and use it the next time. We took out the appropriate amount with a small syringe and squeezed it on our cat as you would with the actual tube. This is where you'll find the largest savings. At the time we used it, the Advantage site and the product insert itself both listed the concentration per ml. so it was just a matter of doing the math. If the concentration is still identical now, you might consider doing this.
"You tell everybody. Listen to me, Hatcher. You've gotta tell them! Beyond Meat is people! We've gotta stop them somehow!"
[OP]
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2009
13792 posts
1303 upvotes
That's exactly what I did TheHans. I would also like to report that http://www.thepetpharmacist.ca came through with next business day delivery across Ontario and great prices. A+++

Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
2501 posts
699 upvotes
Kingston
We buy from an online site that ships the product from Australia, I think it's petmeds , it's pretty cheap that way. Also, I wouldn't keep a partially sealed tube of this in a fridge along with your food just because of the risk of contamination, no matter how slight. You do not want to ingest this stuff. It's actually a shame that it's so effective (with few alternatives) as the active ingredient really is quite noxious so make sure you apply it properly too.
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
2229 posts
708 upvotes
Beautiful B.C.
JC69 wrote:
Sep 18th, 2016 10:36 pm
I wouldn't keep a partially sealed tube of this in a fridge along with your food just because of the risk of contamination, no matter how slight. You do not want to ingest this stuff. It's actually a shame that it's so effective (with few alternatives) as the active ingredient really is quite noxious so make sure you apply it properly too.
We had concerns about keeping the tube in the fridge also. Our solution was -- firstly -- to drip melted wax over the opening to seal it. And then put it in one of those little pill containers with the snap lid that you get with pills from a pharmacy. We felt quite secure with it in the fridge after following these steps.
"You tell everybody. Listen to me, Hatcher. You've gotta tell them! Beyond Meat is people! We've gotta stop them somehow!"
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
3168 posts
915 upvotes
BC
Syne wrote:
Sep 17th, 2016 12:39 pm
That's exactly what I did TheHans. I would also like to report that http://www.thepetpharmacist.ca came through with next business day delivery across Ontario and great prices. A+++
You still use these guys? If not who else is out there? I'm not paying my vet's Hawaiian vacation off for some flee drops.
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
2229 posts
708 upvotes
Beautiful B.C.
Please review my post #7. This is what @Syne did besides order at Pet Pharmacist. The savings are in where you buy it from, but also in buying the largest size for large dogs and using the proper amounts out of those large tubes on smaller animals. Just please be careful to use the correct amount.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
3168 posts
915 upvotes
BC
TheHans wrote:
Aug 5th, 2018 3:42 pm
Please review my post #7. This is what @Syne did besides order at Pet Pharmacist. The savings are in where you buy it from, but also in buying the largest size for large dogs and using the proper amounts out of those large tubes on smaller animals. Just please be careful to use the correct amount.
Yep, thanks. I do plan on getting the tubes for enormous dogs and then using an appropriate amount on our small dog and fat cat. I just need an online place that is reputable and cheap(er than my vet). Also most online sources are from Ont and I am in BC so shipping kills the deal a bit.
Apr 18, 2019
1 posts
Just doing a follow up on ThePetPharmacist.ca . Does it seem legit?
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
2991 posts
457 upvotes
Just be certain that the medication is evenly distributed throughout the pills. It isn't always depending on what med your pet is receiving. This applies to humans as well.

We buy our meds directly from our vet.