• Last Updated:
  • Oct 23rd, 2017 9:03 pm
[OP]
Jul 26, 2015
436 posts
238 upvotes
Toronto

Best Pizza in Toronto

I'm a pizza enthusiast and I want to try the best of the best. Haven't seen this type of thread yet so hi. I'm also going to New York City soon so if you know any great places there, be my guest.

I have tried all of the basic places (Hut, Nova, PizzaPizza, Fresh Slice, Dominos, Mamma's, Pizzaiolo etc.) and many of those $4 dollars for a slice and pop places which all taste the same btw. The small places with 3.xx ratings.
46 replies
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
11318 posts
1576 upvotes
Toronto
Give Pizza Park a try! (733 Bloor street west. Bloor & Christie)
Their wings could be better, but the pizza (Pepperoni, mushroom, green pepper) is not bad, and you'd be supporting the little guy!
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2008
4030 posts
330 upvotes
Not the best pizza, but the best pizza slice, King Slice. They have 2 locations, original been around for 30 yrs or something like that. Its about $5 a slice (not including any drink) but its a huge slice, maybe biggest in the city
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2010
4312 posts
348 upvotes
Toronto
playnicee1 wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2017 2:59 pm
Their wings could be better, but the pizza (Pepperoni, mushroom, green pepper) is not bad, and you'd be supporting the little guy!
Not to sound like a jerk but OP is looking for the "best" pizza not just a charity case where he's "supporting the little guy"

meepsheep wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2017 4:01 am
I'm a pizza enthusiast and I want to try the best of the best. Haven't seen this type of thread yet so hi. I'm also going to New York City soon so if you know any great places there, be my guest.
Went to Manhattan last month and has a really good pepperoni slice at Little Italy Pizza located at 7th and 33. It's across the street from Madison Square Garden and around the corner from Hotel Pennsylvania.

I too am interested in this thread since after this trip I've been looking for a spot that makes good New York style pizza.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
11318 posts
1576 upvotes
Toronto
glover78 wrote:
Sep 24th, 2017 11:47 am
Not to sound like a jerk but OP is looking for the "best" pizza not just a charity case where he's "supporting the little guy"
WOW! You must have really thought that pizza place was awful!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
6727 posts
1084 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2017 2:59 pm
Wow, so many one star reviews: https://www.yelp.ca/biz/pizza-park-toronto

This definitely isn't the best pizza in Toronto.
Oct 16, 2007
988 posts
242 upvotes
If you are going to new york then it has to be 2 bros pizza. For here, I like pizza depot the best.
- Insert Something here so you will be able to recoginze me.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
11318 posts
1576 upvotes
Toronto
LNahid2000 wrote:
Sep 25th, 2017 8:33 am
Wow, so many one star reviews: https://www.yelp.ca/biz/pizza-park-toronto

This definitely isn't the best pizza in Toronto.

I honestly don't use Uber, so I'm unable to confirm if they were the problem (one person gave one star because food was delivered through Uber cold)
Another one star because the chicken is awful (as I've already said)
As for the complaint about how much pepperoni or cheese you get, It's a strange thing. Perhaps it's wise to avoid all pizza places that offer both double cheese and extra cheese as a topping. (LOL?)
I didn't find my last pizza order to be too saucy, but I also can not remember how much pepperoni I actually got. (good point!)
The crust was good, and that's also important.
I'll have to give this place another try...hopefully they won't disappoint.

***also, I think another one star poster failed to understand. Maybe they ran out of mushrooms that day, vs not offering mushroom at all.
It's even in their pizza pic: (I think this is a pic that a customer actually took, but I could be wrong) https://www.google.ca/maps/uv?hl=en&pb= ... oioIggEwCg
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
6727 posts
1084 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote:
Sep 25th, 2017 5:46 pm
I honestly don't use Uber, so I'm unable to confirm if they were the problem (one person gave one star because food was delivered through Uber cold)
Another one star because the chicken is awful (as I've already said)
As for the complaint about how much pepperoni or cheese you get, It's a strange thing. Perhaps it's wise to avoid all pizza places that offer both double cheese and extra cheese as a topping. (LOL?)
I didn't find my last pizza order to be too saucy, but I also can not remember how much pepperoni I actually got. (good point!)
The crust was good, and that's also important.
I'll have to give this place another try...hopefully they won't disappoint.

***also, I think another one star poster failed to understand. Maybe they ran out of mushrooms that day, vs not offering mushroom at all.
It's even in their pizza pic: (I think this is a pic that a customer actually took, but I could be wrong) https://www.google.ca/maps/uv?hl=en&pb= ... oioIggEwCg
Why are you defending this place so much when it clearly isn't the best pizza in Toronto?
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
11318 posts
1576 upvotes
Toronto
LNahid2000 wrote:
Sep 25th, 2017 7:40 pm
Why are you defending this place so much when it clearly isn't the best pizza in Toronto?
Because you never once said you've tried it...at least.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
6727 posts
1084 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote:
Sep 25th, 2017 11:48 pm
Because you never once said you've tried it...at least.
Doesn't matter...even you said the pizza was "not bad" which doesn't give me much hope. Definitely won't be trying this place.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2010
4312 posts
348 upvotes
Toronto
KhalidA wrote:
Sep 26th, 2017 12:38 am
I'm guessing you or your family owns this place. LOL
I'm getting that impression to.

Anywho please continue on with the listing of better pizza places. Thanks for the contributions so far.
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
23409 posts
1106 upvotes
Markham, ON
the problem is that you need to buy a whole pizza...not the ready to serve ones and then potentially reheated.

Best pizza is fresh right out of the oven and into your mouth....

at its current state in Toronto...all pizzas straight out of the oven are fairly similar...i find the range pretty tight and I don't ever consider any pizza joints better than the other unfortunately (fresh from the oven).