Fashion & Apparel

Best place to buy basketball shoes in Toronto?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 5th, 2011 8:37 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Oct 19, 2008
392 posts
2 upvotes

Best place to buy basketball shoes in Toronto?

Hi, where can i find good deals on basketball shoes in and around Toronto? Or any online sites that ship to Canada?
16 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2009
1735 posts
164 upvotes
Mississauga
Just goto Champs or foot locker if your looking for shoes to play ball.
If your a shoe head like myself who collects shoes, then check out livestock. But be warned, prices are hella high..especially for j's lol.

I think champs and foot locker is your best bet if your going to use the shoes to play ball. Sometimes they have special sales going on as well such as "buy one get one half off" and such.
Feb 22, 2006
844 posts
1 upvote
Thanks for the SVP post. Never heard of that store before. Definitely going to check it out.
[OP]
Oct 19, 2008
392 posts
2 upvotes
thx for the tips guys :D i find i only shop for shoes at footlocker if i can find a friend who also wants to buy a pair, for the buy 1 get 1 50% off... ill definitely check out svp sports though
Feb 28, 2007
682 posts
28 upvotes
Payless Shoe Store.

The shoe doesn't make you play better
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2006
1196 posts
1 upvote
DeathRazR wrote:
Oct 8th, 2009 10:16 am
Payless Shoe Store.

The shoe doesn't make you play better
but it does help with traction, weight, force absorption, ankle support, and overall comfort...

then again, it's different strokes for different folks,....make sure u buy the correct type of shoe for the type of player you are...if you're a slasher, then get shoes that have lots of ankle support; rely on speed, then get shoes that are light and mobile at the ankle etc...

+1 for SVP Sports...definitely good prices on ball shoes, well all shoes for that matter
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2009
1892 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
ji2o0k wrote:
Oct 7th, 2009 5:29 am
I think Si Vous Play has the best prices for bball shoes.

They carry new stuff at good prices and some of the older stock (like a season ago) can be had for cheap - $60+ and they are good shoes.

But their stores could be far from you, depending on your location.

http://svpsports.ca/
Their selection of colours isn't as good as Champs/Foot Locker
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
18161 posts
1062 upvotes
DJ Dennis wrote:
Oct 8th, 2009 1:37 pm
this is true, esp. for the older stuff....

but for some of the newer stuff (like the Hyperizes), they were carrying more colourways than found in Footlocker/Champs.

I don't really care about the colour. As long as the price is right and it is the same shoe, it is all good by me.
Jul 2, 2006
860 posts
DJ Dennis wrote:
Oct 8th, 2009 1:37 pm
Beggers can't be choosers.
They are cheaper for a reason and some are/were top tier shoe. With the wide selection I'm sure some model in certain colorways will cater to your liking.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1722 posts
67 upvotes
+1 for SVP sports.

i wore my jordan 11s for five years until i absolutely could not wear them anymore. i replaced the insoles a few times. those shoes never touched the outdoor ground. i bought them at foot locker. i switched to lebrons, but kept them only for a few years (laces were messed up). now i'm using the hyperdunks, and after a year i feel like i have to switch again. the heel cushion isn't as soft and the laces are getting torn up. maybe it's just me, but nike shoe quality seems to be dropping.

if you can, go to the states to buy your shoes. you can also try them on in a store here in canada and buy it off eastbay.
Jul 2, 2006
860 posts
comicbookguy wrote:
Oct 8th, 2009 5:20 pm
+1 for SVP sports.

i wore my jordan 11s for five years until i absolutely could not wear them anymore. i replaced the insoles a few times. those shoes never touched the outdoor ground. i bought them at foot locker. i switched to lebrons, but kept them only for a few years (laces were messed up). now i'm using the hyperdunks, and after a year i feel like i have to switch again. the heel cushion isn't as soft and the laces are getting torn up. maybe it's just me, but nike shoe quality seems to be dropping.

if you can, go to the states to buy your shoes. you can also try them on in a store here in canada and buy it off eastbay.
its not you, its true.
the quality on jordan retros have been trash, albeit some better ones.
and yeah your hyperdunk probably "bottomed out" since the lunar foam they use aren't that durable.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1722 posts
67 upvotes
tm10 wrote:
Oct 8th, 2009 8:56 pm
its not you, its true.
the quality on jordan retros have been trash, albeit some better ones.
and yeah your hyperdunk probably "bottomed out" since the lunar foam they use aren't that durable.
it's such a weird coincidence that you mentioned this. i was playing in a tournament last weekend, and five minutes into the game, i felt the bottom of my left heel sink into the heel of the shoe. it felt like there was a hole in the bottom. after the game, i took the shoe off and the foam was all cracked.

do you guys know if i can return this to nike? i'm fortunate enough to get team shoes this weekend, but i'm really disappointed that my hyperdunks only lasted a little over a year.
Feb 4, 2011
2 posts
toronto
comicbookguy wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2009 3:02 pm
it's such a weird coincidence that you mentioned this. i was playing in a tournament last weekend, and five minutes into the game, i felt the bottom of my left heel sink into the heel of the shoe. it felt like there was a hole in the bottom. after the game, i took the shoe off and the foam was all cracked.

do you guys know if i can return this to nike? i'm fortunate enough to get team shoes this weekend, but i'm really disappointed that my hyperdunks only lasted a little over a year.

did u just ask if u can return the broken shoes after you used them for a year? LOl
Oct 1, 2007
277 posts
51 upvotes
Nike at Vaughan Mills. If you get lucky, you get REAL LUCKY. I got hyperdunks for 40 and kobe IV's for 60 once.
× < >