None
[OP]
Banned
Mar 2, 2011
5476 posts
252 upvotes
Toronto

Best Place To Buy Fireworks

I am looking to buy some fireworks for Victoria Day, I live in Brampton and the closest places are Phatboy Fireworks, Kaboom and Ultimate Fireworks, has anyone had any experience with them and which one would be the best in terms of pricing and quality
8 replies
Oct 24, 2007
526 posts
240 upvotes
I think Costco sells them, and also Walmart.
Mar 4, 2005
35 posts
3 upvotes
Oakville
I bought the Enemy Territory package from Costco. I figured that when I buy from Costco you get excellent quality but you have to get so much of the product, perfect for fireworks :twisted: I ordered online and it took almost a week via UPS also someone over 18 must sign for them.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
8080 posts
1531 upvotes
Toronto
Although it might be too far for the OP, I usually buy my fireworks at Victory Fireworks in Richmond Hill. They have their warehouse location up there so they have pretty much everything.

I've found Kaboom to be too expensive. Many of their products are the same as other retailers, but relabeled with their name on it.

I tried buying fireworks from the Brampton Costco last year but the csr there told me they weren't allowed to sell them anymore due to by-laws.

Personally I would buy individual cakes and fountains, rather than buying a huge kit loaded with crappy whistlers and roman candles. Roman candles get old and boring, really fast.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
2681 posts
601 upvotes
Go to the group deals forum for RFD's opinion on Phatboy :p

I was in on the WagJag group buy for Phatboy and you can read all about the shittiness of it in that forum :p

The Kaboom Wagjag deal was much better!
Deal Addict
Jul 17, 2009
1110 posts
235 upvotes
go to burger king and flip through he toronto sun they have there. It will list discounts, than go to the places, they only give the discounted prices to the people who know about the sale.
[OP]
Banned
Mar 2, 2011
5476 posts
252 upvotes
Toronto
I ended up buying my fireworks at Phatboy after a recommendation from a family member, the experience was good except they marked up the prices on the ads of some fireworks by an extra dollar or two in store which I didnt like and I couldnt buy everything I wanted
I did find that they had a good selection of fireworks and almost everything I was looking for except mortars and mines and they did throw in some free air bombs with my purchase
As for Kaboom I have purchased from them in the past but they are much more expensive and I dont like to buy the packages from stores because most of those fireworks arent that good. For Victory Fireworks do they have any locations in Brampton because I like their selection and prices
Thanks everyone for your help, for Canada Day I will probably try somewhere else to buy fireworks
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
8080 posts
1531 upvotes
Toronto
Hitman21 wrote:
May 22nd, 2011 3:26 pm
I ended up buying my fireworks at Phatboy after a recommendation from a family member, the experience was good except they marked up the prices on the ads of some fireworks by an extra dollar or two in store which I didnt like and I couldnt buy everything I wanted
I did find that they had a good selection of fireworks and almost everything I was looking for except mortars and mines and they did throw in some free air bombs with my purchase
As for Kaboom I have purchased from them in the past but they are much more expensive and I dont like to buy the packages from stores because most of those fireworks arent that good. For Victory Fireworks do they have any locations in Brampton because I like their selection and prices
Thanks everyone for your help, for Canada Day I will probably try somewhere else to buy fireworks

Victory only has their location in Richmond Hill. If you don't live close to their warehouse and just buying a few fireworks, then you're better off just spending the extra $1 or $2 per firework and buying local.