• Last Updated:
  • Jan 31st, 2018 12:08 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2955 posts
2491 upvotes
Scarborough

Best place to get cabinet hardware/handles

I’m looking for the best place to buy non-cheaply made cabinet handles. Is there a clearance center, or a warehouse where the contractors go? Im looking for better brands, maybe Richelieu or something. Hoping to match GE profile fridge/range/dishwasher handles.

Any suggestions aside from the overpriced kitchen one stop shops?

Thanks rfd’ers
7 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2008
13006 posts
10008 upvotes
Edmonton
We bought our handles from Top Knobs. Basically, we picked out the ones we liked, and the website listed the re-sellers in the area. We talked to one of them, and they were able to get them for the price on the website (which was in USD, so we got a 30% discount) plus a $50 shipping charge. Saved us a ton of money, and we're really happy with the handles.

We went with the Brixton handles, in 5", 8", and 12" sizes.

Website is here:
https://www.topknobs.com/

C
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2955 posts
2491 upvotes
Scarborough
CNeufeld wrote: We bought our handles from Top Knobs. Basically, we picked out the ones we liked, and the website listed the re-sellers in the area. We talked to one of them, and they were able to get them for the price on the website (which was in USD, so we got a 30% discount) plus a $50 shipping charge. Saved us a ton of money, and we're really happy with the handles.

We went with the Brixton handles, in 5", 8", and 12" sizes.

Website is here:
https://www.topknobs.com/

C
Thanks, I’ll check these guys out
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2955 posts
2491 upvotes
Scarborough
skinnydoggy wrote: They may have a great selection, but their prices are usually stupid high.
Huh, I take it back, their prices aren’t horrible actually, thanks
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2014
2892 posts
2228 upvotes
Just Moved To Somewh…
^^^^^ Not only the above but Lee Valley is the only store I have come across that actually gives you back the difference in price should their price go down in the following 6 months. All without asking.
#1 - “Don’t irritate old people. The older they get, the less “Life in prison” is a deterrent."
#2 - Are you a Sexual Intellect? /S - What you post in this thread may determine that.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27754 posts
27759 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
skinnydoggy wrote: They may have a great selection, but their prices are usually stupid high.
skinnydoggy wrote: Huh, I take it back, their prices aren’t horrible actually, thanks
Good to see you changed your mind / post

Cause Lee Valley has had a long standing reputation as a Cdn Company with QUALITY Products at fair pricing ... and as @rcmpvet added excellent Customer Service

MIND BOGGLING how much stuff they carry... and easy to forget they are out there.
Great resource for Hardware - Woodworking - Tools - Gardening - Gifts etc

They started out as a mail order company... but they now have B&M stores too

And have now become an INTERNATIONAL AWARD WINNING CANADIAN Co.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)