Tags:
[OP]
Aug 28, 2007
789 posts
303 upvotes
Vancouver

Best place to get a dog?

Hi everyone,

My wife and I are looking at getting a dog. We've been looking on Kijiji but we were also wondering if there were any other sites we could use?

We are looking at a hypoallergenic dog so something like a Yorkie mix.

Thanks!

Edit: Forgot to mention we are in Toronto!
Last edited by ForbiddenX on Nov 1st, 2016 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
9 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2011
1124 posts
708 upvotes
British Columbia
Kijiji is the easy way to get a dog from a backyard breeder that likely is charging a ton of money and doesn't ask any questions.

https://www.paws.org/get-involved/take- ... ppy-mills/

There is a link to one of numerous sites that go over the issues with supporting sites like Kijiji. Go to a shelter or a responsible breeder.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2009
5153 posts
679 upvotes
South of Ottawa
There is no such thing as a hypoallergenic dog. Anyone who advertises that is lying.

There are yorkies and mixes in the Toronto area on petfinder
Yorkies within 100 miles
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2009
1894 posts
537 upvotes
Markham
Rescue.....adopt??
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2011
1124 posts
708 upvotes
British Columbia
chevalier2014 wrote:
Nov 1st, 2016 7:54 pm
Where can get the sushi inu puppy? it looks so cut and smart.Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Uh. I imagine you mean Shiba Inu. The breed is not the greatest personality-wise... I can't count the number of people that buy this breed for all the wrong reasons and are in over their heads.
Banned
Oct 25, 2016
46 posts
2 upvotes
Yes, it is shiba inu. I was totaly attracted by it first time when I saw it on the street. It looks smile always. Actually, I had a husky. So I have some experience for dog. Does Shiba inu is a strong personality?
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
3051 posts
474 upvotes
chevalier2014 wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2016 7:37 am
Yes, it is shiba inu. I was totaly attracted by it first time when I saw it on the street. It looks smile always. Actually, I had a husky. So I have some experience for dog. Does Shiba inu is a strong personality?
Yes, Shiba Inu pups generally have strong personalities - we know a few. But as with any breed, temperaments vary. The most Alpha dog we ever had (and how I miss him) was a 10 lb. mini Dachshund - who loved his Mommy.

We have an Eskie - talk about smiles - but like the Husky breed they are not for everyone. Also, choosing a dog breed based on looks is never a good reason to buy a pup - just pointing that out.
Banned
Oct 25, 2016
46 posts
2 upvotes
You right. I think I need to search more information about them before I get one.