Cell Phones

Best Place to Get the Galaxy S3 without Contract?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 24th, 2012 1:50 am
Tags:
None
Aug 6, 2012
89 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto

Best Place to Get the Galaxy S3 without Contract?

I am very tempted to go with the Wind $29 Unlimited plan since both my home and work place have acceptable signal and I don't go outside of Toronto much. However, i really don't want to pay $199 and have that tab for 3 years. I did some research and Mobilicity has S3 for $499 right now which is not bad consider I can switch from my Wind $40 plan to $29 plan (I'm still within 15 days of getting the S3).

Is there any other deals going on better than the Mobilicity one for buying one without the contract? or maybe wait for boxing day?

Thanks in advance for all the help!
7 replies
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
15179 posts
759 upvotes
Woodbridge
There's an S3 on kijiji for $425 Wind.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Expert
Sep 3, 2007
15908 posts
354 upvotes
bembol wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 5:49 pm
Word. Bst/kijiji/cl has cheaper deals if you want to cop the aws s3
[OP]
Aug 6, 2012
89 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
bembol wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 5:49 pm
Is this a 2nd hand or a store? The cheapest one I find on kijiji in a store is $475 from a Mobolicity branch.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
15179 posts
759 upvotes
Woodbridge
Contact the seller/link. As for being legit, I can't answer that. It's the risk you take to save money.

Read the kijiji thread and their tips of bying/selling. It's just common sense, being smart about it.

If it's sealed, you have the right to open it, unless it's in pieces, not working or a brick inside you commit to buy it. I never buy used but when I sell something I insist the buyer to inspect and try it making sure they are happy after all once we exchange it's final.

BTW, be safe meet in a public place. I usually meet up at Starbucks or Yorkdale Mall.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
× < >