Automotive

best place in GTA to tint car windows...

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 11th, 2020 11:31 am
Tags:
Banned
Jun 22, 2009
704 posts
7 upvotes
Gotham City

best place in GTA to tint car windows...

does anyone know where the best place is to tint your car windows?

Secondly, how much tint should I get? is 35% too dark at night? or should I go somewhere around 40%-50%? What type of tint material should I get? What's the average price of tinting windows?

Lots of questions since I know little about tinting windows.
47 replies
Jun 18, 2006
364 posts
43 upvotes
audio heaven or autolinks in the gta. audio heaven is usually 199+tax regular and autolinks usually has a rfd discount..don't remember the price off top of head (search for thread). 35% imo is way too light, but it also depends on ur take on it.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2007
2543 posts
42 upvotes
GTA
This topic has been discussed many times, use the search feature.
<signature exceeds allowable length>
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2005
1144 posts
Oakville, ON
onecoolloser wrote: This topic has been discussed many times, use the search feature.
There are only two threads on this topic when I search this section of the forum.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
52937 posts
18145 upvotes
ONTARIO
35% is perfect for me.
I got 35% all around...
It has the perfect balance of privacy, and glare protection.
I can still see perfectly fine @ night.

20% is when it starts to get really dark.... Dark enough where people have trouble seeing inside your car. It also lowers visibility @ night.

I have 20% for my front windshield sun visor. When i look out of it at night, stuff looks really dark! So I can't imagine all my windows being 20%... it would probably suck... for me @ least. Some people put up with the darkness to look gangsta.
I kind of wished i did something super dark like 5% with my sun visor.

In my opinion... 35% is a good balance between privacy, sun protection, and good visibility.

Your car will still look good with 35%! My windows are noticably darker. You can tell its a "tinted" car.
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2005
10111 posts
1966 upvotes
Toronto
If you've never had tint in a car before, go 35% all windows. Then you're next car, you'll want darker.

Audio heaven - tinted 3 of my cars. Always went back to Jeff. Also got Compustar Alarms from him as well.

Also, if you are ever stopped by Police for something else, 35% will have no problems, 20% will get them asking you for reasons.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21223 posts
5939 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
A Ram wrote: There are only two threads on this topic when I search this section of the forum.
Click on the tint tag I added to the top of this thread to get many other related threads.
- casual gastronomist -
Deal Fanatic
Sep 2, 2006
6354 posts
1013 upvotes
Toronto, ON
35% is too light imho. If you have an auto dimming mirror, then go as dark as possible (not limo, the one above that) for the rear, and the next one up for the front.

35 for the front is fine.

From my understanding:

GTA North West
- Lazer Tint, Woodbridge - Lazertint.ca

Scarborough
- Auto-Links, Scarborough (same stuff as lazertint)

Markham
- Audio Heaven, Markham (16th & Leslie)
--
I like detailing cars!
Mar 22, 2010
98 posts
1 upvote
35 is not dark at all , Im getting sub 17% on my other car.

For all the people saying Audio heaven , they are good but they dont use the SolarGuard that they advertise that they do ....

...Op it would be good if you told us where you live because there are tint places all over the GTA
Banned
Jun 22, 2009
704 posts
7 upvotes
Gotham City
maxterror wrote: 35 is not dark at all , Im getting sub 17% on my other car.

For all the people saying Audio heaven , they are good but they dont use the SolarGuard that they advertise that they do ....

...Op it would be good if you told us where you live because there are tint places all over the GTA
I live near yonge and finch area. I don't mind going anywhere. I just want someone who is competent with tinting windows and the tint won't form bubbles after a while.

I am really afraid of having difficulty seeing at night. what would be the difference in night driving between 50%, 38% and 35%?

What kind of tint materials should i get?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 2, 2006
6354 posts
1013 upvotes
Toronto, ON
funboi22 wrote: I live near yonge and finch area. I don't mind going anywhere. I just want someone who is competent with tinting windows and the tint won't form bubbles after a while.

I am really afraid of having difficulty seeing at night. what would be the difference in night driving between 50%, 38% and 35%?

What kind of tint materials should i get?
Man up. I've driven a limo tinted car....it's fine. At night, that auto dimming mirror DOES help though.

Uh...go darkest possible (not limo) in the back, the next shade up in the front.

USUALLY, that's 15-18/20-30 rear/front.

As for materials, ceramic tint, dyed tint, it's all good. Try the following brands of tint:
- Formula One tint
- Solar gard tint

Enjoy. Don't get fooled into taking something lighter, (35 all around) you'll be very upset with yourself and talk yourself into thinking "oh, it's fine"
--
I like detailing cars!
Deal Guru
Jul 5, 2001
10109 posts
12727 upvotes
Toronto
Got my car tinted over the weekend @ Auto-Links, John was great, explained everything to me. Recommended!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 19, 2003
5504 posts
690 upvotes
Got 32% all around at Thornhill Tints. Highly recommended.
This space for rent.
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2005
2649 posts
48 upvotes
Bay Area
9394 wrote: Got my car tinted over the weekend @ Auto-Links, John was great, explained everything to me. Recommended!
15% all around this past Friday at auto-links.

A+ recommendation from me (They've got a comfy lounge area too!)
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2005
1144 posts
Oakville, ON
Who has experience with tinting by Krown Lakeshore? I've only heard good things about this place on RFD regarding rust-proofing, but I haven't read anything about tinting. They're probably good, considering how much people love this place, but still some feedback would be nice.
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2005
10111 posts
1966 upvotes
Toronto
andrew2good4u wrote: 15% all around this past Friday at auto-links.

A+ recommendation from me (They've got a comfy lounge area too!)
15% ? wow, that's crazy dark.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2008
1025 posts
15 upvotes
rfdrfd wrote: 15% ? wow, that's crazy dark.
thelefteyeguy wrote: yup...very likely to get pulled over :o
Actually it's not that dark. I had Pinnacle 15 installed all around by Auto-Links. It's definitely noticeably darker then a 35% tint but I still don't have a problem seeing in the front windows during the day. The light coming through the windshield makes it easier to see in. At night it's definitely harder to see in, but turning on the map lights is enough to give a nice clear view into the front seats.

So far so good with police as well. Not even a second look from any of the ones I've seen.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)