Off Topic Archive

Locked: Best place to meet/pick up girls

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 20th, 2007 11:25 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Moderator
User avatar
Jul 5, 2004
22804 posts
2543 upvotes

Best place to meet/pick up girls

If you had to list some of the best and worst places to meet/pick up girls/women, what would they be? Keep in mind, when I say meet/pick up I mean girls who you aren't friends with first. So unless you go home with your co-workers the first time you meet them, don't say work.

I say girls/women because there's a huge majority of men on this site.


Best:

-Grocery Store (so easy, it's by far #1 on my list)
-Clothing stores (very easy to start a conversation, perfect place for compliments)
-Beach (Asking them to join you in frisbee is a perfect first line)
-Pubs/sports bars (sit down places)


Worst:

-Gym (next to impossible, it's frowned upon to even try)
-Nightclub (I've had some luck, but the music is just too loud to have a conversation)
-Mall (Excluding clothing stores, otherwise, it's too hard to start up a conversation)


ps. I don't necessarily mean this question in a sexual way. Interpret it as you wish, either for dating or sexual purposes.
Toronto Maple Leafs tickets for sale. PM me for details
Share:
33 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 2, 2007
2797 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
I disagree with the nightclub comment, its a pretty good place to pick up girls
1. Because dancing is involved
2. Because there is alcohol

House parties are also really good

Drunk girls FTW :lol:
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 18, 2007
1939 posts
34 upvotes
I've never picked up a girl in a public place that I've never met before. I don't know, the thought of rejection, and getting slapped scares the bejeezus out of me.
LIFE IS PURE GENERATED EMOTION
Deal Guru
User avatar
Dec 3, 2003
14353 posts
104 upvotes
Mississauga
Phr3sh wrote:
Feb 18th, 2007 6:20 pm
I disagree with the nightclub comment, its a pretty good place to pick up girls
1. Because dancing is involved
2. Because there is alcohol

House parties are also really good

Drunk girls FTW :lol:
Whats FTW?
Heatware 47-0

"Giving money to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
May 28, 2002
8285 posts
93 upvotes
Kitchener
Alcoholics Anonymous meetings= bad, unless your name is Najjibs.
Stop supporting monopolistic companies like Bell and Rogers if you want positive change in the Canadian telecommunications industry.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 2, 2006
1023 posts
6 upvotes
mlc2000 wrote:
Feb 18th, 2007 6:49 pm
Whats FTW?
for the win
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 22, 2004
2535 posts
77 upvotes
Gym works for me... but you want to catch them BEFORE they get sweaty.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 7, 2006
13932 posts
75 upvotes
Kuala Lumpur, MY
alv077 wrote:
Feb 18th, 2007 7:00 pm
Gym works for me... but you want to catch them BEFORE they get sweaty.
LOL what if they're super duper hot :lol:
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 22, 2004
2535 posts
77 upvotes
skyblue12 wrote:
Feb 18th, 2007 7:04 pm
LOL what if they're super duper hot :lol:
ask her if she wants to save water with you? *refer to the pic on the left*
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 2, 2007
2797 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
alv077 wrote:
Feb 18th, 2007 7:00 pm
Gym works for me... but you want to catch them BEFORE they get sweaty.
the sweatier the better
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 10, 2004
2173 posts
8 upvotes
college and university.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 1, 2003
19223 posts
921 upvotes
hyperion wrote:
Feb 18th, 2007 6:50 pm
Alcoholics Anonymous meetings= bad, unless your name is Najjibs.
I don't drink too often.

In any case, I'm sure it would be a better place instead of picking up 'chicks with d!cks' at some gay bar that you probably frequently visit on Church St, Hyperion :lol:

Best place I've found to pick up chicks is at house parties. Lavalife is great too, especially if you have a webcam :twisted:
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
16087 posts
508 upvotes
Oak Ridges, ON
mlc2000 wrote:
Feb 18th, 2007 6:49 pm
Whats FTW?
F*ck The What?
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
16087 posts
508 upvotes
Oak Ridges, ON
keanefan wrote:
Feb 18th, 2007 6:54 pm
apparently, STRIP CLUB is a good place to meet women and your future wife
You're hilarious.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jun 28, 2004
10349 posts
7 upvotes
Gotta agree with Shaner about nightclubs.. too loud to strike up a conversation with anyone.. even yelling almost right into someone's ear - still hard to hear. Too bad, b/c there are usually lots of hawt girls..
So long. I'm outta here.

Top