None
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
3265 posts
334 upvotes
Richmond Hill
RedLego wrote:
Nov 12th, 2016 7:40 pm
I have been to HK Hair Designs. They mainly work with shorter hair, so if you are looking for a shave, fade and what not you can't go wrong.
Haven't really seen them work on mid -long hair
Looks like they raised their 10$ cut to 18$. Unbelievable. They are good but not great. Where are you getting your haircut nowadays? I'm looking to switch. RIP to them.
If you like me, i will like you back, on this forum
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2011
5500 posts
900 upvotes
aGincourt
East of Warden and Sheppard, $8 for a dry haircut. Asian women barbers so they are familiar with Asian hair. Always get my SS touched up there
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2005
4118 posts
425 upvotes
lol. I've cutting my own hair for the last few years. I feel totally free. lol.

Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
3265 posts
334 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Jimboski wrote:
Dec 24th, 2016 2:52 pm
What a huge jump in pricing wtf lol.
unless they throw in a wash along with another (like hot towel), they will be closing down by Feb. The reason people went was their 10$ cuts - that's it.. Best of luck to them cux they'll need every bit of it.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
3265 posts
334 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Swswswish wrote:
Dec 24th, 2016 12:49 am
East of Warden and Sheppard, $8 for a dry haircut. Asian women barbers so they are familiar with Asian hair. Always get my SS touched up there
actual barbers or just 'stylists'?
Dec 28, 2009
857 posts
35 upvotes
yesstyle wrote:
Dec 24th, 2016 12:36 am
Looks like they raised their 10$ cut to 18$. Unbelievable. They are good but not great. Where are you getting your haircut nowadays? I'm looking to switch. RIP to them.

WOW just WOW, 18 bucks for a dry haircut?
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
15899 posts
1812 upvotes
Any place in Richmond Hill or Markham closer to 404? I'm looking for a place - Great Clips (both locations on Major Mac) has been a disaster as well as Pat’s Men’s Hairstylists and Barber Shop on Yonge. Pat's isn't too familiar with Asian hair and they keep cutting it TOO SHORT.

All I'm looking for is a boring comb over haircut - seems like that is too much to ask for these days.

I used to have no problems when I had a regular barber - but both guys I used have quit the biz and I've been struggling to find a replacement the last 2 years.

I really don't mind paying (up to $25 - 30) ... as long as the place is consistent and provides a decent haircut!
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
3265 posts
334 upvotes
Richmond Hill
bondjames wrote:
Dec 24th, 2016 7:43 pm
yup,,,and they didn't do anything extra to justify the huge price increase. Same old

They didn't even bother to put any styling products at the end.
Dec 28, 2009
857 posts
35 upvotes
coolspot wrote:
Dec 24th, 2016 9:04 pm
Any place in Richmond Hill or Markham closer to 404? I'm looking for a place - Great Clips (both locations on Major Mac) has been a disaster as well as Pat’s Men’s Hairstylists and Barber Shop on Yonge. Pat's isn't too familiar with Asian hair and they keep cutting it TOO SHORT.

All I'm looking for is a boring comb over haircut - seems like that is too much to ask for these days.

I used to have no problems when I had a regular barber - but both guys I used have quit the biz and I've been struggling to find a replacement the last 2 years.

I really don't mind paying (up to $25 - 30) ... as long as the place is consistent and provides a decent haircut!
I recommend going to little down south and come down to Scarborough there is a still a lot of 10 bucks haircut place.
Nov 10, 2016
9 posts
1 upvote
yesstyle wrote:
Dec 24th, 2016 12:36 am
We are terribly sorry to lose your business yesstyle. In order to keep up with our industry's standards, we must set our prices accordingly based on our demand. Even though you do not believe that we are worth $18, there are people that will disagree with you. If you are looking for a place that will suit your budget, We are sure that you will find a place that will better suit your needs. Alleviating a lesser paying demographic will allow us to focus on the people that do see the value in our services.
Last edited by samchu9418 on Dec 25th, 2016 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 10, 2016
9 posts
1 upvote
yesstyle wrote:
Dec 24th, 2016 5:14 pm
unless they throw in a wash along with another (like hot towel), they will be closing down by Feb. The reason people went was their 10$ cuts - that's it.. Best of luck to them cux they'll need every bit of it.
We will be just fine past February yesstyle, thank you for your concern. All the best to you as well.
Nov 10, 2016
9 posts
1 upvote
bondjames wrote:
Dec 24th, 2016 7:43 pm
There are many places that charge $25 to $35 for just a dry haircut. It really depends on if you feel like it is worth it. What you do not understand is that you are dealing with a service and not a product where you can find the exact same thing in various places.
Nov 10, 2016
9 posts
1 upvote
yesstyle wrote:
Dec 25th, 2016 12:24 am
yup,,,and they didn't do anything extra to justify the huge price increase. Same old

They didn't even bother to put any styling products at the end.
yesstyle if you wanted product, you could have simply just asked. Again, all the best to you.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2003
7551 posts
398 upvotes
Scarborough
If they raised the price that much, do you tip them?
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel