• Mar 23rd, 2017 1:48 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 28, 2009
855 posts
35 upvotes
Zewo wrote:
Jan 30th, 2017 11:50 am
Very happy with my cut from Gondola Hair Design. $11 for a cut, which is a lot cheaper than what I was paying before.

https://www.yelp.ca/biz/gondola-hair-design-scarborough

Only "downside" would be that they seem quite busy. I actually tried to schedule an appointment the weekend before, but I wasn't able to get a (weekend) slot until just yesterday.
11 cash price including tax?

Is it dry cut?
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2015
1669 posts
356 upvotes
Unionville, ON
Recently went to Stark's Barber Company (yes, winter is coming..)

http://starksbarbercompany.com/index.php/menu

Was pleasantly surprised by the quality and service, as I usually go for cheapie cuts under $15. Went with the express service and wife was happy with the cut as was I.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
3182 posts
312 upvotes
Richmond Hill
JKKim2983 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 2:27 pm
Recently went to Stark's Barber Company (yes, winter is coming..)

http://starksbarbercompany.com/index.php/menu

Was pleasantly surprised by the quality and service, as I usually go for cheapie cuts under $15. Went with the express service and wife was happy with the cut as was I.
if you are ever in the Bloor-Yonge area and it looking for a barber, i recommend Uptown Barbershop - $20 for a very nice cut.
If you like me, i will like you back, on this forum
Nov 23, 2008
265 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
bondjames wrote:
Mar 12th, 2017 8:12 am
11 cash price including tax?

Is it dry cut?
Yeah, $11 tax-in.

I googled what dry cut is, and I'm not sure if it is a true 'dry cut'. It's $11 (tax-in) for a cut only, no wash. They'll spray with water if necessary?
Dec 28, 2009
855 posts
35 upvotes
Zewo wrote:
Mar 14th, 2017 8:31 am
Yeah, $11 tax-in.

I googled what dry cut is, and I'm not sure if it is a true 'dry cut'. It's $11 (tax-in) for a cut only, no wash. They'll spray with water if necessary?
Who do you recommend there to do men Undercut?
Nov 23, 2008
265 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
bondjames wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 7:04 am
I've only gone twice so far, and I've had Andy both times, and I've been happy with my cut so I guess Andy? I have no basis for comparison here really.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
3182 posts
312 upvotes
Richmond Hill
bondjames wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 7:04 am
for that, you need a barber, not a stylist
Dec 28, 2009
855 posts
35 upvotes
yesstyle wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 11:16 am
for that, you need a barber, not a stylist
I've gone to both before a lot of people seem to struggle to cut undercut properly.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
3182 posts
312 upvotes
Richmond Hill
bondjames wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 7:10 am
I've gone to both before a lot of people seem to struggle to cut undercut properly.
that's weird, because undercuts are a barber's thing. Which one did you go to?

the one i go to uses like 5 different trimmers to do mine and it was $20. Excellent stuff.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2010
1789 posts
429 upvotes
Toronto
lightning_king2000 wrote:
Aug 25th, 2006 7:45 pm
Well I just came back from SuperCuts with another disaster and Im tired of the inconsistency there. Sometimes it would be ok, even good- other times completely horrible.

Im an asian guy and its so hard to find a place to get a decent cut that is not $20 at the mall (and they do a good job but I cant afford it). I dont want the 'fobby'-cut that some asian places give- and some cant speak english and my cantonese is not great at all. Any recommendations for places that give a good cut that is cheap & around Markham? Thanks.
If you live with someone, and you have an ounce of trust in them, chances are they can cut your hair quickly and easily with a trimmer. They come with many adapters that can easily cut it percisely and take almost no skill to use. If you want a certain style then check blog to where it might be worth driving further to get it otherwise if you want something basic, just get someone else like a friend to do it.

It'll set you back 30-40 bucks but in the long run it'll save you a lot
That's not a knife!
Jun 2, 2016
6 posts
2 upvotes
if you can't speak cantonese (like me, i don't know how to describe), just buy a book with the latest styles and just point a picture. I get fob cuts so I buy japanese hair style books. They've always helped me :D

This algorithm doesn't work always.Last time I asked color like http://newaylook.com/best-honey-blonde-hair-ideas/ and got dirty blonde((.

My bf recommend the Barber Lounge on Markham
I can honestly say it was the best 17$ haircut, that he got. " Meticulous is an understatement. They straight razored the back of my neck with hot lather. Super cool guys, great atmosphere and very willing to please the customer"(c)
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
3182 posts
312 upvotes
Richmond Hill
stream26 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 2:54 am
This algorithm doesn't work always.Last time I asked color like http://newaylook.com/best-honey-blonde-hair-ideas/ and got dirty blonde((.

My bf recommend the Barber Lounge on Markham
I can honestly say it was the best 17$ haircut, that he got. " Meticulous is an understatement. They straight razored the back of my neck with hot lather. Super cool guys, great atmosphere and very willing to please the customer"(c)
17$ for a full cut? That's a great price! Any catch? i don't expect there to be a wash...
Dec 28, 2009
855 posts
35 upvotes
yesstyle wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 2:00 pm
that's weird, because undercuts are a barber's thing. Which one did you go to?

the one i go to uses like 5 different trimmers to do mine and it was $20. Excellent stuff.
Few places random in China Town and few places near agentcourt mall. Epic fail most of the time.
Nov 18, 2015
227 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto, ON
samchu9418 wrote:
Dec 25th, 2016 8:34 pm
There are many places that charge $25 to $35 for just a dry haircut. It really depends on if you feel like it is worth it. What you do not understand is that you are dealing with a service and not a product where you can find the exact same thing in various places.
I'm replying to this thread because it seems like you are in some way affiliated with HK Hair Design...

I used to get my hair cut at Starks but decided to give this place a try since it's half the price.....but the experience has just been really unpleasant each time (i've been here twice)

I've called before and you do not accept appointments on weekends. So i get there a little before the place opens and i'm about 3 or 4th in line (both times). A few other barbers begin to trickle in...and they start working on the people waiting in line, including myself. Here is where i start to feel uncomfortable because this has happened BOTH times (probably the time of day i'm coming)... as the guy is cutting my hair the owner or manager starts yelling at him because he's late.. asks him questions on "whether he wants to work or not, is whatever you were doing more important than showing up on time" etc.

I really think it's unprofessional to yell at your workers in front of customers and especially when they are in the middle of working on a client. My hair cut was half-assed (guy was probably pissed he was getting yelled at)...i didn't even notice the back of my head did not have an even fade until i went home and my wife commented on it. I asked for gel or product to style my hair after the cut and the guy said he had none.

I think i'm going to head back to Starks. You really can't compare the level of service. I make an appointment online, and walk in and am seated within 5 minutes. Each time it's a thorough and well done cut
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
3182 posts
312 upvotes
Richmond Hill
KendrickStone wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2017 11:54 am
I'm replying to this thread because it seems like you are in some way affiliated with HK Hair Design...

I used to get my hair cut at Starks but decided to give this place a try since it's half the price.....but the experience has just been really unpleasant each time (i've been here twice)

I've called before and you do not accept appointments on weekends. So i get there a little before the place opens and i'm about 3 or 4th in line (both times). A few other barbers begin to trickle in...and they start working on the people waiting in line, including myself. Here is where i start to feel uncomfortable because this has happened BOTH times (probably the time of day i'm coming)... as the guy is cutting my hair the owner or manager starts yelling at him because he's late.. asks him questions on "whether he wants to work or not, is whatever you were doing more important than showing up on time" etc.

I really think it's unprofessional to yell at your workers in front of customers and especially when they are in the middle of working on a client. My hair cut was half-assed (guy was probably pissed he was getting yelled at)...i didn't even notice the back of my head did not have an even fade until i went home and my wife commented on it. I asked for gel or product to style my hair after the cut and the guy said he had none.

I think i'm going to head back to Starks. You really can't compare the level of service. I make an appointment online, and walk in and am seated within 5 minutes. Each time it's a thorough and well done cut
so true and they had the gall to increase their price by 80%. Amateur barbers if you asked me. :rolleyes:
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel