Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2003
1874 posts
241 upvotes
Toronto

Best place for pant hemming

Any suggestions for reasonably-priced, quality pant hemming in the GTA? I'm sick of doing my own! > :(
12 replies
Dec 8, 2003
42 posts
Ontario
I'm looking for this too. What is a reasonable price for pant hemming downtown?
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2003
1879 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
I just get it done at any tailoring place I pass by in the malls when I buy pants.

The general price is about $8-10.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2004
1961 posts
135 upvotes
I go to a place in the Lawrence Square mall (Lawrence and Allen Rd.) and it's only $4.99 ($10 if you want original hem :( ). I've had tons of pants done by them and I trust them completely (that they won't do it wrong).
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2003
1874 posts
241 upvotes
Toronto
girlstar wrote:
Oct 16th, 2006 7:54 pm
I go to a place in the Lawrence Square mall (Lawrence and Allen Rd.) and it's only $4.99 ($10 if you want original hem :( ). I've had tons of pants done by them and I trust them completely (that they won't do it wrong).
Thanks, now THAT's the kind of pricing I'm looking for! :D What do you mean by "original hem"?
Oct 27, 2004
162 posts
$5 inside eglinton station (yonge line), the store is where the buses are, also does drycleaning. $15 for original hem, but they do it pretty darn well...
Original hem is for jeans - they cut off the original hem, chop the jeans off to the right length, and sew the hem back on. If you have never hemmed your jeans that way, try it next time, they will look soooo much better!
Jul 2, 2003
918 posts
I always thought Euro hem was where they keep the original bottom of the jeans? Oh well, learn something new everyday :)

That is a pretty good price and you should definitely do Original/Euro hem, pants just look weird if you don't lol
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
2882 posts
133 upvotes
If you're down in Chinatown, in the Chinatown Centre mall, there's a guy I bring my pants to. He's located on the 2nd floor just to the right of the elevators and he sells bags, he alters my pants for $5 and if he's not busy then it's done anywhere from 30-60 minutes.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2004
1961 posts
135 upvotes
Yeah the guy informed me that original hem is Euro hem so the jeans look how they originally came.

If you decide to go there, it's in the back of the mall kind of near Fortinos.
Jun 25, 2009
378 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
Sorry to be ignorant, but when you get your pants hemmed, do you put them on in front of the tailor for them to do measurements, or do you do the measurements before you bring it in?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2003
1874 posts
241 upvotes
Toronto
euges720 wrote:
Jan 14th, 2011 10:07 am
Sorry to be ignorant, but when you get your pants hemmed, do you put them on in front of the tailor for them to do measurements, or do you do the measurements before you bring it in?

Some places allow you to try them on in front of the tailor/seamstress, but I prefer to just do my own measurements at home and tell him/her what I want (e.g., "take off 2 inches please").
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2003
4694 posts
180 upvotes
** bump **

although i want to know a good cheap place for dress pant (not jeans) hemming in downtown Toronto.
Thanks.
:eek:
× < >