Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2006
2061 posts
5 upvotes

Best Place for tire repairs

Hey guys,

I just noticed one of the tires on my van is getting low on air, low and behold i think its punctured, whats the best place to check if its a puncture and then get it patched -- price wize =D

BTW im in AB
Ahh RFD has bled me dry... :(

Biggest score: CT 5% back card, saved me a few thousand :D

World wide coalition against doors; founding member rampage jackson
11 replies
Oct 5, 2005
584 posts
Its a simple process for them, doesn't really matter which place you get it done. Price is between $15 to $20.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2006
2061 posts
5 upvotes
rayner55 wrote:
Nov 6th, 2007 7:15 pm
Its a simple process for them, doesn't really matter which place you get it done. Price is between $15 to $20.
awesome, i took my dads benz in to get done and they charged 55..cheers again

Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2003
4464 posts
166 upvotes
Burnaby
aimfox wrote:
Nov 7th, 2007 9:15 am
at midas oil tube, it cost like $25
Man 25 for a patch? I pay like $7 at my local shop and always thought that was the average price...
Items for Sale:
...nothing for now...

References: eBay Feedback
Apr 23, 2007
913 posts
3 upvotes
Mississauga (centre …
Everything is like cheaper in Lotus Land!
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2005
13266 posts
228 upvotes
Midland
Acuratl wrote:
Nov 6th, 2007 7:39 pm
I guess you have money to burn.
"Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." - US President, Calvin Coolidge
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2002
2101 posts
28 upvotes
Acuratl wrote:
Nov 6th, 2007 7:39 pm
That's probably because they did a proper repair from the inside and took the tire off the rim to do it, and had to re-balance the tire when they were done.

Th $7-$20 repairs are done by reaming out the hole with the tire still on the rim, and inserting a rubber plug. I've had repairs done both ways. The plug failed after two years.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2006
2061 posts
5 upvotes
BartBandy wrote:
Nov 7th, 2007 2:44 pm
That's probably because they did a proper repair from the inside and took the tire off the rim to do it, and had to re-balance the tire when they were done.

Th $7-$20 repairs are done by reaming out the hole with the tire still on the rim, and inserting a rubber plug. I've had repairs done both ways. The plug failed after two years.
Wow, glad to see somebody knowledgable here! cheers again, being a student i think the plug method ftw ! lmfao

Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2003
4464 posts
166 upvotes
Burnaby
BartBandy wrote:
Nov 7th, 2007 2:44 pm

Depending on how old your tires are already, I think I'd rather just do the cheap plug and put the extra cash into brand new tires in two years time. With deals like the recent one from discounttiresdirect, why not.
Items for Sale:
...nothing for now...

References: eBay Feedback
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2002
2101 posts
28 upvotes
Acuratl wrote:
Nov 8th, 2007 10:14 am
Wow, glad to see somebody knowledgable here! cheers again, being a student i think the plug method ftw ! lmfao
No problem.

For the record, the proper repair (patch) cost me ~$35 at Beverly Tire. That $55 charge probably included a $20 "Mercedes Fee". My first plug repair was free at a shop that is owned by a friend. As I said, the tire developed a leak at this repair. I had another plug inserted at Steelcase Tire for ~$10 or $15. For the extra $20, I wish they had done the proper repair, but these A/S tires only have about 2 summers left on them and I don't use them in the winter.
× < >