Tags:
None
[OP]
Jun 19, 2010
165 posts
43 upvotes
Thornhill

Best Price for Whey Isolate

Looking to purchase a 4.4 - 5lb tub of Whey Iso. Not looking to order online though, would rather pick it up in store.
7 replies
Sep 5, 2012
13 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
i was at bulldog this weekend and they had diesel iso 5lb for $69, they have stores in vaughan and richmond hill
Dec 3, 2013
256 posts
39 upvotes
When it comes to whey I don't cheap out as I find the cheaper it is the worse it tastes. I go to popeyes and get their Bio-x isolate chocolate. Tastes very much like chocolate milk
Nov 3, 2012
257 posts
58 upvotes
Calgary
azn_pnoy wrote:
Jan 20th, 2014 5:45 pm
Costco kaizen whey isolate
Costco Kaizen Isolate was on sale $38.99 last week, back to regular price $48.99 I believe.
[OP]
Jun 19, 2010
165 posts
43 upvotes
Thornhill
professor24 wrote:
Jan 20th, 2014 5:06 pm
When it comes to whey I don't cheap out as I find the cheaper it is the worse it tastes. I go to popeyes and get their Bio-x isolate chocolate. Tastes very much like chocolate milk
Id rather pay $40 for an ok flavor than $60-70 for a great flavor. It takes 2-5 minutes to drink it, not something you're sipping on all day long
Nov 3, 2012
257 posts
58 upvotes
Calgary
rbaruch wrote:
Jan 20th, 2014 9:08 pm
Id rather pay $40 for an ok flavor than $60-70 for a great flavor. It takes 2-5 minutes to drink it, not something you're sipping on all day long
I couldn't agree more except that I drink mine in 30 secs typically. Like a good RFD'er I generally go for the cheapest protein I can find that's drinkable. I only use Isolate post-workout and Concentrate or Blend all other times. To that end I maintain a current list of the cheapest $ / kg protein I am aware of.

$40 for 5 lb Isolate is tough to find. Walmart had 2 lbs Six Star Isolate (86% protein) for $10.97 a few weeks ago, that's by far the cheapest I've ever come across. Does it have to be Isolate or would a blend that is > 75% protein work for you?

FWIW, London Drugs currently has a blend (81% protein) on sale that I've tried and is probably my favorite cheap vanilla (also in chocolate but I can't recall if I've tried it) for $39.99 for 2kg. And it's lower in cholesterol at 12mg than most blends.

http://www.londondrugs.com/100%25-Whey- ... lt,pd.html
[OP]
Jun 19, 2010
165 posts
43 upvotes
Thornhill
xjljqmzhahipf wrote:
Jan 20th, 2014 10:04 pm
I couldn't agree more except that I drink mine in 30 secs typically. Like a good RFD'er I generally go for the cheapest protein I can find that's drinkable. I only use Isolate post-workout and Concentrate or Blend all other times. To that end I maintain a current list of the cheapest $ / kg protein I am aware of.

$40 for 5 lb Isolate is tough to find. Walmart had 2 lbs Six Star Isolate (86% protein) for $10.97 a few weeks ago, that's by far the cheapest I've ever come across. Does it have to be Isolate or would a blend that is > 75% protein work for you?

FWIW, London Drugs currently has a blend (81% protein) on sale that I've tried and is probably my favorite cheap vanilla (also in chocolate but I can't recall if I've tried it) for $39.99 for 2kg. And it's lower in cholesterol at 12mg than most blends.

http://www.londondrugs.com/100%25-Whey- ... lt,pd.html
No london drugs near me otherwise I'd go scoop that up as it's a pretty decent deal, on par with costco's kaizen sale. Anything else guys?