• Oct 27th, 2014 11:00 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2002
3584 posts
262 upvotes
Newfoundland (Former…
freetoaster wrote: Depending on the design of your seat the seats are actually VERY reclined and the angle adjuster just brings them up to where they would be in other cars... I hear from many car seat forums that they use pool noodles or other firm foam to create their own angle adjusters.

Also for anyone considering the Diono there is a thread here amazon-ca-canada-day-deals-week-1194982/#post14974170

amazon.ca has a diono RXT for $250 shipped (+tax) and a R100 for $197 shipped (+tax) this is the cheapest I've seen them.
I wouldn't do that because if there was an acutal accident then that's definitely not approved. Very dangerous! Why take the risk for a few dollars.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
1253 posts
245 upvotes
Toronto
We've got the Britax Boulevard G3 and so far so good. The only complaint I have is the installation of the seat is a pain. You've got to pull the belt and push the seat really hard to get it tight. Therefore, once installed I'm afraid of taking it out when we need it in another car. Gonna have to buy a second car seat so we can use it in other cars when needed.
But Britax came out with a new version just a few weeks ago that is much easier to install and to remove. Babies R Us carries them.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41788 posts
30051 upvotes
Center of Universe
Jeff146 wrote: I wouldn't do that because if there was an acutal accident then that's definitely not approved. Very dangerous! Why take the risk for a few dollars.
No difference than using a rolled up towel.
Yes, some car seat manufacture have suggested that in their manual!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)