Best shared plan for 15-20GB of data?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 15th, 2017 1:38 pm
[OP]
Mar 16, 2006
9 posts
Toronto, ON

Best shared plan for 15-20GB of data?

I'm currently on Rogers with 3 devices (2 iPhones and 1 iPad). I currently use between 12GB and 18 GB per month and pay a total of approx. $309 (tx in) for all 3 devices, unlimited Canada, iPhone Value Pack. The data is used unevenly (10-12GB on iPhone 1, 3-4GB on iPhone 2 and not much on the iPad)

I'd really like to cut that cell phone bill drastically without changing data usage patterns. I would consider dropping the iPad data plan.

What are the great plans that I am not aware of? I'm in Toronto.

Thanks!
4 replies
May 8, 2009
1687 posts
447 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
Despite being in Toronto, you may want to consider stacking all your data on a SK/MB/QC number, then share it with your other cell lines on the same account. For that amount of data, you'll see a drastic difference by stacking the data on an out of province number, even if you put that line in your iPad.
Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home.
Home service reseller internet + FPL + antenna with streaming on smart TV
Wireless 1 line w/ Virgin on QC plan, few lines w/ Koodo to get phones, couple FreedomPop SIM's for roaming
[OP]
Mar 16, 2006
9 posts
Toronto, ON
Hmmm interesting. How would I go about doing that? Do I get to keep my Toronto numbers for the iPhones? I'd need to do that with Rogers or another carrier?
titaniumtux wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 9:08 pm
Despite being in Toronto, you may want to consider stacking all your data on a SK/MB/QC number, then share it with your other cell lines on the same account. For that amount of data, you'll see a drastic difference by stacking the data on an out of province number, even if you put that line in your iPad.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2013
3611 posts
603 upvotes
Brampton ON
titaniumtux wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 9:08 pm
How can we get that SKMBQC with bell or rogers if we are in GTA?
As-salamu alaykum
Freedom Mobile $21 10gb
BYOP ( Plan * 24months + Phone )
Contract ( Plan * 24months - Phone - GC )

May 8, 2009
1687 posts
447 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
d1ulove3 wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 7:26 am
How can we get that SKMBQC with bell or rogers if we are in GTA?
Requires an SK/MB/QC phone number. As long as you're OK to have an out of province number (you don't have to use it in your phone), you can stack all your data on that line. Then add other GTA numbers as additional lines to share the data stacked on the out of province number.
Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home.
Home service reseller internet + FPL + antenna with streaming on smart TV
Wireless 1 line w/ Virgin on QC plan, few lines w/ Koodo to get phones, couple FreedomPop SIM's for roaming