• Last Updated:
  • Dec 28th, 2017 9:12 am
[OP]
Dec 6, 2011
334 posts
138 upvotes
Montreal

Best sign documents electronically

Hi, I am looking for a online service to sign contract documents. I have found few company but don't know which one to use.

Thanks
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2002
6896 posts
565 upvotes
Toronto
Docusign is popular.

Also signing a pdf is not the same as a digital signature service / document and may or may not hold the same weight under the law.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
1027 posts
122 upvotes
Markham, ON
I guess you sign documents electronically everytime you make an online purchase. I don't ever see my signature on those "I Agree". So, why are you looking for a service to sign contracts online? Do you intend to sign a lot of contracts online?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2002
6896 posts
565 upvotes
Toronto
Poppwl wrote:
Dec 25th, 2017 4:01 pm
I guess you sign documents electronically everytime you make an online purchase. I don't ever see my signature on those "I Agree". So, why are you looking for a service to sign contracts online? Do you intend to sign a lot of contracts online?
You do not sign documents when you make a purchase online. You may consent to terms and conditions but that's far from a signed document.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
1027 posts
122 upvotes
Markham, ON
ichpen wrote:
Dec 28th, 2017 8:10 am
You do not sign documents when you make a purchase online. You may consent to terms and conditions but that's far from a signed document.
I hope what you said is true because it's getting really scary every time I use an online service. You are presented with a very lengthy document to "read" each time. I believe most people tend to just click on the "yes, I read and agree" without actually reading.

Sometimes, it is hard to know when is IMPORTANT to read.