Computers & Electronics

Best Site in Canada to get Computer Parts

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 3rd, 2018 7:33 pm
[OP]
Aug 1, 2018
1 posts

Best Site in Canada to get Computer Parts

Hi, my boyfriend's birthday is coming up and he's always wanted to build his own computer. I'm looking for a place to buy gift cards for him. I don't know much about technology and building computers. What do you think the best website to buy computer parts is? Mostly focusing on price and selection. We live in Canada so shipping price is also a factor. I don't think he'll care about shipping speed or returns as much though.
4 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2004
2833 posts
499 upvotes
Toronto
Nice thought.

Getting tied into one online dealer isn't great. Which place has the best deals is quite fluid. A great resource (for him, not you) is https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/

If it is his first time, there might be an advantage picking a local dealer so that he can get advice and help more easily. We cannot recommend a local dealer without knowing where he is.

He may already have his own preferences too.

Consider giving him cash, with a note saying "for your new computer". That expresses the thought without committing to a store.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
15258 posts
2189 upvotes
Toronto
If you want to get him gift cards, look into getting prepaid MasterCard or Visa.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2012
1788 posts
578 upvotes
Toronto
I agree that gift cards while expressing a great intention is not the best idea especially when it comes to computer parts.. I think the prepaid Visa/MC or cash is the best way to go..