None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2003
2026 posts
148 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

Best site for charts?

I don't know anything about investing/stocks etc. I'm asking this question for my mom.

My mom is a trader and she has been using questtrade to look at charts. With their new changes, she's decided she wants to change to another website.

Does anyone know of any sites where one can view a stock's chart that shows its trading per minute with real time data?

She also wants to see the MACD/CCI/Bollinger Band values -- whatever that means.

If it's in chinese or can be used with google chrome translate, it would be extra +++ (but not necessary)

Her other option is stockcharts, but she says it seems a tad bit pricey, but if there's no other options she would have to use it.

TIA!
11 replies
Dec 26, 2003
960 posts
396 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Freestockcharts.com (real time for us stocks, tsx 15 min delayed but you can find equivalent on US ticker. Ie RIM and RIMM)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2003
2026 posts
148 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
FiNaL WaR wrote:
Jul 16th, 2012 1:58 pm
does she trade on TSX or on US market

or both ?
both, but I think she uses something else to do her trade like TD or another bank. She just wants a website for with charts with those functions for research.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2003
2026 posts
148 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
ccyk wrote:
Jul 16th, 2012 3:13 pm
nothing beat stockcharts.com
free and with tool(flash/java) to let you draw lines on top of chart plus lots of options
http://imgur.com/Q5Xn3
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Q5Xn3.png[/IMG]

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=MMT.V& ... 7869192599
from what I heard, apparently u have to pay now and it's more pricey than questtrade? And the free version is limited? It doesn't have per minute realtime view for the charts? Not sure.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2005
3085 posts
249 upvotes
Vancouver
minute chart? thats standard daytrader tool and there is no free tool for that
but as a daytrader, shouldnt the broker offer platform tool(eg axis) for free with that many trade? like questrade b4 the switch, or td?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2005
9205 posts
1378 upvotes
Toronto
MilkyWind wrote:
Jul 16th, 2012 8:44 pm
from what I heard, apparently u have to pay now and it's more pricey than questtrade? And the free version is limited? It doesn't have per minute realtime view for the charts? Not sure.
Unless your Mom is a scalper and trades everyday as a job, one doesn't need a per minute view of things. www.freestockcharts.com gives you live per second update for US stocks. For Cdn stocks, there isn't a free one that I've heard of yet.
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
18942 posts
1377 upvotes
rfdrfd wrote:
Jul 19th, 2012 9:08 pm
Unless your Mom is a scalper and trades everyday as a job, one doesn't need a per minute view of things. www.freestockcharts.com gives you live per second update for US stocks. For Cdn stocks, there isn't a free one that I've heard of yet.
Google Finance also has live per-second charts and they are way better than this site and much faster.

OP I use Google Finance for all my charts and research. In fact I wish TD would just ditch their current markets & research tab and link into Google, it would be a lot better than their current offering. They have almost everything you posted you want (technicals, etc) except minute charts - they only go down to two minutes.
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2005
9205 posts
1378 upvotes
Toronto
brunes wrote:
Jul 19th, 2012 9:44 pm
Google Finance also has live per-second charts and they are way better than this site and much faster.

OP I use Google Finance for all my charts and research. In fact I wish TD would just ditch their current markets & research tab and link into Google, it would be a lot better than their current offering. They have almost everything you posted you want (technicals, etc) except minute charts - they only go down to two minutes.
It depends if you are using Technical Analysis. Google finance does nothing for TA users. Also, their historical data is very limited. Freestockcharts can do sooo much more. Alerts, scans, just to name a few.
Nov 30, 2009
458 posts
17 upvotes
I like stockhouse but in a jiffy I just use google
May 22, 2003
396 posts
7 upvotes
Milton
Stockcharts.com is pretty good and easy to use. I see a poster above also owns some mart shares!