None
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
2440 posts
564 upvotes
Toronto, ON
dgnr8 wrote:
Jan 7th, 2017 10:29 pm
Any new coupon codes? Your price for unlocking an iPhone just went up by $10 :-(
Honestly the price went up to discourage people from ordering.
It's a hit or miss at this point.
This week I submitted 24 TELUS/Koodo iphones to the source, and only 7 came back found.
I've had to issue refunds to the remaining 17 orders (6 of those orders were the same person doing it twice).
Deal Addict
May 5, 2007
3094 posts
342 upvotes
Torana
mobifree wrote:
Jan 8th, 2017 12:33 am
Honestly the price went up to discourage people from ordering.
It's a hit or miss at this point.
This week I submitted 24 TELUS/Koodo iphones to the source, and only 7 came back found.
I've had to issue refunds to the remaining 17 orders (6 of those orders were the same person doing it twice).
I'm one of those refunds ;)

At this point in just going to wait 90 days. I tried unlocking through PM but they said I had to be with me for 90 days. I tried calling, Facebook and emailing koodo to unlock with also no luck. This is thr email I got from Koodo last week:

"Upon carefully revising your account, I noticed that your phone was bought with a TAB and the account's tenure is less than 90 days.
Kindly note that due to the system limitations, we are unable to unlock your phone. We are working with a tool and it is returning a sub-system failure everevery timeytime I input the IMEI to unlock the device.
Your account must have been active for a minimum of 90 days if the phone was subsidized.

I am truly sorry for any inconvenience this situation may cause. I hope you will understand that I would have loved being able to assist you further today, but we are working with systems and the situation is not entirely in our hands."
Nov 23, 2014
276 posts
57 upvotes
Surrey, BC
Is $100 the cheapest for a Rogers iPhone unlock right now?

Anyone find anything cheaper? Doesn't look like there's anything on ebay.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
2440 posts
564 upvotes
Toronto, ON
kanucks25 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2017 3:00 pm

Right now, no..Around $100ish. Give or take a few dollars.
Not like last summer with the sub $5 iphone unlocking.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2007
3094 posts
342 upvotes
Torana
Just to update I was able to get my phone unlocked with Koodo even though I bought the phone around BF. I paid of the tab last night through Koodo self-serve, emailed Koodo for unlock and they did it for me this morning for $50.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2003
3854 posts
201 upvotes
Toronto
Another vote for mobifree. Unlocked half a dozen phones. Great service
Apr 17, 2005
295 posts
40 upvotes
Just submitted for an unlock code to Mobifree for a Moto X Play. Hard to beat $2.99 for a code!

*Edit*

That was fast, only took like 30 minutes for the code to arrive!
Last edited by Borla on Jan 11th, 2017 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 26, 2007
55 posts
5 upvotes
Got my LG G4 and Grand Prime unlocked with mobifree last week, placed the order around noon, got it done in the evening, fast, reliable and reasonable price, thanks mobifree.
Koodo
Fido
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2005
2046 posts
2647 upvotes
Is there a mobifree coupon? Need a Samsung S4 unlock code
Nothing to see here folks...
Jan 1, 2013
574 posts
108 upvotes
Durham
kanucks25 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2017 3:00 pm

$50 right through Rogers and instant? Thats what I paid with Bell and it was done in a few hours.
May 7, 2012
243 posts
74 upvotes
Aggy wrote:
Jan 11th, 2017 4:40 pm
Just to update I was able to get my phone unlocked with Koodo even though I bought the phone around BF. I paid of the tab last night through Koodo self-serve, emailed Koodo for unlock and they did it for me this morning for $50.
Did the same today with two iphone se. Took all of 3 minutes. Kudos Koodo.
Nov 30, 2015
128 posts
41 upvotes
Thumbs Up for MobiFree unlocking service. They provided me with the unlock code for my LG phone within 45 minutes of placing my order. I had one question on the unlock procedure and they responded really quick. My phone was unlocked successfully and I'm very happy with the service provided. Price was very reasonable too.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
2440 posts
564 upvotes
Toronto, ON
gameon12 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2017 2:59 pm
Did the same today with two iphone se. Took all of 3 minutes. Kudos Koodo.
If you have the patience and perseverance, I would recommend this option for all those who want to unlock iPhones.
Key being finding the rep who's willing to do it for you. And there are plenty!
Going through 3rd party (ebay & websites like mine) are't resulting in the same success rate as we had months ago.
It ends up being a waiting game 1 - 7 days, just find out it didn't work and you were refunded.
May 7, 2012
243 posts
74 upvotes
mobifree wrote:
Jan 13th, 2017 12:55 pm
If you have the patience and perseverance, I would recommend this option for all those who want to unlock iPhones.
Key being finding the rep who's willing to do it for you. And there are plenty!
Going through 3rd party (ebay & websites like mine) are't resulting in the same success rate as we had months ago.
It ends up being a waiting game 1 - 7 days, just find out it didn't work and you were refunded.
Yes I sensed you were having difficulties with the iphones (you've been real easy to deal with on the androids). Since there was some success being reported with Koodo directly it was no risk to simply ask them nicely. I consider it fortunate to get a rep who was "on-side" and efficient. Though I was prepared to take it further (see their various inconsistent policies searching their FAQs and community forum,and the CCTS position). Plan B was to buy a tri-sim for my Telus friend whose phone doesn't have the nano size. So I "saved" $15+tax each??
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2005
2046 posts
2647 upvotes
Mobifree coupon? Need to unlock an S4
Nothing to see here folks...