• Last Updated:
  • Aug 13th, 2017 11:25 pm
Tags:
None
Mar 29, 2007
179 posts
41 upvotes
Nepean
I want to appreciate QuickPhoneUnlock.com for their unlock service.
This past Christmas, I bought an Alcatel Pixi 4 that was locked to Telus and wanted to buy an unlock code for it. I tried almost all unlocked services which are recommended in this thread, none can come up with code except QuickPhoneUnlock.
They are not cheap but their code works the first time. The online chat is excellent as well, as the agent answered all my questions. I am not a newbie in unlocking phones but I usually ask the same set of questions to get a feel of how competent the unlocker is.
All in all, if you cannot get a code for your phone, QuickPhoneUnlock is your rescue.
Dec 11, 2003
440 posts
59 upvotes
mobifree wrote:
Feb 14th, 2017 10:40 pm
Honestly, it's hard to say.
Sometimes it comes back within a couple of hours (even minutes in some instances), while other times it's taken the full 7 days. It all depends on when the bulk submit occurs in relation to when someone submits the order on my website, and I send to the source.
I would say (don't hold me to this as it can change any second) in the last month or so, it's been on average around 3 days for it to come back.
Hello Mobifree,
Sent you the IMEI and PayPal payment around 3pm Friday. Have yet to hear from you 11am Saturday. Have you been able to receive them? Is everything on track?
Dec 19, 2013
751 posts
341 upvotes
Ottawa
Why some people don't unlockers offer "remote unlock" where they need access to your PC which is connected to the phone? How does this remote unlock work? (I guess they don't get an unlock code)

Edit: typed the opposite of what I wanted to ask
Last edited by NoCountry4RFDer on Mar 6th, 2017 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 25, 2004
995 posts
23 upvotes
Thornhill
I have a cityfone/rogers galaxy s5 neo to unlock ASAP, $10-15 canadina dollars with a quick turnaround seems reasonable?
Jan 14, 2008
47 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
I want to get my Nokia 520 phone (Rogers pay as you go) unlocked. 2 questions:

1. Having it unlocked with not affect my service with Rogers. correct?

2. It seems you must give your phone's IMEI number out to get it unlocked. Are there any security concerns I should be concerned about?

thanks
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
3494 posts
379 upvotes
You know you can have Koodo to unlock your phone for free when contract ends right? I think it is the new law because you literally own the phone yourself.
FS : Promise NS4300N NAS,Linksys RE400W,E5151,HBB1,VIVOTab RT,MemoPad 8
Oct 22, 2006
296 posts
94 upvotes
I have looked online for answers, and would like to confirm if this is correct.

Lets says i purchase from someone an iPhone 6s that is from Rogers. The box is sealed so the phone is not on any carrier. Now whichever sim i put in for the first time, is the carrier the phone will lock to. Lets say my carrier is Fido or Kodoo. If i use the Fido sim, i would have to call Fido to unlock it and if i put the Kodoo sim i would have to call Kodoo. The other option is to use 3rd parties but wondering what carrier do i specify if i do ?

Also would you guys recommend ebay unlocking. I heard stories of phones getting locked, but not sure how true they are. The cost on ebay is less than half of the carrier itself. Any recommendation.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2003
11959 posts
928 upvotes
Toronto
If the phone was issued by Rogers, the phone will be locked to Rogers.

I purchased a BNIB Rogers iPhone 6 about a year ago. I inserted a Bell sim before powering on the phone for the first time. Once the phone powered up, I kept receiving a message that asked me to insert a valid sim to activate the phone. Same thing happened when I got a BNIB Bell iPhone 6s in October, 2016 in that I inserted a Fido sim, powered up the phone for the first time, and it would not activate. I replaced the Fido sim with a Bell sim and it activated with no problem. My conclusion: the iPhones issued by a carrier come factory locked to the carrier.

With a used phone, there is always a risk that the phone will be blacklisted a few days or months after the sale.

I recommend asking mobifree to see if he can price match other unlockers.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2007
2432 posts
445 upvotes
Quebec
Mar 12th, 2017 11:18 am
You know you can have Koodo to unlock your phone for free when contract ends right? I think it is the new law because you literally own the phone yourself.
Fake news...
Jan 29, 2013
592 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know of any coupons for mobifree? Need to unlock my wife's iPhone 6.
Dec 29, 2013
7 posts
1 upvote
I just realized that I never posted my experience with Mobifree. My iPhone unlock came within 3 days, exactly as the seller indicated it would. The unlock worked perfectly. I appreciate the quick response here on the forums and the fact that the prices were in Canadian dollars, because you know, we are in Canada and all.

Keep up the good work! I'll be back for more unlocks for sure :)
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2007
2432 posts
445 upvotes
Quebec
do we have a better price to unlock a S7 edge telus than 14.50$ CAD?