• Last Updated:
  • Aug 13th, 2017 11:25 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 25, 2012
767 posts
73 upvotes
Toronto
Is mobifree still around? I sent a pm but never got a response.
Jun 19, 2017
1 posts
I realize by now the OP has already dealt with their unlock but wanted to leave my current experience for anyone else who is looking to unlock right now.
I have a Galaxy S4 that I had in a drawer locked to TELUS and a buddy of mine just dropped his Rogers phone in a pool so I offered to lend it to him until he gets a new one. I called TELUS to ask about unlocking they gave me some hooey about having to buy a sim card and setting up an account for it then paying for an unlock blah blah blah. Huge waste of time money and effort. I ended up having to try two unlock sites - both of which I found in these forums (thanks!).
The first one I tried was Code-Unlock-Shop.com because it was incredibly cheap just under $7. Unfortunately they couldn't unlock my phone and have promised me a refund. The refund can take 7 days to process so the jury is out on this one but judging from other folks I'm pretty sure I'll get the money back.

After not having any success on the cheaper one I decided to go the $20 route and hit quickphoneunlock.com. In under 24 hours the code came through and worked perfectly. Sure beats the rigmarole I was getting from TELUS and now I can use the phone with any SIM I want. I'm going to unlock my Galaxy Note 4 with quickphoneunlock.com as well and will update you on that too.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
3397 posts
278 upvotes
Niagara-on-the-Lake
vuhoang123 wrote:
Jun 20th, 2017 7:02 am
Is mobifree still around? I sent a pm but never got a response.
Send an email. I got a response that way quickly.
Jun 19, 2017
2 posts
Played my order on June 16, 2017, they could not find the code for me. They never do refund. They don't refund even they could not do the job. Steal your money and run. I believe, the rest of your life, Mobifree, and your children future will be shit.
Dec 13, 2010
24 posts
21 upvotes
Calgary
For the record, I just used Mobifree to unlock my LG phone on the Rogers network. They sent the code within a few hours and it worked like a charm. $5 CAD, I'm happy!
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
2440 posts
564 upvotes
Toronto, ON
choanhemnhe wrote:
Jun 20th, 2017 9:30 pm
Played my order on June 16, 2017, they could not find the code for me. They never do refund. They don't refund even they could not do the job. Steal your money and run. I believe, the rest of your life, Mobifree, and your children future will be shit.
I'm not in the business of stealing people's money.
Please email or PM your order ID or IMEI.

Thanks
Jan 8, 2012
323 posts
82 upvotes
Williams Lake
To wit.

Just unlocked my LG G5 with a code from mobifree.

Worked perfectly, thanks.
May 8, 2009
771 posts
193 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
iamsimon wrote:
Jun 20th, 2017 9:05 am
I realize by now the OP has already dealt with their unlock but wanted to leave my current experience for anyone else who is looking to unlock right now.
I have a Galaxy S4 that I had in a drawer locked to TELUS and a buddy of mine just dropped his Rogers phone in a pool so I offered to lend it to him until he gets a new one. I called TELUS to ask about unlocking they gave me some hooey about having to buy a sim card and setting up an account for it then paying for an unlock blah blah blah. Huge waste of time money and effort. I ended up having to try two unlock sites - both of which I found in these forums (thanks!).
The first one I tried was Code-Unlock-Shop.com because it was incredibly cheap just under $7. Unfortunately they couldn't unlock my phone and have promised me a refund. The refund can take 7 days to process so the jury is out on this one but judging from other folks I'm pretty sure I'll get the money back.

After not having any success on the cheaper one I decided to go the $20 route and hit quickphoneunlock.com. In under 24 hours the code came through and worked perfectly. Sure beats the rigmarole I was getting from TELUS and now I can use the phone with any SIM I want. I'm going to unlock my Galaxy Note 4 with quickphoneunlock.com as well and will update you on that too.
Code-unlock-shop is a scam. I've tried them a few times (through them and their sister sites), they said each time that they'd refund me. The seven days would pass, then I'd have to open a claim with PayPal, which would take me another 7+ days to get my money back.

quickphoneunlock.com might work, but it's too expensive. Samsung Galaxy phones unlock codes on eBay are ~$15.50 (or ~$10 if locked to Bell/Virgin).

With eBay you get to pay with PayPal, and the very rare instances where the seller could not get me the unlock code, they refunded immediately (with PayPal funds liquid immediately), and the seller refered me to the item number where I could buy from the more expensive database (happened to me for a couple model Motorola's, never for Samsungs or LG's). I've also received unlock codes off eBay pretty quickly (a couple days if I order on a weekend, but sometimes as quick as a half hour).
Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home.
Home service reseller internet + FPL + antenna with streaming on smart TV
Wireless 1 line w/ Virgin on QC plan, few lines w/ Koodo to get phones, couple FreedomPop SIM's for roaming
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2012
2300 posts
454 upvotes
Toronto
reviving this thread!

i need to unlock my iphone 6 - it's on the Rogers network.

I don't know anything about unlocking and don't want to randomly pick someone on ebay --
All Referrals or suggestions very much welcome :)

Thanks guys!
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2005
1546 posts
162 upvotes
Calgary
Need to unlock an iPhone 6s currently locked to koodo. Is mobifree the best alternative right now?

Thanks!
Oct 4, 2008
217 posts
49 upvotes
Got a code from mobifree but it didn't work. Any recent refund experience from mobifree ?
Jun 19, 2017
2 posts
Don't use mobifree.net. they could not find the unlock code for me, they don't refund either.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)