• Last Updated:
  • Aug 13th, 2017 11:25 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
3618 posts
285 upvotes
An you all fill me in on this Mobifree person. Do they have a website or operate on the forums here? I looked at their profile but do t see what I am looking for. I will be looking at unlocking my Samsung S8 shortly and if they are good we'll better then giving money to the big guys.
Heatware
The difference between wanting and needing is how you justify it.
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
10113 posts
3069 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Max_Dealing wrote:
Jul 25th, 2017 1:21 am
Do they have a website or operate on the forums here?
Yes and yes.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2005
4430 posts
752 upvotes
Markham
Did a unlock on a S5 a few days ago on Mobifree (website) and got a code within a few hours....I'd use them again.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Aug 27, 2008
23 posts
1 upvote
Fredericton
mobifree wrote:
Jul 25th, 2017 12:53 am
I think I'm caught up to my 400+ unread e-mails.
If you still haven't receive a response from me, I apologize I may have accidentally scrolled through your email message as I was going through my email replying blitz.
Please e-mail me again at andrew@mobifree.net

New orders and correspondence should be much smoother / faster going forward.

Thanks
Is it possible to unlock an iphone 7 for 50 bucks? Your website shows 120+Face Screaming In Fear
May 8, 2009
771 posts
193 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
Hey, we all know that unlocking Androids that are locked to the big 3 is dirt cheap. But phones locked to Videotron, Freedom Mobile, etc. can cost a fair bit more.

MobileXpressCanada, a website I've used in the past, charges for instance $35 CAD+tax to unlock a Samsung locked to Videotron (whereas eBay would be $50). I've used their site in the past and found them to be reliable. Don't know what @mobifree would charge for those unlock codes, but it'd likely be around that price point.
Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home.
Home service reseller internet + FPL + antenna with streaming on smart TV
Wireless 1 line w/ Virgin on QC plan, few lines w/ Koodo to get phones, couple FreedomPop SIM's for roaming
Jul 27, 2017
1 posts
Had an unlocked LG G4 with Virgin. Phone got the BootLoop bug. LG told me to send it to Futuretel in Ontario for repair, free of charge, warned that the phone will be returned locked again. Received the phone one week later. Used MobiFree service to unlock and sent the original IMEI/Virgin codes. MobiFree returned the unlock code less than 24 hours later.
Unlock code didn't work ! Check the IMEI: it wasn't the same !!! Futuretel changed the MoBo and somewhat changed the IMEI code too. Now, imeipro.info says that the IMEI is associated with Bell Mobility (the old one too).
Question: are Bell/Virgin unlock codes the same ? Does it matter if I specify Virgin instead of Bell as carrier ?
Asked MobiFree via WhatApp but I'll hope somebody in this forum knows the answer.
Thanks !
Christian.
Gatineau, QC
Jan 30, 2013
15 posts
ETOBICOKE
mobifree wrote:
Jul 25th, 2017 12:53 am
I think I'm caught up to my 400+ unread e-mails.
If you still haven't receive a response from me, I apologize I may have accidentally scrolled through your email message as I was going through my email replying blitz.
Please e-mail me again at andrew@mobifree.net

New orders and correspondence should be much smoother / faster going forward.

Thanks
Well , I just sent you an email, hopefully i'll get any reply
I 'm not getting any reply , not sure if you are working on it or not
Apr 8, 2006
12 posts
1 upvote
I am having the same issue with mobifree. I sent a request for a Samsung S7 unlock last Thursday and did not get any response and it is now Monday afternoon. I tried emailing him at unlock@mobifree.net, andrew@mobifree.net, and text/call at 647-797-6889 with no reply and no answer on the calls.

It's weird because just last week I unlocked with him a Samsung S7 Edge with no problems and got the code within 24 hours.

Pls. just give me the money back/decline the Paypal money I sent you and I will try and get an unlock code from somewher else. My trip is coming up and need my phone unlock soon.
Dec 20, 2010
7 posts
1 upvote
Purchased a Blackberry unlock code from Mobifree 10 days ago. Used the support form 2 days ago to ask for a refund if the code is not forthcoming. No response.

Emailed earlier today — no response.

Edit: Mobifree did send a paypal refund the next day.
Last edited by toerag on Jul 31st, 2017 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
2244 posts
492 upvotes
GTA
I ordered an unlock code yesterday in the morning (Bell S8) and received it today, 29 hours later.

Not the fastest service, but certainly acceptable!
Apr 8, 2006
12 posts
1 upvote
I still did not hear from mobifree. I will have to call my credit card company to reverse the charges...what a headache. Buyers Beware!
Jun 6, 2017
4 posts
Hey how did you fare with the secondary instructions?
I ordered from mobifree and got a code very quickly but I am still unable to use the phone with other sim cards.
Nov 28, 2013
551 posts
200 upvotes
Quebec
We have found an old Iphone 5S locked to Telus, but we have no way of contacting the owner and stuff like that.

What is the cheapest place to unlock 5S with Telus?
Oct 15, 2016
71 posts
14 upvotes
I just unlocked a FIDO LG G6 and an PC Mobile Motorola Moto G play for under $4.
LG code arrived in a few hours (8-9 hours) and the Motorola code arrived in literally 3 minutes.
Both codes worked flawlessly. And definitely would use him again.

I don't think he's a crook, just not very organized with responding to e-mails and texts.
Koodo & Public Mobile Customer.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)