None
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
10115 posts
3070 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
YorkIT wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2017 4:56 pm
I don't think he's a crook, just not very organized with responding to e-mails and texts.
Well you have to do a lot of unlocks "for under $4" per to make a viable business. Assuming you do one every 5 minutes, that's not even $50/hour. And that doesn't include the cost of the website and associated expenses. Nor does it include the time spent on responding to e-mails and texts, let alone participating on RFD. We should all be thankful for the service.
veni, vidi, Visa
Jun 6, 2017
4 posts
Well then don't advertise that you can be reached or pretend you have a customer service element to your business. That's why there is frustration. Definitely something that needs to be worked on. I got my code within an hour for my s8....haven't gotten a reply for my emails as yet.
Jul 24, 2014
17 posts
Etobicoke, ON
Just used for S6, got unlock code in 12 hours and worked! Youre the man
Sep 7, 2009
119 posts
17 upvotes
Calgary
Can I use Petro Canada Sim for Zoomer Huawei GR5? Or do I still need to unlock the phone?

I think both Zoomer and Petro is on Rogers Network.
Dec 29, 2013
9 posts
1 upvote
@mobifree Tried to unlock a Telus BlackBerry KeyOne through your service. Submitted it under the only logical brand choice I could see, BlackBerry, but no code came back. I know refund is in process now but I'd still like to get the device unlocked. Are you able to unlock Telus KeyOne and how can I get the request over to you?
Apr 13, 2007
464 posts
22 upvotes
toronto
Has anyone been able to contact @mobifree ? I had sent in a question about an order and have not gotten a response. Tried through email and on RFD.
Dec 29, 2013
9 posts
1 upvote
KiDz8486 wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 8:29 pm
Has anyone been able to contact @mobifree ? I had sent in a question about an order and have not gotten a response. Tried through email and on RFD.
Email was a no go. I think he is super busy. He got back to me regarding my KeyOne unlock issue but no word since. At least in my case I'm no longer in need of an unlock.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
19060 posts
1380 upvotes
ratatapa wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2017 12:56 pm
We have found an old Iphone 5S locked to Telus, but we have no way of contacting the owner and stuff like that.

What is the cheapest place to unlock 5S with Telus?
Can you until Dec 2017? Carriers are to unlock for free once Dec hits...

If not, cheapest would be via Telus..they might unlock for non Telus clients but price is higher.

Or you can use a magic sim to trick the iphone into using another carrier's sim. That is what I am doing since it only costs $15 until Dec 2017 rolls around....gluck!
Apr 13, 2007
464 posts
22 upvotes
toronto
Guess I'll give him until monday to reply to my messages. If no reply by then, I'll just dispute the charges on paypal and request a refund. Never had any problems at all through mobifree until now.
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
10115 posts
3070 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
KiDz8486 wrote:
Aug 13th, 2017 4:41 pm
Guess I'll give him until monday to reply to my messages. If no reply by then, I'll just dispute the charges on paypal and request a refund. Never had any problems at all through mobifree until now.
I don't know the guy but from what I've read on this thread I suspect he's a one-man operation. His history on RFD suggests that he's reputable, although maybe not always able to respond ASAP. He was active on this thread only a few days ago. Before you escalate this to PayPal perhaps consider giving him the benefit of the doubt and wait a few more days. If he's like the rest of us he's only human. He may be trying to get a few days of vacation. He might be dealing with a family or day-job emergency. There's no reason to believe he won't make good on outstanding orders.
veni, vidi, Visa
Apr 13, 2007
464 posts
22 upvotes
toronto
bylo wrote:
Aug 13th, 2017 4:55 pm
I don't know the guy but from what I've read on this thread I suspect he's a one-man operation. His history on RFD suggests that he's reputable, although maybe not always able to respond ASAP. He was active on this thread only a few days ago. Before you escalate this to PayPal perhaps consider giving him the benefit of the doubt and wait a few more days. If he's like the rest of us he's only human. He may be trying to get a few days of vacation. He might be dealing with a family or day-job emergency. There's no reason to believe he won't make good on outstanding orders.
I've dealt with him before and I have nothing but good things to say about his service. I'm only planning to dispute due to the fact that I need the code for someone who's leaving the country on Wed. If I can't get an answer by Monday then I would need to find a different unlocker. Normally all my orders come back within a few hours except this time, plus I need it quickly or else I would just wait it out since his rep is great and he's great overall.
Nov 28, 2013
553 posts
200 upvotes
Quebec
[quote=ji2o0k post_id=28108054 time=1502656344 user_id=17477]
Can you until Dec 2017? Carriers are to unlock for free once Dec hits...

If not, cheapest would be via Telus..they might unlock for non Telus clients but price is higher.

Or you can use a magic sim to trick the iphone into using another carrier's sim. That is what I am doing since it only costs $15 until Dec 2017 rolls around....gluck!
[/quote]

I heard that phones bought before deçember will still have the fee
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
3572 posts
414 upvotes
Richmond Hill
does the GR5 from Zoomer come unlocked or do i need to buy a code for it? If so, best deal for the code?

TIA
If you like me, i will like you back, on this forum