• Apr 26th, 2017 9:58 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2005
1928 posts
16 upvotes
Scarborough

Best store bought roterissie chicken?

Walmart, Sobeys, Metro, Superstore? Just wondering which ones are the juiciest and tastiest? Where do you buy yours? I've been getting them mostly at the Superstore at STC but they've been pinkish inside lately, so had to pull apart and microwave for 5 minutes to get pink out in case it's not cooked (which makes it kinda dry).
65 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2002
5585 posts
230 upvotes
BC
I buy mine at Costco, they are the biggest and juiciest.
That's my 2cents worth
Deal Fanatic
Sep 18, 2009
5010 posts
533 upvotes
Southwestern Ontario
Was the pink at the edge or at the bone? If near the skin it would be a normal color due to brining, and additional cooking would only make it dry.
If it was at the bone. then a few minutes in the oven or toaster oven would be far better than a microwave.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2004
2546 posts
80 upvotes
Peterborough
I seem to recall that the Toronto Star did a comparison thing on this some time in the past year and that there was a related thread here at RFD. If I remember right Sobeys came out on top.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2006
1008 posts
155 upvotes
wiggy wrote:
Feb 6th, 2011 6:15 pm
I seem to recall that the Toronto Star did a comparison thing on this some time in the past year and that there was a related thread here at RFD. If I remember right Sobeys came out on top.
and as a matter of fact you can get 2 for $15.00 this week....pick them up...not bad!
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2006
2700 posts
74 upvotes
Etobicoke
the herb one from metro is half decent. superstore has been hit or miss for me
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2005
1928 posts
16 upvotes
Scarborough
Thanks for the suggestions. The pink is not near the bone, it's mostly in the drumstick and part of the thigh. The breast usually is white and cooked, and the meat is not stuck on the bones.

I'll try Metro - they're open 7x24, will they have fresh ones around 6pm?

Do I need a Costco card to get to the chickens?

What's the best time to go to Sobeys?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 18, 2009
5010 posts
533 upvotes
Southwestern Ontario
Muncher wrote:
Feb 6th, 2011 7:24 pm
Thanks for the suggestions. The pink is not near the bone, it's mostly in the drumstick and part of the thigh. The breast usually is white and cooked, and the meat is not stuck on the bones.

I'll try Metro - they're open 7x24, will they have fresh ones around 6pm?

Do I need a Costco card to get to the chickens?

What's the best time to go to Sobeys?

That is bad, pink in the drumstick or thigh. That makes the Loblaw group look bad.
Yes you need a card for the Costco chickens, or a cash card, or go with a friend who is a member.
Deal Guru
Dec 31, 2005
13066 posts
625 upvotes
jayt90 wrote:
Feb 6th, 2011 7:56 pm
That is bad, pink in the drumstick or thigh. That makes the Loblaw group look bad.
Yes you need a card for the Costco chickens, or a cash card, or go with a friend who is a member.

There is nothing wrong with pink...
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2002
4927 posts
193 upvotes
I use to like Superstore when they are $5.xx, then $6.xx, now $7.xx. Costco is my favorite now.
Sep 23, 2006
980 posts
141 upvotes
Markham
I buy at either superstore (STC) or costco (Scarb location)

I'd go with costco
May 14, 2010
522 posts
64 upvotes
Mississauga
Either Costco or Longo's....
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel