• Last Updated:
  • Apr 26th, 2017 9:58 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2007
3701 posts
477 upvotes
Richmond Hill
+1 Costco fan

Have tried Metro, Walmart, Sobeys in the past. Haven't been back to them since Costco.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2006
3303 posts
158 upvotes
Toronto
The walmart in Mississauga used to have "tandori" rotisserie chicken. It wasn't bad.

Costco rotisserie is still my fav
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2005
1246 posts
105 upvotes
What's the verdict on the roast chicken at Loblaws, No Frills, Longo's, Sobey's and Wal-Mart? How would you guys rank them?

I live close to a Loblaws a No Frills and a Longo's, but am not sure which place to hit up. :D I've never had the chicken from Longo's or No Frills, but am generally happy with what I get from Loblaws.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2009
2689 posts
109 upvotes
I think people here said Costco's rotisserie chicken was the best out of all...
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2005
1246 posts
105 upvotes
biee wrote:
Mar 16th, 2011 4:16 pm
I think people here said Costco's rotisserie chicken was the best out of all...
The one time I was in Costco they were out of chicken. Now I'll always wonder. :(
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2007
1712 posts
177 upvotes
NeverNeverLand
costco
“My generation? We drink because it’s good. Because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar. Because we deserve it. We drink because it’s what men do.”
Roger Sterling

"I'm so gifted at findin' what I don't like the most" Kanye West

"oh kwa tan zin wan" Riley Martin
Mar 3, 2009
71 posts
but it will stink up your whole kitchen, fridge and microwave like smoke (if there's any left over to refrigerate and microwave). Haven't tried Costco, though.
Jan 3, 2006
207 posts
6 upvotes
Mississauga
... and worst is Wal-Mart's. It's tasteless.

I'm ok with Loblaws/RCSS, and Metro's.
May 10, 2005
26982 posts
3469 upvotes
Ottawa
We have a Superstore, Metro and Costco in our area and I have tried them all and they are all primarily the same. A spinning chicken in front of a flame really comes out the same regardless of the locations. Some may be slightly different than others, even in the same store, depending how much spice the person preparing them has put on each chicken.
In my opinion, the whole meal deal of the chicken, fries, gravy and coleslaw is a great deal. When I don't want to cook, that is my pick. :)
'Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional minority, and rabidly promoted by unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds the proposition that it is possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.' Anonymous
Deal Addict
May 7, 2006
1704 posts
18 upvotes
I thought Costco chicken tasted bland.

Loblaws has decent tasting chicken.
Dominion used to have a great herb chicken but they made it skinless now, and it doesn't taste as good anymore.

Dupont has 2 Portuguese BBQ chicken places that are really good. Even the white meat has the flavors in it.

The problem with most chicken places is that the white meat just tastes rough and dry
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2006
1222 posts
90 upvotes
GTA
Has anyone ever noticed that the chicken at Costco is always moist? I've had chicken from Loblaws many times and the breast meat is almost always dry, even more so if I have it for leftovers. But not so with the chicken from Costco even the next day the breast meat is moist like it just came out of the cooker.

I'm starting to think that it's some sort of hormone/chemical they pump into the chickens (Food Inc movie...). And their chickens are ginormous compared to Loblaws.
pennywize wrote:Go up to her in person and ask: Does this cloth smell like chloroform to you?
Success rate = 100%
MrBurns wrote:
Apr 18th, 2011 3:30 pm
I'd push an old lady in front of a semi to get a penny off the sidewalk.
Deal Guru
Jan 2, 2006
12209 posts
104 upvotes
Maybe it's because the chicken is always fresh, because so many are being bought. Chicken comes in, chicken goes out.

Never a miscommunication.
WTB: A Dance With Dragons from A Song of Ice and Fire
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2006
7510 posts
358 upvotes
Vancouver
Whole paycheck has great chickens, err Whoefoods :) not sure if they are back east but they are here in the west.