Best Thai Phone Plan

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 15th, 2019 9:40 pm
[OP]
Jun 10, 2019
1 posts

Best Thai Phone Plan

Hey everyone,

My sister is in Thailand for a few weeks. She has a phone plan through her agency but her imessages no longer work as she ran out of data for it. Does anyone know or recommend a plan that includes unlimited imessaging if that's possible? at the moment they want to charge her 3 bahts per text message.

Thank you!
5 replies
Dec 15, 2017
5 posts
17 upvotes
Are you looking for specifically unlimited data or texting/calling as well? Just go to any 7-11 and purchase those 4g simcards. I remember buying one that provided data for 15 days for about 300 bahts.
Dec 12, 2010
140 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
I was just there last week. Bought a phone plan from a vending machine at the airport past customs for next to nothing with a lot of data. Just go to any mall and you'll find something similar

She should be able to imessage without changing any settings once she put a new sim card in.

http://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/produc ... t-sim.html

dtac is the carrier I used but I didn't even bother checking for any better deals
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2009
2740 posts
1524 upvotes
GTA
Kab wrote: I was just there last week. Bought a phone plan from a vending machine at the airport past customs for next to nothing with a lot of data. Just go to any mall and you'll find something similar

She should be able to imessage without changing any settings once she put a new sim card in.

http://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/produc ... t-sim.html

dtac is the carrier I used but I didn't even bother checking for any better deals
Post some pictures please.
Dec 12, 2010
140 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
Tommy74 wrote:
Jun 13th, 2019 7:40 pm
Post some pictures please.
Pictures of what? This is where I got my card. Found this on Google.

Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
18544 posts
3174 upvotes
GTA West
Yes, I got the DTAC SIM as well, at that kiosk pictured in Suvarnabhumi airport. It was super fast and easy.

Your sister must have an unlocked phone! You'd think everyone has an unlocked phone these days, but some people still don't.

Also, don't buy SIMs from miscellaneous street kiosks, etc. Get them from official locations. Thailand requires passport registration for all SIMs. If you get a Thai SIM without passport registration, there's no predicting what you are actually buying, It might get shutdown pretty quickly.
What if there were no hypothetical questions?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)