• Jan 3rd, 2013 12:14 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Jan 1, 2013
322 posts
143 upvotes
POINTE-CLAIRE

Best time to buy Apple?

Was hoping somebody could advise if I should jump on Future Shop deal on 13.3 inch macbook air that is $100 off at $1100. I'm in no particular rush to buy one but was given a FS gift card with provision I buy tablet or computer. I don't keep track on Apple pricing too much but do realize that it is rare they go on sale and never really discounted too much. So my question is whether this is the best it will get or I should expect something better down the road.
Also my needs are fairly basic as far as laptop goes...is it worth the extra $30 and getting macbook pro that is $70 off and is faster processor. I haven't the time yet to sit down and compare pros and cons of all models yet but feel that if I don't act now I might miss out on a deal.
Any help greatly appreciated.
7 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2010
3660 posts
641 upvotes
Toronto
you should look on kijiji, thats where i got my now sold mac air bnib.
[OP]
Jan 1, 2013
322 posts
143 upvotes
POINTE-CLAIRE
I realize there might be better places to buy Apple products and if I had my druthers would purchase very little there. But as I say I've got a gift card for future shop that is earmarked towards new computer. So it's not so much a question of where, but more of when.
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2008
1324 posts
120 upvotes
Winnipeg
doesn't really matter. apple doesn't go on sale, and prices don't even drop THAT much when the new line is released.

if saving 10bux is worth waiting months and searching all over for deals, then wait it out. otherwise find a way to get the education discount(or buy during a 'sale' at which point they basically just sell at the education price) and move on.

depending on how you look at, this is one of the nicer things about buy apple. since you can never get a good deal, there's very little incentive to spend weeks or months deal hunting, price matching, or regret about buying too early/late. when it's basically the exact same price all the time and from every retailer, you can just buy whenever you want to
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
5413 posts
379 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
jetcap wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2013 6:54 pm
I realize there might be better places to buy Apple products and if I had my druthers would purchase very little there. But as I say I've got a gift card for future shop that is earmarked towards new computer. So it's not so much a question of where, but more of when.
If you can only buy it from one place (like FS) then anytime there's a sale. Prices don't drop on Apple products rather they replace it when there's a new revision.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Dec 31, 2012
54 posts
4 upvotes
Belle province
number8888 wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2013 9:42 am
If you can only buy it from one place (like FS) then anytime there's a sale. Prices don't drop on Apple products rather they replace it when there's a new revision.
pretty much this.

if you can wait, i'd wait 'til the new revision's out or you can always wait for the student deal during summer
× < >