Entertainment

Best TV: What Is The Best Thing You Have Watched On The Small Screen?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 26th, 2024 3:04 pm
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4647 upvotes
Montréal
SPOILERS

lead wrote: I watched half the first season but it didn't take with me. Pullman was good but his off hour habits were a little tough to fathom.

the outsider.....dam only 1 left. Thats a show if it was bingeable you stuck for 10 hours so don't start it if your recorded it when you goto bed. Probably the best show this year and one of the best S.King adaptions done so far. Is it just me or do you hate that guys brother too. What a complete .....whats to say to do him justice!
Maybe they could've done a better job w Pullman's 'fetish'/weakness, but that's the reason he was drawn to Biel and wanted to help, since he could relate, but, agreed, it wasn't portrayed as best as it could've been.

Re Outsider, ya, amazing show, usually Stephen King adaptations suck major balls lol. What brother?
Hard work, inheritance, interest on interest accumulating, and stock and real estate speculation. It's all good.
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2002
12014 posts
4368 upvotes
Winnipeg
tranquility922 wrote: SPOILERS

Maybe they could've done a better job w Pullman's 'fetish'/weakness, but that's the reason he was drawn to Biel and wanted to help, since he could relate, but, agreed, it wasn't portrayed as best as it could've been.

Re Outsider, ya, amazing show, usually Stephen King adaptations suck major balls lol. What brother?
the guy they needed to find and watched so they could give him an alibi. He's brother is always smoking Pot and is an a$$ to everyone.
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4647 upvotes
Montréal
SPOILER
lead wrote: the guy they needed to find and watched so they could give him an alibi. He's brother is always smoking Pot and is an a$$ to everyone.
Oh, I barely remember him, even after you reminding me lol. To me, that infected cop is pretty annoying...I dunno how much power the creature/thing has on him but he must still have some control over himself.
Hard work, inheritance, interest on interest accumulating, and stock and real estate speculation. It's all good.
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2002
12014 posts
4368 upvotes
Winnipeg
tranquility922 wrote: SPOILER

Oh, I barely remember him, even after you reminding me lol. To me, that infected cop is pretty annoying...I dunno how much power the creature/thing has on him but he must still have some control over himself.
But the brother....basically dropped the pooch for them all at the end of last episode.
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4647 upvotes
Montréal
SPOILER
lead wrote: But the brother....basically dropped the pooch for them all at the end of last episode.
Oh crap, you're talking about Epi9 aren't you? I'm only up to 8. Better not check in here till I'm up-to-date lol.
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2002
12014 posts
4368 upvotes
Winnipeg

Oh crap, you're talking about Epi9 aren't you? I'm only up to 8. Better not check in here till I'm up-to-date lol.
oops.... yeah last night you need to watch that one. Things get serious.
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4647 upvotes
Montréal
Edit 12:
The Neighborhood
Light-hearted comedy about ethnic differences.
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4647 upvotes
Montréal
SPOILER
lead wrote: oops.... yeah last night you need to watch that one. Things get serious.
Man, you weren't kidding, what an idiot…how does he not know the consequences, but that's also (more?) on the team not telling him why his brother is being kept in the dark.
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2002
12014 posts
4368 upvotes
Winnipeg

Man, you weren't kidding, what an idiot…how does he not know the consequences, but that's also (more?) on the team not telling him why his brother is being kept in the dark.
Im pretty sure maybe the lead det. told him he pulled the brother aside. To leave him out of any info.Thats also why he went off on his brother for telling him anything. The guy is just a sh1t. The thing is the brother has anger issues so no doubt he draws the attention of the coco too.

To bad the last episode isn't 2hrs vs 1. Lots to wrap up. Maybe a second season?
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4647 upvotes
Montréal
SPOILER

lead wrote: Im pretty sure maybe the lead det. told him he pulled the brother aside. To leave him out of any info.Thats also why he went off on his brother for telling him anything. The guy is just a sh1t. The thing is the brother has anger issues so no doubt he draws the attention of the coco too.

To bad the last episode isn't 2hrs vs 1. Lots to wrap up. Maybe a second season?
Ya, hoping for more, but then again, what's there to talk about if they take it out? I guess it'll probably escape if there's another season?

So for sure the mustached cop is dead, any guesses who else? That was some rapid firing.
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2002
12014 posts
4368 upvotes
Winnipeg

Ya, hoping for more, but then again, what's there to talk about if they take it out? I guess it'll probably escape if there's another season?

So for sure the mustached cop is dead, any guesses who else? That was some rapid firing.
he was the P.I with copper taste in his mouth.

I think...my guess....they all die. Except the bar bouncer guy they were protecting and the lawyer who can't be the alibi because.....he's technically his lawyer. So technically the bouncer guy still gets blamed after all and coco gets away!

They never should have all went. Atleast 1 officer stayed backed with the lawyer and the bouncer. So before they left they called the other cops who wanted to question the scratched guy and said "we have the perps location at the caves and we need backup. That way what ever happens. They have some kind of explainable proof left alive.
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4647 upvotes
Montréal
SPOILER

lead wrote: he was the P.I with copper taste in his mouth.

I think...my guess....they all die. Except the bar bouncer guy they were protecting and the lawyer who can't be the alibi because.....he's technically his lawyer. So technically the bouncer guy still gets blamed after all and coco gets away!

They never should have all went. Atleast 1 officer stayed backed with the lawyer and the bouncer. So before they left they called the other cops who wanted to question the scratched guy and said "we have the perps location at the caves and we need backup. That way what ever happens. They have some kind of explainable proof left alive.
Don't rem copper taste mouth guy, he's the same as the moustache guy, right? Anyway, that's very dark, your guess, but it's possible given I totally didn't expect Bateman's character to die so quickly.

I'm hoping the sniper only gets maybe 1 or 2 more killed, Mendleson (sp?) seemed to be moving/dodging, then after that, who knows lol. Hope at least he and the African woman don't die, or else they're going havta start all over again in s2 (if there is one) trying to figure out the creature all over again.

Ya, obviously they made some questionable decisions for sake of leading to that snafu, like you said, all of them went to get the creature, could've asked for backup, maybe also lock up that stupid brother or the bouncer dude.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 11, 2004
5318 posts
3944 upvotes
Milton, ON.
MKR Australia season 11 is on now and is usually a great watch. I am however having a hell of a time finding the episodes. Usually daily motion is spot on but this time around, weird things are happening.
If you can find it, watch it.
Jan 12, 2020
493 posts
768 upvotes
Kidding is a series on Crave/Showtime which stars Jim Carrey as a kind of exaggerated satire of a Mr. Rogers type kids show host.

It is produced and largely directed by Michel Gondry, who previously worked with Jim Carrey on the classic sci-fi romance Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

The series is quite bizarre as you might imagine coming from the creative mind of Gondry, but it is also very funny and has quite a lot to say on the state of the modern world.

I enjoyed the first season more than the second (which currently has the two final episodes still coming out next week), but if you're in the mood for something different, I recommend the 20 episodes of this half-hour show.

Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
4196 posts
3204 upvotes
toronto
"Dave" on fx. first two episodes are out now, really funny.
Got that FIDO account!
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4647 upvotes
Montréal
Edit 13:
One of us
4 part miniseries re gripping murder that affects 2 families living in rural Scotland.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
4196 posts
3204 upvotes
toronto
for those of you who watched the outsider, now that its over I would not recommend this to anyone, what a horrible ending to this front loaded series. ugh.
Got that FIDO account!
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2002
12014 posts
4368 upvotes
Winnipeg
riseagainstthemachine wrote: for those of you who watched the outsider, now that its over I would not recommend this to anyone, what a horrible ending to this front loaded series. ugh.
Not sure what show you watched that was a pretty darn good series and ending. Although only half of the hour dealt with the creature but I guess it was for the last half covering it up and tying up loose ends.

Nothing is obvious in that show very subtitle and never strayed to far into the sensational like most or all generally do. That's how IT should have ended. Not with a goup of adults chanting "I'm brave" and "will" it away while everyone loses their memory of it. That was just childish.

I expect a season 2. I mean....the creature did trick the guy to shoot him on purpose. After all Its not the first time it was stuck in a cave and got out. But if not...they covered that possibility as well.

Probably the best stephen king adaption for tv yet hands down. Spooky that he got them to all covered it up. Because its exactly what it wanted and it wouldn't answer any questions about its self.
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4647 upvotes
Montréal
lead wrote: Not sure what show you watched that was a pretty darn good series and ending. Although only half of the hour dealt with the creature but I guess it was for the last half covering it up and tying up loose ends.

Nothing is obvious in that show very subtitle and never strayed to far into the sensational like most or all generally do. That's how IT should have ended. Not with a goup of adults chanting "I'm brave" and "will" it away while everyone loses their memory of it. That was just childish.

I expect a season 2. I mean....the creature did trick the guy to shoot him on purpose. After all Its not the first time it was stuck in a cave and got out. But if not...they covered that possibility as well.

Probably the best stephen king adaption for tv yet hands down. Spooky that he got them to all covered it up. Because its exactly what it wanted and it wouldn't answer any questions about its self.
+1 Guy ran out of Power Ranger episodes to watch. No idea how he thinks it's a bad show. It's well thought out.